(Close Window)
Topic: McCombical Prediction
Great trick. You cannot do it one on one because it tricks the spectator and the audience in a very unique way. If you see it at your local magic shop, BUY IT!
I saw a demo and I agree. Routine can be funny too, when the person "freely" selects the card.
I use this in my stand up and it goes over great. I also have a version done with comic book covers for kid shows. Magician in trouble always works.
You can get it [url=http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=1341]Here[/url] at a great price...
It has been a masterpiece for more than 30 years. It can be in a repertoire of professional.

Hideo Kato
Yes, it's a masterpiece of magical entertainment.
I do it using cellphane gaff from Amondo Vera.
I use a 1 way deck with 1 DF on bottom.
Cards is picked from middle, from face down deck then placed facedown on top of face up deck then a DL showns the indifferent card.
The name changing on the case is an extra nice too. I also have 1 spectator read the instructions and another be volunteer.
This effect gets great reactions and of course gives you a valid reason to get another deck :)
In the right hands, this trick KILLS!
I have a jumbo Bicycle version of it I have used for decades.

It's a great investment.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Mark Wilson has a great handling on his business card video called "Out to Lunch With Billy McComb". It uses the McCombical deck in conjunction with business cards and the pretense that you're going to "teach how to do a trick".
I've been doing an ungimmicked version that I came up with, for a few months. Works great with a poker deck!