(Close Window)
Topic: Secret Warehouse
If an image has influence my way to do bizarre magic, it's the last one in the first opus of Indiana Jones: The Governement Secret Warehouse where the Ark of Covenant will be hidden. But what's in the other crates ?

The blueprints of a working Time Machine by H.G.Wells, Martian war machines, the Nautilus, the skull of a T-Rex with a huge bullet hole, the diaries of Marylin Monroe – on the last page (dated 4th of August 1962) she wrote: “Tonight I’ll try Chanel 6", the Necronomicon and some kind of black and gold Rubik’s Cube, the contract between David Copperfield and Claudia Schiffer, a gold ring (some weird inscriptions appear when heated), A large stone tablet, reconstructed from pieces, with writing on it. ( It is Hebrew and has Commandments 11 through 17), Jimmy Hoffa, a small bottle inscribed “Drink me”, a black lunar monolith, a bottle filled with some ki!nd of remedy by Dr Griffin, a map to Midian, a purse containing 2 oboles from Orpheus, one glass slipper, a full collection of Magic Books from Prospero’s Island – one of them is “Nixon’s Magic Manuscript”, one cyanide laden apple with a bite taken out of it, several beans with amazing growth potential, 90 yards of golden blonde hair, 3 pieces of violet Crystal – one of them resonate with the tune of a flute, bacon from Circe’s Island, a hunting bow with the crest of Count Zaroff, the other glove of Michael Jackson, a pizza with traces of turtle teeth in it, a huge magazine of Celesteville with a pamphlet against rhinoceros, a gigantic tooth from Skull Island, a hollow Kryptonic meteorite with a cradle inside, a de Lorean with a note: “don’t drive faster than 88 mph”, Robbie the Robot, very old boat nails from Mount Ararat, a sample of Hitchikers’Guide to the Galaxy dedicated by Obi Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker, a golden apple with an inscription “to the fairest of them all”, various batmobiles, pieces from a red Plymouth Fury 1958, the fossil of a dodo with a watermelon, a golem from Prague (the letter aleph has been erased), a box containing a cat that’s at the same time alive and dead with a vial of poison, Amelia Earhart's flight jacket, a box full of scrolls - written in Aramaic. Box says "Gnostic revised.", a four person yellow submarine, a basket containing : a cake, a little pot of butter and a 357 magnum with silver bullets …
Oh, how I would love to get into that warehouse! Curator, your thinking never ceases to amaze me! That is the stuff of dreams.

Naljorpa
... I've always wanted a Batcave and/or Fortress of Solitude.... as well as a Night gallery (seriously) - hence why my own home office is overflowing with magic books and paraphenalia :P to my wife's chagrin
I came accross this a while back, and the Curator's post reminded me of it.
It's a fun read and a good "Warehouse" for ideas.
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/x-files/warehouse.html
Gwyd
Funny, some similar ideas (but that's logical).
Honestly, I like your version better. The writing is more coherent.
Gwyd
I like this personal idea of a gigantic crocodile and a small display with some remains found in his stomach: a hook and an alarm clock.
Or a pack of seven small size condoms.
[quote]
On 2006-08-10 11:21, The Curator wrote:
I like this personal idea of a gigantic crocodile and a small display with some remains found in his stomach: a hook and an alarm clock.
Or a pack of seven small size condoms.
[/quote]

LOL! I can't stand much more!
My buddy ben and I built a secret room in his basement. Behind a book shelf no less. It operated on hinges and could only be activated by remote keyless entry. Some of us never grow up.
You want 'Warehouse 23', a roleplaying game resource book from Steve Jackson games, available here:

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/warehouse23/

It talks about dozens of very strange items in the warehouse, including the Ark, the Grail, the Crystal Skull, and many more.

There's also an online server that will present a new weird item every time you click the 'Open Another Box' link:

http://www.warehouse23.com/basement/box/
You should also watch the movie [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412915/]The Librarian[/url]... The 'library' might not be a secret government warehouse, but it's the next best thing. It contains the Ark of the Covenant, Pandora's Box, the Golden Goose, a fragment of the Spear of Destiny, and many other treasures. :)
I wish I could do a 3D rendered walkthrough of the warehouse with hotspots to open each box. But it's been 3 years since I've touched Lightwave. Probably only the people reading this post would truely get a kick out of it.

