(Close Window)
Topic: Mr. Bernstein Where are you?
Does anyone have contact info to order Bruce Bernstein books or lecture notes? He performed a routine called "Eating at Joe's" at Mindvention and I am looking to purchase it.

Any ideas?

TIA, - Nicodemus
Try
http://members.aol.com/BruceMBernstein/index_001.htm
You might try this email address although the link above has a email contact also. I got this address from Bruce last summer at a lecture.

BBXX1@aol.com

-Brian
I just want to Bruce's lecture 2 weeks ago. You can contact him at BruceMBernstein@aol.com. I believe he takes PayPal.

His manuscript called "Three" contains Remote Driving, Eat at Joe's, and The Force of Psychology. The cover art has a Chinese/Japanese character "3". Apparently, one of Bruce's other talents is Japanese Calligraphy.
Thank you one and all...

- Nicodemus
Eat at Joe's is one of Bruce's favorite routines. He gives a great lecture and his books contain some powerful magic/mentalism that is not only easy to do but very entertaining. He is busy gearing up for a national tour but usually responds to emails very quickly. As Raether posted, he is a very talented fellow. He is also an accomplished pianist and musician/composer.
Well, so far I have gotten no response with two E-mails... If anyone has info of Bruce's tour I would appreciate it...?

Thanks, - Nicodemus
Bruce recently changed his email address. I believe that you will have better luck with brucembernstein@sbcglobal.net.
Excellent... I will try that address and let you know.

- Nicodemus
I just saw him at a lecture in PA recently.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce makes effects and routines that are outstanding to watch yet end up working on very easy principles. He is a great thinker.

Greg
My personal favorite of Bruces routines is his Psych out poker deal. Greg it is EXACTLY what you just said.

In my opinion Bruce is the epitemy of "work smarter, not harder".

I worked with Bruce for a few years at Magic Inc. Any chance you get to pick his brain about magic, mental magic or performing in general, is time well spent.

He happens to be a great person as well. A rare combination in this world, especially in entertainment.

Mind you this is only my very biased opinion.
I also really liked Psych Out. I didn't give it much thought until I read the effect in Dear Mr. Fantasty that's similar. Upon reading the Bannon routine, I dug out my Psych Out notes. I also have his "Going South" lecture notes, and an old Magic Inc. book he put out. Very good stuff. I've seen him lecture twice already, and he seems to be a great mentalist. His decks, while expensive, are very cool. Haven't heard of "Eating at Joe's" yet.
You must all stay clear of his work - I've been collecting it for a while and its all gold - no one else must know!!! SHHHH...

OK OK - I highly recommend Perception is Everything and his Lecture Notes Compendium - for starters.... you can't go wrong - its all gold... my precioussss
Bruce is a class act! I have travel many miles and paid full price for a convention only to see Bruce and leave.
To make you guys jealous even more, I worked with him for a LONG time, picked his brain every day!
I consider Mr Bernstein to be the greatest unsung hero in mentalism today. He simply hasn't had the praise due to him. Psych-Out is close to the final word in poker deals and A Sporting Prediction is simply sublime. In fact I don't think he has ever printed any weak material.
I agree with dr. Spektor... Let's be silent about this one... after all, perception IS everything !
Martin, you are right about your unsung hero quote. I too agree about him not having the praise he should be deserving along side his fellow peers.

Snidini
I've just bought a couple of Bruce Berstain's books direct from him, and are enjoying them very much.
Piers.
Finally bought my copy of Bruce's great book "Three" and having his "Eating at Joe's" in my happy little fingers... Yahoo!

He is without a doubt one of the nicest guys you will ever meet at a convention.

- Nicodemus
I just bought his Lecture Compendium and Three. Bruce is very underrated in the world of mentalism. I'll post a review when received.
Is "Three" still available anywhere?
I don’t know if Three is still available, but check his 2012 book, Unreal. Eat at Joe’s is in it.
Two of the routines in Three--Eat at Joe's and Force of Psychology--are definitely in Unreal (which is an absolutely mandatory purchase for any mentalist or bizarrist). I don't know about the Remote Driving routine, but here is the blurb from Bruce's website at www.brucembernstein.com :

"At last, a three year effort at collecting, reorganizing, and rewriting all of my previously published works, (whether well known or highly obscure), has finally been completed. Whenever appropriate, the material has been rewritten to make it even more accessible and clear to the reader. I've added tips, touches, and updates to many of the effects, as well as including ten new essays, specially created for this book. All of the material has also been reorganized by the type of effect being presented.

Now, gathered in 256 pages, bound in deluxe hardcover; all of my materials published before 2012 have been newly edited and expanded, as well as being expertly illustrated by Tony Dunn.

UNREAL contains it all - from what I, and many others, believe is the most commercial effect ever created, Eat at Joe's, to card miracles such as Psych-Out, a revelatory improvement to the 10 Card Poker Deal concept, to must-learn techniques as my Bernstein Center Tear, and beyond. UNREAL covers territory essential to every wonder worker's repertoire.

The book outlines mysteries with the most basic of objects: slips of paper, cards, and money, as well as inexplicable feats of thought reading: predictions, mind reading feats, psychometry, utility techniques for obtaining secret information, cold reading scripts and techniques, and more."

I highly recommend checking out his website, which contains some absolutely incredible material issued after the publication of Unreal as well.

Seth
Thanks Seth!!