(Close Window)
Topic: Chinese sticks with shrunken heads?
I am working on my "Jungle Jim" character and thought this up in one of those "can't stop thinking and just go to sleep" moments.

Is there something out there that could be used instead of the little Pom Pom balls?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Jim
Ouch, I like that!! Flora and Company did come out with a video on how to make shurunken heads, Now I have another use for them!!! Nice Idea!!
I have a set of these on order from someone. I guess I should get them made! Portrait ones.
Now if you can make them talk to one another with an "island dialect" as they do in the Harry Potter Movie...
A genius Idea!!!!!
Does goulchaser still have these on sale? ( Discount rack)
http://ghoulchasermagic.com/products/view/accessories/77/
Or just little skulls...It's already Halloween at Michael's!
Body parts are pretty dramatic - especially drippy ones! Eyeballs?

Maybe clumps of fur that later on animate as a zombie Judy (or finger) Mouse?

How about fishing poles that catch piranha?

Spiders and a seque to/from Jim Pace's "Web"?
WOW! Thanks for all the relplies and the link too! I think "Jungle Jim" might be who I become on a regular basis in the future....
Gah! Nostromo, if I were a coffee drinker, I would be cleaning my screen right now!

The thought of eyeballs on the shinese sticks, nice optical nerve corded ones, as part of your finale, you could remove them from the stick and replace them into the hearby skull/head on a stand (where you took them from inthe first place, of course...) OR do you just do the bit IN the skull? No sticks involved? Anyway then while taking your bow, having an Arlen Popeyed Popper plop loose from yyour own head......
Kay
I can up the ante -- Testicles !

OUCH ! lol
I wonder, seriously, if the Jivaro ever did anything with them ?
I bet if they'd known about testosterone, they would've, and skipped the heads !!
They'd make nice drawstring bags ... that'd be creepy on a whole new level.. just painful to even watch..

I hope they don't delete this post, because I'm serious - not being facetious.
Testicular sacs from kangaroos, show up on eBay regularly, made into drawstring pouches.
Aint' that great ? The females have natural pouches, but they gotta go and carve up the males !! lol
Now Mystician! YOU are teh one who upped the thing! I just thought of the eyeball additions to what Nostromo said!

I never said to carve or manipulate....er...."Nevermind!"
k
I could see some great gags to use in an adult show with those. You could even do a pep rally in which Go Nats (if you live in DC) morphs to GO Nads!

I'm looking at kid stuff right now. I don't think shrunken heads would be too extreme for them though (7-9 age range).
Kids LOVE the extreme stuff.
Of course they do. When I was a kid, I kept candy in the shrunken head my father gave me. I called him Pez.

Tony
Make the sticks out of PVC pipe, which you add bondo to in order to make them look like bones. Whatever you use for "tassels" has to be light enough to be drawn back by the gaffus. So some lightweight plastic skulls or heads would probably be good. Use Krylon for plastics to put a paintable surface on them.

Figure that each gaff must weigh twice as much as the skull, plus enough to overcome the coefficient of friction.

Use teflon powder for lube. It is not as messy as graphite.

This sounds like a great project.
I didn't know they allowed the word 'coefficient' here...kinda like Intersection and Outercourse. :)
I know other big ones as well. Try perhelion and aphelion. They don't apply to Chinese sticks, unless you orbit the little tassles around the sun. ;)
Bill, I'm glad you didn't say some thing like "geosynchronous" or "Australopithecus!" That would get you thrown off for sure!

Oh, yeah, I've seen somebody orbit those little tassels. Verrrry interesting!
What about little beating hearts?
How would you get the hearts to beat .. ? Neat idea though.
Two hearts, beat as one. I like it - there's a reason to have the two hearts, and it'd be almost easy to come up with a story as to why they are "linked".
Good thinking, Gotama.
I believe that whatever is used for chinese sticks, there should be some kind of preestablished, easy-to-identify-with kind of link.
Eyeballs, as Kay pointed out, would be neat - even neater if one shut while the other was being pulled.

Teflon powder, that's interesting.. I don't know if I've ever seen that around. Graphite is terrribly messy stuff though, for sure.

And being the iconoclast that I am...

" [i]antidisestablishmentarianism[/i] " !!

hah ! cya all on the funny farm.
Antidisestablishmentarian...

How 'pedestrian'...which I think is Armenian?
Enough of this floccinaucinihilipilification! (How seldom do I get to use that one!) The teflon powder is available at hardware stores and at places that sell model train supplies.

If there was some way to make an eyeball close when you wrapped your hand around it, and the other open really wide when you pulled on the cord, that would be cool.

Two half hearts would be interesting.
Yes, eschew obfuscation!

(If this message disappears, I will really be upset. I have had several mysteriously vanish. OK, Mystician, stop it!) ;)
It ain't me. I got my own problems.
I seem to get posts where half di
Beating hearts? palpitators! just like we used to have inthe annie's for CPR class to give her dead lifeless husk a pulse.
[b][/b]sappears, then the rest of the post shows up hours later, sometimes even in an entirely different thread.
It's really weird, BL !
Myst, that IS weird. But considering further, maybe not. It sounds like a book: "When Weird Things Happen to Weird People." :bigsmile:

Nal
Myst is a victim of his posting problem. Pull one post, another pops up! If we could only find the string...
LOL !
I think I found the string ..
[img]http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/noose.jpg[/img]
LOL! That was good, Harley!

Myst, the string is good, too, but I still like the twirling tassels and pasties.

Nal
[quote]
On 2006-08-17 12:44, Bill Ligon wrote:
LOL! That was good, Harley!

Myst, the string is good, too, but I still like the twirling tassels and pasties.

Nal
[/quote]

Really ?? I hate pasties, they interfere with the view !! :evilgrin:
Myst,
I just referred to pasties so people would get the image of twirling tassels. I mentioned them (twirling tassels) earlier and it seems nobody knew what I was talking about. Cover-ups are un-American!

Bill
(one of the tassels on the lunatic fringe) :dizzy:
I LIKE that noose! I'm supposed to swing from the world's largest gallows, at the end of Sept., so the noose is relevant. I'm all choked up, thinking about it.

I've worked with some tassel twirlers. It seems to me, that you can better tell where the motion is, with tassels as extensions. And it was just another item to come off.
Of course, tassels should be on Chinese Sticks, but the combination of these two things would be awesome!.
Oh, boy, a great new version! Combine the Chinese sticks with the twirling tassels. How about the Chinese t*ts?

Bill
And here I was thinkin' it would be cool if I could make the shrunken heads look like the b-day child......
You could, though it would be a lot of work, unless you're familiar with molding and casting processes. Then, it'd be a little less work.

You could use generic doll heads? And then the presentation becomes one where one head has an idea, and the others respond. All the kids would end up thinking they could read minds...
How about two separate gallows ?
As you pull the rope down on one to tie a noose, the rope on the other gallows shortens...

;)
That's funny!

Unfortunately, I just get noosed, hauled up 100", dropped into a swing, and survive. I might have my hands tied behind my back, and when they cut me down, the tie is in front.

Maybe if you pull one arm, the other gets shorter.
Oops, typo, that should be 100 feet.