(Close Window)
Topic: UFC, 3CM, CFWM, Triple Threat
Okay, I hate to be ignorant--or at least publicly confirm it--but I'm curious about these high end sets. I've been told that they are pretty much the same--the only difference is in the supporting instrucions, dvd and routines provided with the coin gaffs. I'm sure this is NOT the case, but wanted to get some insight on this. I'm thinking of going with one of them--but I'm interested in knowing if there is a consensus.

I'd appreciate your thoughts without giving too much away--or PM me. I'd appreciate it.

BooRadley
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jul 22, 2006 09:23PM)
Sliding, magnetic, shimmed, non-sliding

There is much on this stuff and some who have most of the gaffs and can compare utility. Dan Watkins may be a good one to ask for specifics.
I wonder if 3CM is worth the money, of if the same effect can be down with just a regular shell set. I am just getting started with coin work(cardman mostly) and find myself in a whole new world. A friend told me to just start with 5 half dollars and a shell,lots of roth, with a sprinkle of rocco.
It's a lot more direct and less angly than using EG and some blu-tac.
Irishghost...

Your friend was right... 5 half dollars and a shell... (64's to start)

Roth's easy to master coin magic tapes... Bobo's coin magic
and you are good to go.

Wait on the other gaffs until you make the decide if coin magic is for you..
It is a whole new world.

Good luck,
Shawn.
ShawnB, your definately right but the triple threat/3cm is a pretty sweet gimmick, I constantly find myself thinking about effects that are cleaned up using this gimmick.

that said $350 buys a lot of books
[quote]
On 2006-08-09 21:41, Irishghost wrote:
I wonder if 3CM is worth the money, of if the same effect can be down with just a regular shell set. I am just getting started with coin work(cardman mostly) and find myself in a whole new world. A friend told me to just start with 5 half dollars and a shell,lots of roth, with a sprinkle of rocco.
[/quote]

It's worth every penny spent on it. The construction of the gaff makes for some very clean handlings that you can't do with a normal shell set!!!

Mike
I've seen the Triple Threat and it is very nice indeed, I was impressed by it's quality and function. It is on my list of highly wanted items.
Is there a difference, other than Craftsman, between the 3CM and the Triple Threat?
[quote]
On 2006-08-10 23:01, Kihei wrote:
Is there a difference, other than Craftsman, between the 3CM and the Triple Threat?
[/quote]

Yes...but it's minor

Mike
Thank you all very much for your positive input. I will start with the basics, and move up. I have Mr Roths volumes from the stars of magic, and just bought Volumes 16,17 and 18 of his Expert coin series. I will work on utility moves and holds first before I move on to routines. Also I will probubly get 3CM later, because I have heard a lot of great things about it. Also I should be getting my Trabucco hold out in a few days, and was told this would make my limited coin work a lttle better, with vanishes and re appearing the coins, wish me luck.

Regards, Jeremy Hanrahan
Mike is correct, it is minor. But I prefer the Triple Threat because it allows for some additional usage for other routines.

Steve
Isn't the only difference that one's milled down?
There do seem to be a lot of people selling the new Come Fly With Me already. Not meaning dealers but purchasers....
I've followed this thread and was interested in an answer to Boo's original question. I have wondered the same -- if all these are basically variations on the same gaff and the difference is in the routining. If one knows the routine, can one do, for example, Bob Kohler's U3Fly with the Triple Threat or 3CM gaff?
[quote]
On 2006-08-11 22:09, bugjack wrote:
I've followed this thread and was interested in an answer to Boo's original question. I have wondered the same -- if all these are basically variations on the same gaff and the difference is in the routining. If one knows the routine, can one do, for example, Bob Kohler's U3Fly with the Triple Threat or 3CM gaff?
[/quote]

No, not really as U3Fly is very different than Triple Threat or 3CM...however, Triple Threat and 3CM are closely akin.

Mike
HI there,
Does anyone know if the Schoolcraft 3CM coin gimick will stick to the Trabuco holdout?
Thanks in advance for anyone who has the 3 CM. Also if you have it can you give me your thoughts on it as what reaction you are getting from the laypeople.
Martin Sanderson
Magicdudey,

The 3CM gimmick will be able to be used with the Trabucco Holdout from what Jamie says on his site. If you look very closely at the final vanish you can see the coin being dropped out of camera view when he drops his hand to his stomach. I too thought that it was a gimmicked vanish using the holdout until I saw that. Dang.
Thank you for the info.
I just need to know now if the trabuco (which I have) will indeed hold the 3CM gimmick as I will only purchase it if this is possible due to a very clean ditch of the last coin making the routine full circle.
I think this routine would play very well in many real world situation, sep in a walkaround reception and even more so in a loud busy evening event, club, disco etc.
Have been coming back to look at the 3CM video clip for many months and always think about the commercial aspect of the effect. It think it has a good feel and would make a great real world opener to a walkaroud set.
Thanks again.
Martin
Can you set up your trabucco with a short sleeve shirt? I am very curious about this. Thanks.
[quote]
On 2006-08-14 06:10, magicdudey wrote:
Thank you for the info.
I just need to know now if the trabuco (which I have) will indeed hold the 3CM gimmick as I will only purchase it if this is possible due to a very clean ditch of the last coin making the routine full circle.