Sorry, I'll get back to the basement with the candlebra.
The warehouse you described sounded familiar, I thought that I had been there before and seen these exhibits-
But Then I hit "red Plymouth Fury 1958"
'58? Nah totally different place from the one I was at.
Pat
In the Vatican's Vaults: a terrestrial globe dating the XIIIth century, a 2000 years old mummy officially identified as Iesu the Nazorean, a she angel in a cage...
"Iesu the Nazorean"

this name remember me of someone but who ?
I'll give you a clue:
Iesu the Nazorean - tasty falafels, fresh fish and bread ...
Sounds like someone who used to work in a kebab store :P
[quote]
On 2006-08-11 02:09, The Curator wrote:
In the Vatican's Vaults: a terrestrial globe dating the XIIIth century, a 2000 years old mummy officially identified as Iesu the Nazorean, a she angel in a cage...
[/quote]

Oh, delicious! Wouldn't that second one throw a monkey wrench into the works of the DaVinci Code folks? Not to mention a bunch of other people with large organizations, such as the Vatican itself!

Curator, your imagination is awsome!

Naljorpa
[quote]
On 2006-08-10 17:37, airship wrote:
You want 'Warehouse 23', a roleplaying game resource book from Steve Jackson games, available here:[/quote]Ken Hite, who writes for the same people, is a legitimately excellent writer about this kind of weirdness.
[quote]
On 2006-08-11 08:27, The Curator wrote:
Iesu the Nazorean[/quote]I believe his undecayed body (see [url=http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18276/18276.txt]James Anthony Froude's essay 'The Philosophy of Christianity'[/url]) is held in the vaults of the Vatican.
"I believe his undecayed body (see James Anthony Froude's essay 'The Philosophy of Christianity') is held in the vaults of the Vatican."

Hmm, that's a new one to me. Interesting suggestion.

Naljorpa
Samone

Use your highschool Latin...

Tony
As Froude (one of the pre-eminent Victorian essayists, a mainstream establishment figure) explained it in 1851, Christ introduced to the world a new kind of matter, physical yet perfect and incorruptible, and this redemption was passed, of course, to his disciples by his blood and flesh. The essay struck me forcibly when I read it at university.

That shot in [i]Raiders[/i], I think, gives it an amazing closing weight which alchemizes wonderfully with the film's picaresque adventure.
An envelope full of photos with the word "Coddington" written on the envelope, The Loch-Nar, The Star of Asteroth on a ribbon wound tightly around a bedknob, A ping pong ball with the number "628" stamped upon it, An Adamentium-fused skeleton with three very long metal claws attached to each wrist, One mechanical arm made of a metal of undetermined origin, The dried remains of a curious fly with a white head, a Zuni Warrior doll with a gold chain carefully and permanently affixed to it, a very large metal hand and a shotgun both stored in the trunk of a pink cadillac...

I like this game, Curator! I also can't wait for a certain book to be available...

Chris
An original Chucky doll, with some severe scarring...and a feminine one with a voice just like Meg Tilly's.
This is fun, please don't stop. The first post alone took me some time to read because my mind would wonder off thinking of the possibilities at each new item.
GOD, ER I MEAN, LUCIFER IM LOST...
A huge boulder with a sword stuck in it. Kid next door named Arthur keeps sneaking in, pulling the sword out and playing with it. Nobody else seems to be able to make it budge. (wonder what made me think of that?)

Judge Crater's body.
A toy box containing: a space marine, a cowboy and a lot of Barbies with the mention: Do not disturb; a full indulgence from Pie XII to Hitler; a French-English-Belgian-Klingon dictionnary written by Jean Claude Vandam;...
A cyclone generating machine with a sign stating; GATEWAY to OZ. Next to the is a VIal with the words DRINK ME inscribed on it, next to this vial is a box with a cake inside the box also bears a message stating: EAT ME...

Who can over look the carved sand stone statue of a sphinx. No matter where you move, the head seems to follow you!

Ah a box of old polaroids of now declassified stealth air craft dating from the early 40's and 50's...
ULTIMATE DISCOVERY UNDER THE CAKE MENTIONED ABOVE: An ellusive manuscript covered in dust the title can't be made out, but the name BABA and Dede Nibo definitely can be seen through the cob webs. <-- I always wondered if that book was a myth....

