(Close Window)
Topic: What are some nice, not so expensive cups?
I'm sorry if this has already been posted (I searched and couldn't find anything), but I'm a beginner magician (only 13)and wanted to learn the cup and balls trick (The entire routine in Mark Wilson's book). However, I don't have any nice cups. I also don't want to spend much money on nice cups. So are there any cheap, non plastic cups? I was thinking of getting mini cups because of their portableness and they aren't as expensive for nice ones, but I wasn't sure if they worked well.
The cups from Bazar di Magia are about the best dollar value. They have good characteristics.

Let me know what your budget is and I'll tell you what you can get.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 21, 2006 01:53PM)
Make sure you get with Bill on this one before you buy. I perform this effect a lot, and would have difficulty working with the small spun aluminum ones.
Bill, those cups are exactly what I wanted (price range and style). I didn't want to spend too much money on a trick to find out that I don't like it much. Thanks. And I was just looking at your museum on cups and balls. It's really interesting.
Glad to be of help. And thanks for the kind words about the museum. It has been a lot of work.
It must have been. It is an amazing collection, and it helped me fully appreciate the history of the cups and balls.
Not only is Bill's site wonderful, he is very helpful to those who are interested in cups and balls. I have emailed him with questions a couple of times and his replies have been both prompt and helpful.

He deserves a lot of thanks for all he does.

Chris
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jun 21, 2006 09:17PM)
His helpfulness extends way beyond cups and balls. We've had threads thanking him.
No thanks are necessary. I do what I do out of a love for magic and a nearly pathological addiction to sets of cups.

I'm joking.

There's no "nearly" about it!
Hey Bill, why don't I see any Bazar di Magia cups in your museum?

And about your 'addiction'...no, you are not joking! ;)

I Am Johnny Mystic
The Bazar di Magia cups are in the museum.
Yes he does and now I have some! ;)

johnny