It does work with the trabuco (i don't have one but jamie says so on his website) but in my opinion that is not a major selling point since there are far easier ways to get rid of the last coin - topit, sleeve etc. The other thing to remember with the three coin vanish sequence is it is the tip of the iceberg.

You wont be dissapointed
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Aug 14, 2006 04:37PM)
With all due respect, that last vanish is the capstone to a three coin vanish sequence.

The basic gaff does permit a nice handling of Ramasy's "Three Coins in the Hat" which takes most of the worry out of the trick till you get to the very end. And even that is MUCH easier with a [[x than three loose coins.
Okay, back to the original question again -- and thanks, Mike, for your reply... since each of these gimmicked coins can do somewhat similar things, if you were going to buy just one, which would you prefer to have? The Kohler routine/gimmick, or the Triple Threat/3CM coin? Which would be more useful for a variety of routines?
Hey guys, and gals, I spoke to Jamie at a recent convention and he said that he is unfortunately going to be raising the price of the 3CM set in the near future. If you've been looking to add this piece of precision coinage to your arsenal of coin magic, grab it now while you can still get it under $400. It will be going up in price very soon. Just an FYI.
Thank, Snidini.

Also, why doesn't anyone make this gimmick in half dollars? How come everything is silver dollars, which are really coins that no one sees in everyday experience?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 15, 2006 06:04AM)
Joshua Jay's 3 coin vanish with a [ and a [/ coin works so much better with a 3CM. I use the vanish in the watch at the end, and it looks great. I do a one coin routine with the 3CM starting with my invisible coin production, then say its a lot easier if you use more than oen coin, as I produce two more coins. Then explain the hard part is to keep them hidden, as I vanish them back to one coin, and then do the final vanish as Josh Jay describes, though I first saw Mark Leveridge use this move
Given the choice of gaffs...I would go with the triple threat/ 3cm over uf3...somuch more can be done with those 2!

Mike
Now the difficult part is what to go for: Morgans or Peace???? I have a fantastic set of 4 Peace's and fantastic shell which I bought via Keith Bennett here in the UK about 5 yrs ago.
Just emailed Jamie and have pre ordered a set, just waiting to know which one to go for.
The peace dollars do look good..mind you so do the Morgans'.or do the peaces look a tad better.or what about the Morgans????
I used to be do indecisive...............but now I;m not so sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got a SNEAK preview of the next Genii where Johnathan Townsend's REAL WORK is fully described with tons of photos... a MUST READ for any coin worker.
That's great news Pete. It'll be nice to see some more of Johnathan's work.
Snidini,

Thanks for the head's up. I was on the fence with 3CM for a while, but now that you said the prices will be raising I went ahead and placed my order for one.
[quote]
On 2006-08-14 23:48, bugjack wrote:
Thank, Snidini.

Also, why doesn't anyone make this gimmick in half dollars? How come everything is silver dollars, which are really coins that no one sees in everyday experience?
[/quote]

I spoke with Jamie yesterday, he does make them in half dollars now. Also he confirmed that the 3CM works with the Trabucco holdout.
For the budget conscious, the Triple Threat is also a great option, and cheaper than the 3CM... seems like a no-brainer to me! I have seen both and they are each fantastic works of art!
How much is the Triple Threat in half dollars? (And are they only in Liberty, not Kennedy?).

I couldn't find them on Todd's website.
Bugjack,

Jamie is the one that makes the 3CM in half dollar size. His site is http://www.coingaffs.com It is not listed on his site yet. You will need to email him or give him a call to get more details about it.
Bugjack,

Jamie is the one that makes the 3CM in half dollar size. His site is http://www.coingaffs.com It is not listed on his site yet. You will need to email him or give him a call to get more details about it.
Hi bugjack,

You are correct about your response. I just spoke with Jamie Schoolcraft and he said he charges $250.00 for half dollar 3CM.
[quote]
On 2006-08-16 10:59, magiclee71 wrote:
Hi bugjack,

You are correct about your response. I just spoke with Jamie Schoolcraft and he said he charges $250.00 for half dollar 3CM.
[/quote]

Liberty or Kennedy?
[quote]
On 2006-08-16 12:02, Eric Gretencord wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-08-16 10:59, magiclee71 wrote:
Hi bugjack,

[/quote]

Liberty or Kennedy?
[/quote]

I'm quite sure either style is the same price for the half dollar 3CM.