Perhaps the curator of this warehouse should be the even more ellusive Bob Cassidy. Perhaps this is where my e-books are!
Diving goggles, yellow (inscribed in black waterproof marker, "P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney"); one pair of red sequined slippers bearing a trace of monkey fur; candy whistle (manufacturer: Scrumptious); multicolored candy in glassine envelope with pencilled note, "Fix dessert" (manufacturer: Wonka); child's sled inscribed "Rosebud"; portrait of D. Gray, artist unknown....
Wile E. Coyote's PK magic kit for close-up (i.e. that giant electronmagnetic built into the majority of his cave that accidenly brings an ICBM crashing down at him... beware, M5 users as a warning)....

A library section with the notebook of Griffin's Invisibility Forumula, Frankenstein's journals, Jekyll's lab book, Herbert West's files, etc.
Small display of the skeletal remains of a tiny winged female. The bones of her hand forever clutch tightly two cloth bags. One bag filled with thousands of children's teeth, the other bag heavy with a variety of coins.
A small tape casette with the Missing 18 Minutes.

The remains of Jimmy Hoffa.
An ancient bronze sword with the word "scalpel" inscribed on the blade, and the tattered remains of some kind of grey clothing.
Sealed photo envelope of proof photos with the name "R. Masters" and "Do not Open" stamped upon it, Will written by Marvin Acme in invisible ink, Box containing a glove with six fingers a black leather mask and an apparantly empty but corked bottle marked "DANGER: IOCANE," pieces of amber containing very large mosquitos, simple black box that has a knob on the inside as if it were meant to be pulled closed by a hand from the inside, silver surfboard

Chris
Hey Bill - you were reading my Reading recommendations, weren't you? What about Fafhrd?!?
I didn't realize it, but I suppose your mention of Fritz Leiber did trigger that response. The Grey Mouser stories have always been special to me. I suppose now I'll have to conjure up Ningauble of the Thousand Eyes or Sheelba of the Eyeless Face! Or was that the other way around?

Bill
All the documents tossed into the Memory Hole.

The Pied Piper's flute... oh, wait... I think that's at the NSA now... they're collecting samples of the sound and reverse-engineering the construction.

That shark tooth Hooper dropped in the first [i]Jaws[/i].

An air-tight, vacuum-sealed container with the remains of Humpty Dumpty.
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Aug 15, 2006 05:32PM)
Elvis Presley in the secret penthouse suite.

In the catacombs under the Vatican: The skeletons of Adam and Eve, both with equal numbers of ribs.
Let's not forgot the secret contents of Al Capone's vault that Geraldo could not find.
[quote]
On 2006-08-15 18:32, Autumn Morning Star wrote:
Elvis Presley in the secret penthouse suite.

In the catacombs under the Vatican: The skeletons of Adam and Eve, both with equal numbers of ribs.
[/quote]

HAH! Beautiful!
In the Vatican vaults: 2 mummies (male and female) of humans without a navel.
In the NASA Vaults: the Answer to "message to extraterrestrials" and the evidence that Spock is NOT an actor.
The curator to the NASA vault is an overly annoying little hairy fur ball named alf.
In the bowels of the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia:

Marilyn Manson's extra ribs, the remains of the Pop Rocks and Coca Cola product w/ packaging associated with killing Mikey, one Tingler, collection of probes and implants of a non-terrestrial origin

Chris
In a jar of alcohol: two "puppet master" alien creatures. Also, one crushed Jurassic butterfly surrounded by a strange ribbed pattern in which some claim to see the letters "N*k*".
One purported "Voodoo box" and contents believed to have once belonged to the ancient 21st century magus, Gede Nibo.
Various keys: one from the XVth century that soaks blood if you open a certain door, a skeleton key giving acces to a hoodoo room, keys to the Kingdom, a winged key (with a broken wing), a set of 3 keys (terror, hate, destruction) you usually trade for a ist rune, a small key on a very high table (you're too small to reach it), a Monkey, ...
They all rotate in the palm of your hand.
Hmm, a missing 1/4 inch, the body of a giant cockroach with an apple in it's back, a pocket watch filled with jam, a silver key, the rest of Thing's body, Rabbi Loew's personal notes, a golden fleece (recently bronzed), a lance and bowl, a "Mighty Hammer" (not Thor's), an Orin inscribed with a small book, a bundle of 12 leafy rods, a lantern with a single burning coal inside, a well pecked eye, three pomegranate seeds, a strange clock with too many hands that don't move according to time, a box containing a mirror, beads and a sword, a cup of forgetful tea, the book "Aristotle On Comedy", a small Persian rug (held down by lead weights), an eye from the great colossus, a Japanese blade folded 200 times, a jar of dragon-bone dust, a bent sonic screwdriver, a phial from the fountain of youth, a blue rose, two pennies (Off the Dead Man's Eyes), Cyrano's magnet and metal plate, the cabinet of Dr. Caligari with a robot woman from Metropolis inside, an autographed painting of Saint Germain and a strange picture of an old Sir Issac Newton that resembles a woman...hmmm
Jeb, While I'm only getting about half the references you're making, I can't help but think this would make the most wonderful sideshow exhibit, ala Mr. Dark.

