(Close Window)
Topic: Trost's Maxi Twisto and The Unknown Card
I was looking for some feedback on both of these effects. I inquired in the Tricks and Effects section but so far no word.

Anyone who owns these packet tricks care to comment? Do they play well?

Thanks so much.
Trost's Maxi Twisto starts off like a "Twisting the Aces" effect as you show the 4 face up aces and they turn down one at a time. Next the 4 cards turn into 5 and are the ten of spades through the Ace of spades. All the faces are shown, not that "spread only" way of showing the faces.
Only 5 cards are used. Terriffic effect and you look clean through out. I love this.
Thanks so much for the response.
Bill Malone does a version of Maxi Twisto on one of his videos.
I think 'On the Loose Vol 3'
Done well this has a great impact as three of the aces dissappear to be revealed later.

(I try and use the suits to represent riches, health, love and wisdom; and also the 2H to represnt their partner, 3H their family and 4H their friends)
The Unkown Card looks intriguing also. Any comments on this effect?
You should check out Marlo's "Omni Twist." (Good Turns And Twists - Racherbaumer)

Best,
Trini
The original "Maxi-Twist" is different, and is the one that Bill Malone does, except he ends his differently.

It's an effect by a guy in Texas named Roger Smith. You start with the four aces, one at a time they turn face down, and when you turn them face up, they're the ace, 2, 3 and 4.

It's a great effect, and none too difficult if you can do an elmsley.
Roger Smith's effect is fantastic.
I have no complaints about them both, I use them both, for my table to table corpate events
And the Roger Smith effect uses ungimmicked cards.
I can also attest to the power of Trost's Maxi-Twisto. It gets a great reaction.
Maxi Twisto is one of my favorites and I have done it hundreds of times. The plot is very easy to follow and it's a real killer!

Because the cards are plastic, they last a long long time with minimum care. Nevertheless, I have 6 or 7 sets at home, because you never know when they are going to stop production of them (or any other trick).

Highly recommended.