(Close Window)
Topic: VistaPrint.
Hi everyone! I have recently found out about vistaprint. It is a printing company that prints flyers, brochures, business cards, postcards, stamps, etc. They have excellent prices, and they give great offers. (You can get up to 250 FREE business cards) My question is: what is the catch? Does anyone here use them? Are they good? Is there a catch to their free products?
I am thinking on buying some business cards, and possibly some brochures in the future. I am just wondering if this would be worth the time, (and money if there is no more special offers) to work with these people. I am currently getting cards made up by someone else, but I may want to change around. So let me know what they are like.
Thanks. -Cory.
I use them and love them. There really isn't a catch. I have ordered 2 sets of card from them. You only have to pay shipping charges on your free cards. Infact, I am about to order from them again for some new cards and return labels
Actually, "the catch" for the FREE business cards is - they have their website info printed on the back of YOUR card. This looks very unprofessional if you are representing yourself as a professional entertainer.

You can pay them a little more and they won't put their info on the back. In my opinion, that would be money well spent.

I have used them many times for my own marketing material and they do indeed ROCK!

Lyndel
Ok. I knew it was too good to be true. So I am guessing that the free business cards have the website info on the back, and if you pay for the "Premium Business Cards" they don't put the info on the back. Is that the way it works?
What is the card stock like? Are the colors bright and noticable? Can you change the font and color of the writing?
There are many online business card companies competing for your business. Vista Print is just one of them. They get you on shipping costs. Overnight Prints is a similar company, similar prices, not as big a product line, but better shipping costs.
[quote]
On 2006-06-02 17:31, themagicman101 wrote:
Ok. I knew it was too good to be true. So I am guessing that the free business cards have the website info on the back, and if you pay for the "Premium Business Cards" they don't put the info on the back. Is that the way it works?
What is the card stock like? Are the colors bright and noticable? Can you change the font and color of the writing?
[/quote]

You don't have to get the premium cards. As you go through the creation process it offers a plain white back. And it is not much to get a plain white back. I use vista prints over my local printers because I save tons of money by going to vista prints
The card stock is great, and the colors look just as nice as they do on your computer screen.

Brett.
[quote]
On 2006-06-02 21:52, Corey Harris wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-06-02 17:31, themagicman101 wrote:
[/quote]

You don't have to get the premium cards. As you go through the creation process it offers a plain white back. And it is not much to get a plain white back. I use vista prints over my local printers because I save tons of money by going to vista prints
[/quote]

Good quality cards do not cost ...they pay. In my area I see about 15-20 "magicians/clowns/entertainers that use the same style "vista print"card. While in theory that are good cards but you do not set your self apart from the next guy.

When I first started in magic 20 years ago you had to have plates done for each color your card was. I had two different colors and wanted my card to be yellow. I could not just print the two colors on a yellow card as the bleed would change the green and purple, in the end I had 3 plates made, 1 for yellow, 1 for green and 1 for purple. My first set of 1000 cards cost me about $400.00 (remember this was 20 years ago. I can now get 5000 for that amount of money and have a shiney front and print on the back. Moral of the story....12 years ago when most every card out there for every business was B/W mine set me apart and I still have the same card (basically) and people still have mine from 12 years ago.

TGS
Is the "100 lb super premium card stock" glossy? It says that it is much better quality, but it says "Matte finish"
I think I will just get the guy who is currently doing my cards to keep doing it, and if I want a change, I will go for vistaprint. But I think I will probably make some orders for some magnets. Some that say "Happy Birthday" and some that say "This hereby claims that the holder was a helper for" then underneith "The Magic of Cory Gallupe." Or something of the sort. A certificate to give to my helpers that they will never forget.
I don't know if the vista print USA is the sam as vista print europe but if you want some cheap one of stuff they are great but for business cards and things you want people to keep then go to a pro. Its worth the extra bit of cash to get something truly professional. With vistaprint you either use their stock backgrounds which then makes your style un original or you upload your own which unless you are a graphic designer its gonna look cheap. I have messed about doing my own cards and I am no slob when it comes to design but the moeny spent with a pro company was invaluable! I still get stuff from Vista but the stuff I give out to clients and the ones I want to be passed around are done through another company. Worth the moeny every time!
I don't know if the vista print USA is the sam as vista print europe but if you want some cheap one of stuff they are great but for business cards and things you want people to keep then go to a pro. Its worth the extra bit of cash to get something truly professional. With vistaprint you either use their stock backgrounds which then makes your style un original or you upload your own which unless you are a graphic designer its gonna look cheap. I have messed about doing my own cards and I am no slob when it comes to design but the moeny spent with a pro company was invaluable! I still get stuff from Vista but the stuff I give out to clients and the ones I want to be passed around are done through another company. Worth the moeny every time!