Raven
In a secret room inside the Vatican archives: Mary Magdalene's marriage license.
Mark,

And we could invite the rest of the Autumn People to run the Carnival. It's too bad it's no longer October.

Jeb
[quote]
On 2007-11-21 11:03, George Ledo wrote:
In a secret room inside the Vatican archives: Mary Magdalene's marriage license.
[/quote]

Hah!
Apples from Summersisle, a clockwork orange, a Greek Theban jar containing 5 drakon teeth and a stone, a piece of red coral labeled "Medusa blood", a clay tablet with "instructions 11 to 15", ...
What a great thread this is!
Okay, so here’s a bit of revisionist history with some creative license induced by a Taco Bell lunch.

There’s a secret vault in the Vatican archives that contains a page torn out of the official proceeding of the first Council Of Nicaea, convened by Emperor Constantine I in 325. That page was placed in the vault by two Dominican monks in the 1400’s.

The page, which contains the minutes of a meeting held three days before the end of the Council, tells of a certain Bishop Konniver of Lederhosen (who was known as a trouble maker), who had asked the Emperor to request the Jerusalem census documents from three hundred years previously. In the documents, the bishop found the record of a certain carpenter and traveling preacher who was married to the former Mary Magdalene and had twin boys. The carpenter’s name was cut out of the page, but the bishop’s arguments left no doubt as to who he was.

According to the minutes, this then resulted in a lengthy and heated debate. In fact, people were talking and yelling so fast and loud that the keeper of the minutes couldn’t write it all down, so he resorted to just writing down “Yadda yadda yadda,” which was the current expression for a whole lot of nothing. In the end, the other bishops decided to go outside and burn the page from the census so it would never be seen again. But, while it was burning, two bishops came over and threw Konniver into the flames too, making him the first person executed by the Church for heresy.

Eleven centuries later, the two Dominican monks found the page while browsing in the scriptorium and thought burning a heretic was a great idea. So they decided to cut out the page and hide it, and to write a book about the process.

Their names were Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger.

It just amazes me how full of BS I can be when I put my mind to it... :)
[quote]
On 2007-11-21 02:01, The Curator wrote:
Various keys: one from the XVth century that soaks blood if you open a certain door, a skeleton key giving acces to a hoodoo room, keys to the Kingdom, a winged key (with a broken wing), a set of 3 keys (terror, hate, destruction) you usually trade for a ist rune, a small key on a very high table (you're too small to reach it), a Monkey, ...
They all rotate in the palm of your hand.
[/quote]

Several large key chains and one very large key resembling a skeleton key that is hundreds of times larger than the key chains. It is so large, in fact, that it almost takes two hands to hold it and it looks like it is actually meant to be weilded as a weapon (like a sword) rather than to open or lock doors.

And strangely enough, a locked box with no keyholes. The box is sealed with looks like spider webbing and is labeled "Sam's Soul." The box is hidden within a hollowed-out copy of A FAREWELL TO ARMS with a bookplate on the cover that says "B. Campbell, Briscoe County Library."

Chris
I also found keys to a windmill with the name "Don" inscribed on the fob.

Chris
Buckaroo Bonzai's overthruster!!
The Missing eye of Baba Jaga.
An old Typewriter that looks odly like an insect.
A gun made of bones.
A small pouch full of sand and a weird helmet.
An origami unicorn, made of white paper.
A strange huge egg. On the top, theres a big hole, that looks like something had broken out of it.

