(Close Window)
Topic: Coins of Ishtar
Recently I saw a internet listing for a book called “Coins of Ishtar” by Jules DeBarros.
Is it this a widely used and popular routine or not and why?
Maybe I should rephrase this has anyone ever used any part of the “Coins of Ishtar”?
Yes it is an interesting routine...I have been using it for many years. The display sequence is so bold and open yet it flies right by people. It needs a presentation to be effective IMO.
JTW
Yes! I have the original hard copy of the book and it's very interesting, I agree with JTW. It's a fantastic routine that is all about presentation. Very very easy to do.

Regards-
Steve
I believe the booklet is still available from Hank Lee, click [url=http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=5922&cat=&page=1]HERE[/url] to view. I believe the routine uses two C/S coins, so order an extra set if you don't have enough.

For $9 it's a good investment, and it teaches a very clever paddle-type move with the C/S gimmicked coin. SETH
I have the booklet too. Although it's a nice routine to utilize your C/S coins, I haven't had that much success with spectators. It's too repetitive, and it pretty much telegraphs the ending. There are several other routines in the book as well, so even if you don't do the "Ishtar" routine, for the money it's still worth getting.
It is a nice little routine that I used to use all the time years ago and just re-added to my set list. I ditched the patter, which I found a bit silly, but the effect itself has always gotten a really nice reaction from laymen.

BTW, it is out of stock at Hank Lees, but I was able to track down a copy at the Magic Depot. You may want to try there.