(Close Window)
Topic: Baba's Vodou Diviner's box...have a look....
HAIL!

I just wanted to give my fellow bizarrists a chance to look and see this beautiful old Vodou Diviner's box. I have had this for some time, and alas, time to let it go so I may move onto other vibrations...I have collected quite a few of these over the years, and this is one of my favorites for sure. SOme burnt in the fire, but the rest were (luckily) in storage at Granny's.

anyhow, something just told me to let you all know, so mote it be. PM me if interested...first come...

Baba
....shoot, I thought I could attach pics...well PM me for them, or someone show me how....I know ive seen pics on this place before..

Baba
Heres one pic...
And another:

comes with :

A jar of bones, gravedirts, herbs etc.

An old deck of cards from at least the 60's

a small bell

an old crucifix

a small bottle with (holy) water, and a dolls arm inside

a small bone handled sacrificial knife

a sturdy and old cigar box adorned with catholic lithos...
Top cover...
Emptied box...
Very nice.
NicE!
Very nice, Baba!
Thanks for Posting that Baba. Very nice indeed.

Peace
John
Thanx fellas

its now on hold to a very Ancient and Respected Elder of our true and right angle of the Craft (sorry, getting ready to go to the Lodge :)).

I am welling with tears at letting this go--but it WILL make a cameo in my book...

Light

Baba
You brought that to the convention in PA last year, didn't you ?
Same one ?
Are you going with a different box, or foregoing boxes alltogether ?
Peace, er I mean bloddy war Mystician!

Yep that's the one brother...its weird, Baba just decided to shed...I will always employ boxes or other suitable keepers of my Craft, but just wanted to share this piece of hsitory with fellow brethren who would otherwise have a hard time coming 'cross such rare oddities...unless your name is CURATOR :) who is known to mame and torture crypt keepers for their herilooms :)

been getting tons of inquires, and ill keep you al informed...

Light,

Baba
Great material !:)
Do you have any "zombi powder " in the box ??
No, no Zombi powder, BUT look for my Zombi Powder effect in my Book...its based on the ol' acid test...

anyhow fellas, the box is SOLD...to a noble and worthy mage...it feels very good to pass this along to a fellow magician indeed...

I have more, perhaps ill post them in the future as my mid life crisis progresses:)

Light

Baba
The box was nice but when is that book going to be on my book shelf ???

All bow to Baba

http://www.shades-of-magick.com
That's a really nice one. Thanks for sharing.
Baba:

Thanks for sharing the images of this wonderful box. It looks like it was a true labor of love to put it together.

Dave
No no, it is genuine--it was really used by some ol' Hoodooer in New Orleans more than 60 yrs ago...I aquired it from an fellow Spirit worker some 6yrs ago...

you see, each of the object represent a different Spirit, or Loa as they are called in Vodou....from what the elder did tell me, the reading would progress as such: the reader would put an object in front of the client, and then lay a card down and read it--the message from the playing card would come from whatever spirit object was in front of the client at the said time--then, the object would be put aside, and the next one brought out, until the reading was done. they would be able to find out what spirit "owns" the clients head, and who to make offerings to etc...

Light

Baba

Rev., Master Palmer etal....thanx my good Mage...
Baba The Doktor has PM'ed you HARD BABY!

H D X!
Hello everybody!

This marvelous box and all the objects just arrived today and the photos hardly do it justice. There are some really big vibrations on these objects. I could never make anything like this. It's the real deal.

I hope that I will grow into this very fine piece and become worthy of it.

All hail Baba!

Yours,

Paul
Good sale, Baba!

This has gone to one of few people who are worthy to be possessed by it!
Looks great thanks
It's a nice routine, if not a little lethargic, but it seems like the death angle is just tacked-on in hopes of stirring up a little controversy. It's barely mentioned and far from integral. But nice job on the video editing, audio, and title sequence. Done a lot better than most.
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 23:43, Gordon wrote:
It's a nice routine, if not a little lethargic, but it seems like the death angle is just tacked-on in hopes of stirring up a little controversy. It's barely mentioned and far from integral. But nice job on the video editing, audio, and title sequence. Done a lot better than most.
[/quote]

:huh:
Crossed thread ?
[quote]
On 2006-08-22 23:43, Gordon wrote:
[/quote]

WHAT THE *%^$#!....
Huh?
I double that HUH