And my favorite:
A small black voicerecorder, all the recordings start with: "Diane..."
[quote]
On 2007-11-21 12:36, Bill Ligon wrote:
What a great thread this is!
[/quote]

A true big warehouse this thread!
Ben Stiler's "Day at the secret warehouse" (" Night At The Museum 2").
The proof to the Riemann Hypothesis.
A Sasquatch (or Yeti) skeleton.
The confessions of JFK’s true assassins.

But most importantly… a hand-written document signed by Franco Harris answering once and for all the mystery of the immaculate reception.
What about a theme park: Let's say "Spyland"!

http://www.spyland-international.com/en/spyland_en.htm

"To discover the secret history of History."
A body wrapped in funeral garb with an obviously broken neck and a bag with 30 peices of silver.
The old janitor pushes wisps of dust down narrow aisles made by crates of every size and shape. Odd coffins, each containing dormant secrets, covered by layers of antiquity upon antiquity. Age upon age. They are like a thousand beating hearts, throbbing softly in the quiet darkness. Breathing, heaving in their hibernating sleep like so many ancient beasts in winter. They are the past possessions of kings and paupers. Wizards and demons. Angels and gods.

He dares not touch the splintered wood or dip his hand into the dark gaps between the slats. He knows all too well what teeth that darkness hides. But this night seems different. The silence of the warehouse speaks to him with the murmurs of Trojan horses and long-caged souls.

One crate sticks out more than the rest. Perhaps it is a recent requisition, or a careless shift made during the day. He fears the crate may have edged out on its own, or that the others may have pushed it forward.

The nails are loose. The slats have all but pried themselves open and before he realizes what he’s done, the lid is off, the wiry stuffing hanging over the sides like the entrails of a gutted animal. He pulls a tiny phial from the center of the padding, eyeing its silvery content with wonder and fear. “Somnium”, it reads. A dream? But what dream does it contain?

Even as he thinks the word, the cork is pulled, the cryptic odor tugging at his mouth. A tilt of his head, a tip of the phial and a single drop trickles to his core. The darkness is darker, the silence softer and the concrete floor a feather bed. He drifts off, sinking deeper into sleep. He dreams of dust and age. The air is thick and silent and he pushes a broom through narrow aisles of a quiet warehouse…
...He looks down upon the pile on the floor and noticed a card face down in the dust. He picks up the card and wonders where it may have come from. As he turns the card over and looks for a dim bit of light to his surprise he finds it an Ace of Spades, the Death Card. The antique design on the card is nothing he has seen before. As he blows the dust off of it and holds up to the light he suddenly jumps back into the shadows and drops the card in disbelief at what he has found. Trembling he moves his hands back toward the dimly casting beam of light to find fresh blood upon his finger tips. He rubs his fingers together as he leans upon the broom handle, clutching it as if trying to steady himself. He quickly turns as he hears something behind him in the darkness of the warehouse...
While sweeping he wonders why was this warehouse built here, why this spot so remote so isolated?

Moving some crates in a remote part of the warehouse that have not been moved in many many years he notices a door, it has no lock but there is a very forboding sign on the door in large red letters "Do not enter". The door is not very formidable looking, just a large old wooden door with a simple latch. He muses, if that is not an invitation, it might as well say "open me now".

He moves toward the door puts his ear to it and hears the deafening sound of silence. This must be some sort of joke. He reaches out, puts his hand on the latch and pushes it down. It moves easily, invitingly as if well oiled. Oh so easy.

He pushes the door in, but realizes that it opens outward. The thought runs through his mind that all fire exit doors exit outward to escape when in a panic. Just a silly thought. He slowly pulls the door open. Only to see an entracne to what appears to be a cave of some sort with an inscription over it...has to get closer to read it, while written in rather large letters they seem to make no sense. Moving closer in order to read the inscription he now reads it "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"
Speaking about Secret Warehouse, let's go back to the classics...
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html?showVideo=1
There used to be a website (I tried looking for it- but no go) called the warehouse or the secret warehouse, and you pushed a button and it described one of the exhibits.
The list was seemingly endless, and you could add your own exhibits to it. Many of them the same flavor as the ones described here, although obscurity had it's own clique.
It's been several years since I've had the link (computers and favorite lists come and go...)
If it's still around, and you should find it, have fun and let me know.
I think this is what you're thinking of, Pat:

http://www.goodmagic.com/links/warehs/index.htm

It's part of Ross MacRae's site. He's a member here.
All I see are a list of exhibits. Is there any way ro get inside?

