(Close Window)
Topic: No Assembly in Memphis?
Next year I'm moving to Memphis. I just checked the SAM site - I couldn't find a ring in Memphis, is this true?
Wow, how did that happen?

If you're a member and you'd like to help start up the Elvis Assembly (as it doesn't appear that the Cookesville or Nashville assemblies would be too convenient), please contact Regional Vice President Artie Kidwell: artkidwell@aol.com.

Best,
Neil
Oh, I will. I'm not moving back to Memphis until next spring though. I have another 8 months on this contract then I'm moving back. My grandpa has a year or two left and my momma already had a stroke so I'm going to live with family for a few years. I'll keep a summer home in Galveston though.
OK In Iceland but getting stationed to Montana. how can I find out if there is a ring out there?
[quote]
On 2006-05-24 19:01, paisa23 wrote:
OK In Iceland but getting stationed to Montana. how can I find out if there is a ring out there?
[/quote]

I just checked the magicsam.com website, and there's an Assembly in Helena. For more info, you'll want to contact Regional Vice President Tom Waldrop: trix_r_i@bctonline.com

Best,
Neil
Thank you very much and emailed him.
Bummer Neil Tobin
He contacted me back and there no longer is one. Thanks though.
[quote]
On 2006-05-31 14:57, paisa23 wrote:
Bummer Neil Tobin
He contacted me back and there no longer is one. Thanks though.
[/quote]
Sorry to hear it. Are you going to work with him to try to build one? Please keep me posted.
Best,
Neil
Once I get there ill get and situated ill contact you again too see if any updates. I am not a member of any. When I lived in Jersey I never thought to join one I just wentto round table and other meetings, but I guess there are at least two people not including me who are magicians in the state of Montana we will see what happens.

On a side note did you ever get that Xpert DVD going?
Thanks for the help though.
Glad to be of service :)

About the Xpert DVD: I've got a couple of other projects ahead of it, but then, I promise, it will happen. Thanks for asking.

Best,
Neil
[quote]
On 2006-05-19 08:35, rikbrooks wrote:
Next year I'm moving to Memphis. I just checked the SAM site - I couldn't find a ring in Memphis, is this true?
[/quote]

Don't start an SAM ring in Memphis. The IBM won't like that. Start an assembly.

Sorry, Rik. I couldn't resist!

Seriously, I'm sure you can find some other magicians around there to start an assembly.
Memphis IBM club

http:www.//ring16.org
Well, I'm back home. I'm in Memphis, have a job, bought a house. My family will be moving here to join me as soon as I close on the house.

Time to turn my attention to the IBM ring and starting a SAM Assembly - The Elvis Assembly sounds awful good. So does the Blues Assembly or the Beale Street Assembly.

Heck, it could be the Southern Gentleman Assembly or Bubba's Assembly.

Hey, I kind of like that last one. How about the Redneck Assembly.

This is getting better and better.
[quote]
On 2006-10-29 10:07, rikbrooks wrote:
The Elvis Assembly sounds awful good.
[/quote]

Sounds good to me too!

Thankyouverymuch,
Neil