|Topic: Ground Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING|
Ground Rules for the You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... Forum:
Since its inception, this forum has developed a few points that have become either redundant or areas that are prone to very heated debate. Because of this, several members and, finally, Management, prevailed upon me to put together a set of ground rules for this forum to help everyone, newcomers and those of us who have been here for a while, from becoming too heated in our discussions. Some of these are guidelines, others are NOT negotiable and have been noted as such.
1) PLEASE read the section of the Café's Rules and Etiquette policies and the Café's Some posting guidelines....
They all apply here.
2) No ARGUMENTS ABOUT THE "REALITY" OF HYPNOSIS, please. Hypnosis, AS A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT, is most certainly REAL as many of the participants in this forum actively practice this form of theater to earn their livings. Any arguments as to whether hypnosis is "real" or not are best left to other forums outside of the Café'. In deference to the members who are practicing professional stage hypnotists in this forum, please refrain from starting any threads about whether hypnosis is "real" or not. Any posts on this topic will be deleted starting now. This is NOT negotiable.
3) Discussion of training in hypnosis has been covered repeatedly. Please use the "Search" function and review some of the threads before asking basic questions like "where can I go to get trained," or "how do I become a stage hypnotist?" There is already a lot of material available. Here are some links for you:
4) Personal attacks (flaming). Regardless what you might have heard (or know) about a member or non-member, personal attacks are simply against Café' policy. Please refrain from making them. While it is a fine line between a review of someone's show that may not have been very good to a personal attack, there IS a line and, if you are not sure about where it is, either ask a Moderator or other Staff member BEFORE posting your comment, or simply phrase your comment in a way that reflects on the show, not on the performer. Posts that contain flames and personal attacks will be either edited or deleted by the Staff and, if repeated, other, more serious actions may be taken by Management (NOT the Moderator) against the offending Member.
5) We are also not here to debate whether hypnosis should be restricted for use only by licensed medical/psychological and other health care professionals except to discuss any legislations that might effect us as entertainers. And posts that attempt to start such a debate will be deleted immediately. This is NOT negotiable.
Pretty simple, really. Be nice, don't flame others, look at some of the history of the forum if you need to and go with the premise that hypnosis exists as a form of entertainment, which is how we will agree to deal with it in this forum.
Staff Member With help from Steve Brooks