(Close Window)
Topic: Marketed effects with giants cards
What effects are marketed with giants cards?
Aldo Colombini and Martin Lewis both have some wonderful effects with jumbo cards.
Sidewalk Shuffle, Chase the Ace, Jumbo BWAVE, Invisible Deck, Jumbo split deck... and more...
The McCombical Deck is another good one.
Thank you, but I mean giants, not jumbo cards, anyway, where can I find those effects?
If you can find one of the original 3 Card Monarch effects by Harry Anderson (manufactured and sold by the original Sun Magic in Arizona in the 1980's) you'll have a great GIANT card routine.
Two of my favorites, that I perform often, are Peter Duffie's "Pick Me, Pick Me Not", which is marketed by Aldo Colombini and "Sidewalk Shuffle", which is marketed by Martin Lewis. They're both standard dealer items, as with most items listed above.
If you're looking only for effects that use larger than jumbo cards, Gary Summers has a "giant" 3 card monte effect that uses 11" x 15" cards. Available at Hocus Pocus.
I often find a regular deck effect and just enlarge it to a Jumbo version for my own use. I did this with B'Wave years before it was marketed in a jumbo size.
My current favourite is a giant "Whole Card Jumbo" which plays well on platform OR in close-up.

Another effect that enlarges well for stage is Danny Archer's "Animental". My cards measure 17" x 20". Animental works best in the large format if the graphics are arranged in a square format rather than in a straight line as in the original regular size

Any court card will enlarge easily to an A3 size (approx twice leter size)using a scanner and an ink-jet printer. Print onto a photo quality 80 gm paper with a non water based glue. Spray with a matt finish clear laquer.
I've seen/done/owned/known about the Invisible Deck for a good 30 years now, but only recently saw someone work a jumbo version. He kept it in a bank bag (and even had a funny bit about what a bank bag is used for!)......it played very well for a HUGE audience! :heavymetal: :heavymetal: :heavymetal: :heavymetal: :heavymetal:
Check themagicgadgetsite.com
Jumbo Coincidence by Aldo is great!
The larger than Jumbo Three Card Monte sets are great when performed as originally intended or using just one in a McCombical-type presentation.

Julie
I bought a giant deck on eBay and do Chef Anton's Jumbo Monte with them. The trick is actually "Color Monte" enlarged. I do it at every show and it goes over great plus it uses "regular" cards which can be examined.
Big Parade of the Kings