(Close Window)
Topic: Name of packet trick using 2 Kings, 2 Queens and 2 Jacks as a story??
Hey guys,

I have been "out" of magic for a few years and recently began practicing (and loving) the cards again. I used to perform a packet trick-- now bare with me as I search the ol' filing cabinet in me noggin-- that was a story, and went something like two kings looking for a queen, and then the red queen changes to a black queen they meet at a bar or something, and then the queens end up going home with jacks.

Yeah, incredibly accurate, I know hehe but any help would be very much appreciated. It was an absolutely brilliant effect that used to floor everyone and I can't remember for the life of me how to do it or exactly which cards were used.

Thanks in advance!!!
The foundation is in Brother John Hammons Gemini Twins. The addition of 2 jacks is a presentation I am not aware of, but will be interested to find out it's origins
Magicbar,

Thanks, you're right. I've been doing some searching and that's definitely it.

Anyone have any kind of a link to anyone performing it, ie., a video clip or something? I've just been working on it and I've almost remembered it but am stuck in a few places. If only I hadn't sold all my magic videos, grrr :mad: !!!
Beg, borrow or buy Michael Ammars' Easy To Master Card Miracles Vol 3 - "TWINS"
[quote]
On 2006-05-20 16:50, magicbar wrote:
The foundation is in Brother John Hammons Gemini Twins. The addition of 2 jacks is a presentation I am not aware of, but will be interested to find out it's origins
[/quote]

It's actually just "Twins" (or sometimes "The Twins") by Bro John Hamman. But definitely not "Gemini Twins" which is another trick altogether.

The variation with the jacks is a method introduced by Bill Malone, I think and shows 'four boys all called jack' just before the finale of all being achieved with just one card - a jack!

(It's amazing to see just how many times we get confused over "Twins," "Gemini Twins" and "Jumping Gemini" on this board.)
Gemini Twins in volume four of On the Loose by bill Malone. There is a really cool ending that I love that perhaps you should look into.
[quote]
On 2006-05-23 15:05, steve j wrote:
Gemini Twins in volume four of On the Loose by bill Malone. There is a really cool ending that I love that perhaps you should look into.
[/quote]

Steve - see my post above your previous. we aint talkin' "Gemini Twins" :)
LOL aren't all Twins the Same? Roger Sorry brother just trying to get that vein going. I understand what you mean. Could you do us a favor and list where each effect can be located. I have both Malone and Ammars set but at home and cant recall which is where.
Paisa LOL! - nice hat by the way! :)

Without ready reference to hand - I think I recall that Gemini Twins is the first trick in one of Fulves' books. Twins is well documented as Bro John Hamman's and appears in Easy To Master Card Miracles (Vol??) whilst Jumping Gemini is one of Darwin Ortiz's.

Sorry I cant be more specific, but I'm replying from a remote loaction. But, hey, you know this place better than me - the answer is in these pages somewhere! :)

Roger
You'll find Jumping Gemini in ETMCM vol 6 and Twins in ETMCM vol 3. Very nive version of Gemini Twins in J Guastaferro Brainstorm vol 2 or J Bannon Dear Mr Fantasy book.

Hope this helps !
Gemini Twins is the first trick in Fulves's "More Self-Working Card Tricks." It's also in "Magic for Dummies" under the name "Soul Mates."
Why don't you guys go to the source and get The Secrets Of Brother John Hamman.

You will learn the Twins as well as MANY other gems by Hamman.

Best,
Trini
[quote]
On 2006-07-01 21:05, MagicT wrote:
Why don't you guys go to the source and get The Secrets Of Brother John Hamman.

You will learn the Twins as well as MANY other gems by Hamman.

Best,
Trini
[/quote]
I tried this method, but I'm usually asleep by the time he explaines his first trick...
Thanks for all the help everyone, I fiddled with and remembered the effect and am knockin' suckas out with it left, right and center! :D