(Close Window)
Topic: David Blaine Pulling Teeth
What the....? now that was a pretty interesting illusion. Im goin to go now and practice on my girlfriend but if it doesn't work...does anyone know of a good dentist?

(For the serious readers,I was only joking. don't try this at home... "go to your neighbors")quoted from Amazing Jonathan
Joke Response 1: Why do [b]that[/b] to your girlfriend when you can do so many other things ;) . You know, like jam her into an uncomfortably small spaces and puncture the space with as many sharp objects as possible.

Joke Response 2: Pulling teeth, huh? Sure sounds like love to me.

Nick Fox
If you are gonna do this on your girlfriend make sure that she takes the same stooge classes as the lady in the tv special. She was the worst actress I have ever seen - her reaction was totally unbelievable, IMO.
I might know how it works....

Did she ask if her tooth was gone?

EDIT: This should be moved to the street magic topic
Man you know that was good stuff.
Anyone know where I can get a folding tooth like that? :)
LOL......
Hey Bill......I thought that was a Goshman sponge tooth. They're available in white, brown, black, or yellow!! Full routine and acting lessons on DVD...ALEX
Nick,
Ive done all those but this would seem more interesting. Besides I can fix them if it doesn't work with fixodent ....it should be called fixatooth.
I know the dentist that designed it !!!!
Who is it?
I felt uncomfortable with the apparent blood from her mouth on his hands, and how he seemed willing to transfer that to others.
It wasnt there at first. He turned away from the audience and the cameras while everyone was staring at her and put blood on his fingers cuz then he turned around and had it on them.

and I agree totally marvello, she was the worst stooge that he couldve had. She had the most "uh duh" look on her face then id ever seen. I didn't even feel her pain. But the reappearance of them cought my attention.
It wasnt there at first. He turned away from the audience and the cameras while everyone was staring at her and put blood on his fingers cuz then he turned around and had it on them.

and I agree totally marvello, she was the worst stooge that he couldve had. She had the most "uh duh" look on her face then id ever seen. I didn't even feel her pain. But the reappearance of them cought my attention.
[quote]
On 2006-05-09 00:41, Kline wrote:
I know the dentist that designed it !!!!
[/quote]

Hmmmm...for the amount he is charging me for a broken tooth, I wonder if he could fix me up with that effect while he is at it.
Shaun, The issue isn't when, where, or if the blood came from somewhere, the issue is with the perception of what allegedly occured.
That trick was pretty stupid anyways.
Oh don't get me wrong Truth I agree with you on the blood. Some things should be left out I know I wouldnt be a happy spectator if the performer was sticking a bloody finger in my face.

but I was merely stating for those who might take this trick serious is that it wasnt real blood.
For the record, Hofsinzer was known to perform an effect with a woman's set of teeth. Check the writings of Rick Jay for the full story.

Brad
[quote]
On 2006-05-09 00:57, truthteller wrote:
I felt uncomfortable with the apparent blood from her mouth on his hands, and how he seemed willing to transfer that to others.
[/quote]

I'm tempted to say that I think that was actually part of the effect. What I mean is, the "blood" on his hands would be a good reason to not reapeat the effect, even though he seemed willing to do so. I think Blaine knew that noone would want bloody fingers in their mouths, and therefore he prevented the "do it again!" factor. All the while, he's offering to do it again. It's actually pretty clever... Plus, it all falls into his persona.

Don't get me wrong, I instantly thought the bloody fingers was a gross concept. But, I also think it was done on purpose.

Mike
The repeat notion aside, the idea of getting someone's blood on your own hands flies counter to everything we are taught about smart health safety.
Brad
So... right after this effect aired my phone rings...(it said 9 of diamond.. heh just kidding)

Conversation:

Caller, "Danny, didn't you use to perform that effect on yourself when you were like 18."

Me, "..(laugh)... yeah"

Caller, "Did he perform your trick?"

Me, "No... that was his"

Caller, "Why didn't he do yours"

Me, " I forgot about it, I stopped doing it, I thought it wasn't appropriate to perform in the settings I was in. Honestly, it didn't even come into my mind to tell Paul about it when he called me a few months ago"

Caller, "That sucks!!!"

Me, "..(laugh)... not really, although I think its funny how an idea that I thought was silly and stopped doing ends up on..."

Caller, "OH SH*T!!!! its back on I GOTTA GO... (click)"

Me, "hello?... hello?.... (click)"

hehe... anyways.

Daniel Garcia
It is always exciting when one sees ideas they have had, or published, used on TV.
You have a good point lockwood
Thanks Shaun!
It was like watching "Biting a Coin", but with a reverse effect. Hey now, THAT would make a nice combo effect. You could squirt blood on everyone.

Rick
I thought Blaine should have started the presentation by saying, "I'm going to hypnotize you so you won't feel any pain." If someone were to pull a tooth out of my mouth while I'm awake, I'd fall to the ground and cry like a little girl. She had no reaction and it had stooge written all over it.
Blood on the hands aside, how about somebody blowing into your mouth.....no thanks.

This trick could have been done stoogeless with slightly different handling, and probably would have been a better effect if it had.....at least the bad acting would have "dissapeared'.

I think magicians spot the stooges but the average TV spec doesn't notice, and doesn't care.
My dentist can hold his breath for 10 minutes!!!! LOL

Haas
Did anyone notice the guy in the back with the Billy Bob Teeth?
That was my favorite part!!!
Hey Danny,

Did you do the exact same effect as was seen on tv? If not, what was the general effect?