(Close Window)
Topic: Electrochromatic Glass - Goes Dark at The Flip Of A Switch!
This new glass may come in handy for Illusion Builders.... Available later this year.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/electrochromatic-glass-instant-darkening-190931.php

Any Ideas?
I thought this, or something similar, was already available.
This looks different than the argon gas, which has a frosted look at the flick of a switch.
Yeah, electrochromatic glass has been available to builders for a couple of years now. It was introduced at one building industry show as being ideal for RESTROOM installations in public buildings (!) -- the pitch was that if the door is opaque, the room's occupied.

Leland
Company I used to work for (about four years ago) was in the same building as Paul Allen's investment company in downtown Seattle. One of the secretaries took me on a tour one morning and they had walls made of this same type of material, except it could go from transparent to completely opaque rather like using a dimmer switch on lights.
That glass can be seen in use at Bar85 I belive in NYC.... they use it in th e bathrooms and Leland said...very cool....very interesting ideas!!!!!!!!
That glass can be seen in use at Bar85 I belive in NYC.... they use it in th e bathrooms and Leland said...very cool....very interesting ideas!!!!!!!!