(Close Window)
Topic: Where to learn cash manipulation
Can some one help me by letting me know which books/video tapes teaches a lot of tricks using cash money?
One of my favorite bill productions is called the Osaka Bill Production. I can't remember the gent who put it out but is a a very nice repeated production of bills at the fingertips. It was the only trick on the vid but worth the money. I use it constantly.

It is also the method I use for flash card restorations!!
Burt,
I appreciate your support. I may also need you in the future for your wonderful advise.
Abracadabra :bunny:
Get a copy of Magic of Faucett Ross by Lewis Ganson. There is a whole section of manipulations with dollar bills in there.
Marty
Hey Marty,

After your posting, I tried looking for the book over the internet. It is tough to find new. I will call a few places on Monday to find out who has it brand new. Thank you for you support.

Have a very Merry Christmas. :xmastree:
Jahn Gallo's The Osaka Bills Video
Go to magicsmith.com to see a demo on this video.

I hope this helps
Thank you wikiro. That was nice of you. I promise I will help you too.

Happy Hoilidays. :cuteangel:
never heard of bill minipulation sounds cool.
I have also heard that if you take fake bills and back them up with playingcards, it adds enough strength that you can backpalm and manipiulate them fairly well. I have never really played around with this too much, but it might be worth experimenting with.
I know Jeff McBride did a whole routine like this in a competition when he was a teenager. I got to play around with the bills at his house.
What was special with McBride's bills Zombieboy?
Did McBride prepare his bills differently? Any tidbits on that?
The Osaka bills by Jahn Gallo ( from Sweden )is great. Resets in an instant and plays big packs small. There are no gimmicked bills, I'v seen Jahn do this with borrowed bills to great sucsess.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono:
Is the efect you mention more of a trick or is it more of manipulation of dollar bills much like you would see McBriude do on stage with cards?

I am curious as I am more interested in learning actual stage manipulation of bills and currency as if you were producing and vanishing bills much like you would card manipulation.

Thanks for any help on this.
I have used the Osaka Bill concept regularly since getting the videotape. However, I donít see it as instant reset (a short reset to be sure but not instant) and I would have to retire to another room to use it with borrowed bills. I havenít thought up an effect that would capitalize on using borrowed bills.

I mainly do a Miserís Dream and fan of bills production using the Osaka Bill methodology.

If you wanted to stiffen your bills to make them handle more like playing cards, simply rubber cement two bills together. It gives the stiffness you are looking for, and doesnít damage the bills in anyway. When they finally get flexible and wrinkled from use you peel them apart and spend them.
Harry:
Thanks for the idea on gluing the bills together. I may try that and see what happens. It seems like a great idea as then you would also be able to fan and show the backs of the bills as well. From audience viewpoint, it would appear normal but allow you some rigidy that you may need for the moves.
McBride took photo copies of credit cards and glued them onto cards. That was kind of interesting. The bills were glued together, i.e. two bills back to back, and he also rigged up some jumbo bills like jumbo caqrd fans, and he had a system where he would backpalm the jumbo bills and produce them singly and in fans.
Zombie:
Thanks so much for the information. That is really fascinating and opens up a lot of doors for creativity. I may have to try a few of these and play around with different methods. Thanks again for sharing.
You are very welcome.
Zombie:
Do you currently use or perform any of these techniques in your current show or act? Have they worked well for you?
I use McBrides jumbo bill system for jumbo cards in my manipulation act. It works great and is a showstopper for the right crowd. I got a chance to use the bills and credit cards while visiting Jeff, but I don't use them in my act, because I already have a perfectly good card routine, and bills just wouldn't fit my character.
Zombie:
Thanks for letting me know this information. I will be sure to check and try them out. I can totally understand about character and making sure that what you put into your show makes sense to the character.
Cool! I have only used cards in the past. Looks like this opened up a new door of ideas and variety in my act!
The Osaka bills toke Jahn about 10-20sec, I gues, from that he had the bills in his hands (borrowed)untill he could do the production. I think this is prity instant reset.
It is a multiplication of bills that can be used on stage but will work close up.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono:
Thanks for the information. i will have to keep my eyes open for this. I have never seen it, but it looks like everyone here says it is a great effect.

Hope to see some of you in Vegas for the SAM convention.
[quote]
On 2003-06-30 09:40, magic4u02 wrote:
I am curious as I am more interested in learning actual stage manipulation of bills and currency as if you were producing and vanishing bills much like you would card manipulation.

Thanks for any help on this.
[/quote]
Update us on how you have doing with your bill manipulation.
I have adapted concepts and played around with a few things. I have not yet placed it into any acts or rotuines yet as I am stillworking out sequences and studying moves and such. Then I need to think of creative uses for what I have learned. I am the type where I do not place anythign into the show unless it is creative, fits our personality and styleon stage and is as practiced and rehearsed as I can get it. Lately I have been studying Cyril's routine on the French TV show where he does billmanipulation and Osaka Bill moves. Very nice movement and poetic in the way it is structured. It fascinates me for sure.

Kyle
"Excersise yourself daily with creativity." (Did I say it right?) :)
You said it very well my friend. If you want to be a creative thinker in magic or to be more creative with your magic you must exercise your mind. One thing I talk about in mylecture are simple techniques and things I do to train myself to constantly think in creative states.

One idea I will share with you is what I refer to as an idea journal. This is a concept derived frommy art school days and I continue to do it to this day. It is an easy idea and one that is not new at all. However, I find it is new to a lot of magicians.

The concept is to simply carry with you and keep with you a blank journal. It can be any size or format. Just something that works best for you and that you can easily and freely get to it and write ideas down. You then must have these everywhere you go.

For myself, I keep on at home in my office and one by the bed. I keep a small one in my truck and one at work. This way whenever an idea pops into my head I immediately write it down. Do not hinder yourself with common creatvity pitfalls. That is 1) thinking your ideas is ridiculous 2) that it is not fleshed out enough and 3) that you have no idea how to accomlish it.

The goal is "free thinking". In free thinking there is no boundaries and there are no rules. You break down the barriers that hold you back. Any idea is a good idea and that needs to be written down by you.

It has often been said that the reason you write thoughts down is that there is power in the process. When you write ideas in your creativity jorunals, you are basically planting a seed in your mind. This seed can grow. It tells the mind and teaches it that it is ok to open the mind up to receiving these kinds of creative thought.

Get yourself into the habit of having creativity journals and use them often. write down the thought when it comes to you no matter how silly it may seem to you at the time. Remember their are no rules and you are not being judged or graded on what you write in it. The power again is in the process of doing. You willsoon realize that the moreyou do this, the more easily it becomes for you.

Like any exercise, the moreyou do, the better you get ands the stronger you become. Think of the creativity journal as an exercise of the mind. It builds up the mind and makes it stronger.

Try it out and I promise you that if you do this daily for 30 days you will be simply amazed at the ideas you are generating. You will be amazed at what your own mind can generate if you train it.

Hope this helps. It is just one tip and topic I cover in my lecture and it is my hopes that it helpspeople toelarn their is power in creativity and that every single person can do it.

Kyle
Thank you. I learned something today.
You are most welcome my friend. My pleasure. It really has helped me to be a better thinker and come up with more creative routines. I hope ti may help you and others as well.

Kyle