Bill
Actually no, but now that you mention it, I think there's another version of this around where you can. I'll do some looking around. I should have it saved somewhere. . . cross your fingers.
Well, there's this one:

http://www.warehouse23.com/basement/

But I don't think that's the good one either.
Bingo Mark,
warehouse 23- that's the one.
You have to hit the button a lot to find some of the good ones. And I think you would have trouble hitting as many good ones as the Curator posted, but that is definitely the site I remember.
I've been searching for an hour. No proton packs or flux capacitors??

Bummer
Jeb Sherrill, Bizarrist, Aces Over, nice story "clips", now who will drop in a paragraph continuing the story... How long can it go, where will it end? The unspoken questions seemed to echo down the corridors, unheeded as the the janitor swept, small drops of blood staining the handle of the broom...
I almost forgot an alethiometer, a very sharp knife and an amber spyglass.
A feline smile without a cat, a hat with an inscription: in this style 10/6 and some empty tea cups, a snark, empty oyster shells, broken fragments of a huge egg, a lot of very mimsy borogoves...
The remains of a Jabberwocky and a very rotten and awfully smelling potato.
A largely annoted version of Holy Blood Holy Grail with the name of the authors erased and replaced by Dan Brown...
A shot glass that smells like gunpowder.

The breifcase from Pulp Fiction.

A grue.
[quote]
On 2008-05-14 14:07, The Curator wrote:
A largely annoted version of Holy Blood Holy Grail with the name of the authors erased and replaced by Dan Brown...
[/quote]

BWA HA HA HA HA HA
[quote]
On 2008-05-14 14:07, The Curator wrote:
[/quote]
ROTFLMAO! :) :) :) Love it Curator!
A handwritten manuscript dating from the 16th century, the title page reads "Love's Labour's Won by Christoper Marlowe;" A Large Globe with the name plate C. Forte which opens down the equator to show a map of the cities on the inside of the globe; a motorcycle jacket with the words "angel" painted across the back; a partial skeleton of a bird with one wing measuring 25 feet long; a brass oil lamp desperately in need of a polish; a shopping bag full of unpublished ernest hemingway short stories; a wax cylinder recording of Voltaire reading poetry made by Benjamin Franklin in 1778; an 8mm film showing adolf hitler running out a back entrance of a hidden bunker and almost making it to a waiting panzer when he is gunned down by a man in a black fedora overcoat and long red scarf wielding duel .45 caliber hand guns; a carpet that doesn't quite touch the floor beneath it; a pair of blood red ballet shoes with dark brown stains; the frozen body of a young girl holding an empty match box.
A mummified cat killed by curiosity.
Stark's Cats Gnaw Curiosity's Bones
So I have this friend who is working on something that is related to the SW:

http://www.museumofmythology.com

He has amassed quite a bit as far as display items go and is working toward the land/building deal for the museum. He "officially" trotted out some of the display items two weeks ago for the first time.

Chris
A battered leather envelope stamped in gold [b]Higley Expedition 1942[/b] containing three postcards with images of shrunken heads.
Chris, that's cool!

Bill
We'll see how cool it really looks by 2010 (scheduled opening), but having seen some of the props and displays firsthand, I can pretty much say that I'm going to want to be there for Grand Opening.

Chris
All the missing socks from the dryers of the world.
A bird as big as a battle ship.
A 3 1/4 inch computer disk that, when inserted into a computer, will display on the screen a never-ending list of humorous and interesting objects, keeping the user so occupied with reading them that he or she does not notice the strange and muffled noises in the next room.
How about:-

A blue glass jar containing the rainbow body of the Buddha.

A dried sample of unicorn pooh wraped in purple silk (add some long white horse hairs for authenticity).

The ear wax of a blue whale. (not sure about that one!)
Just seen Indiana Jones 4. Funny, but no more than the 3 first ones. They miss a lot of referential opportunities (and fun) in the Secret Warehouse.
The forensic anthropologist faced with a skull reconstruction form burned fragments that upon attempted reconstruction fails to conform to normative assembly. Burning his psyche and brain with a reality that defys his logic and training forcing him to conclusions that tho logical torment him with a irrational reality. The division twisting him between reality and his inability to accept of the what faces him. Does he continue the process again and again- who to tell- how can he justify what he''s done who will believe - does he believe- its been unlooked at - untouched for 50 years - unlabeled just a map point and date listed. Is it reality - dream or fiction ........
A nice link.

http://www.twilightzonemuseum.com/media/props/index.php
I just bump this topic.
It may be a ressource for Silvertongue.
The "Real Magick" thread from the Café
Has anyone else seen Warehouse 13 on the Syfy channel? At their Warehouse, among other items, they house Houdini's Wallet. The pilot episode was so so, but filled with interesting magical plot ideas. Might be worth checking out if you can.
This thread was started in 2006 by the Curator. I think there's a strong lineage to where this thread started, where it went, where its going, and what that show stands for.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers of that show stumbled upon our little abode here and took inspiration from the Good Curator's fun.

Hats off to you, Curator.

***He even called himself a "kind of....Curator" in the show!!! WHAT!?!****
Love the steampunk gear.
There is a museum exhibit with Hollywood costumes at our MAC museum right now.
Among the items on display are Indiana Jones' jacket, whip, the holy grail, and that staff of ra headpiece.
Harrison Ford wears a tiny little jacket. Hollywood people must be like pygmies of some sort...
There was a good scene in one of the early Batman movies where he was in a thieves den and it had the arms of Venus de Milo, the cement foundation block holding Jimmy Hoffa, amounst other very interesting items.
Raiders of the Lost Ark, with its famous warehouse, came out in 1981. As far as I know, that's the earliest origin of the concept. Steve Jackson Games' GURPS: Warehouse 23 gamebook came out in 1997. I suspect that's where the new TV show got its title.
It seems to me to be a logical extension of old time filing systems where you'd have basements full of file cabinets that can't nobody remeber what all is in there.
Many museums keep things stored in basement vaults too. There's a special section under the MAC like this.
Also reminiscent of the section of Miskatonic where they keep the Necronomicon.
Just remember to say "Klatuu Verata Nickle."
Don't forget "Friday the 13th the series"

It also was a "collection" that two individuals went out to bring back to store safely

Barney
John Wayne's "swagger."
James Dean's "cool."

A gallon jug of "that certain je ne sais quoi."
[quote]
On 2009-07-14 16:55, critter wrote:
It seems to me to be a logical extension of old time filing systems where you'd have basements full of file cabinets that can't nobody remeber what all is in there.
Many museums keep things stored in basement vaults too. There's a special section under the MAC like this.
Also reminiscent of the section of Miskatonic where they keep the Necronomicon.
Just remember to say "Klatuu Verata Nickle."
[/quote]

Because if you say the three words any other way, you have to pay George Lucas a dollar!

Chris
According to my old stand up routine, there was a Three Stooges version of The Day the Earth Stood Still. Curly - or one of them - gets the words wrong. He turns to the menacing Gort and says "Kla'atu Nicto . . . Enema!" From there the story takes a very different turn . . .
brane
The missing lion's share. White gold ring with Note saying touch me not. M. Jacksons Missing glove. Peg Entwisted name, filed under H, in the index catalog. Two perfectly formed heals dripping river water. Girdle of Hippolyta with a few golden apples lying close by. Pile of feather held together with wax. A rather small building, in a large box, which looked as if someone had just left. A sexy skeleton singing “happy birthday” , but was sorry about the gift.

Rusty
I came across the pilot episode of "Warehouse 13" a few days ago and decided to check it out after reading what was written here. I am now hooked.
That means you are all enablers.
Just caught up on the episodes of "Warehouse 13" that I'd DVR'd; most recent one had people who were suddenly giving in to their deepest inhibitions. One of the items brought into the agents' search was, of all things, Dunninger's pocket watch!!

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I'm hooked on this one. Got several ideas myself, all inspired by this show.

Rick
I watched the episode called "Resonance". It mentions someone living in Fultondale Alabama. I knew strange music had been playing next door and I had a feeling of being loved but.........

Where am I ? What am I doing here? Who are you?

Who am I?
I just watch the entire first season. The Warehouse looks like my home :)
List of artifacts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifacts_and_gadgets_from_Warehouse_13
I wonder when season 2 will start?
A pencil sketch by Basil Hallward, that seems more and more corrupt every day; a strange Monkey's paw - you wish you know what to do with; ...