(Close Window)
Topic: Razor eating/needle eating
I was wondering if anyone can point me out to a safe (but dangerous looking) way to do the swallowing needle and having them come out on a string effect.
There are many versions of thies effect.

you can look at the book "device and illusion" by jim steinmeyer.
the basic method is in tarbell Vol. 4. both razors and needles.

there are many handlings out there, some are terrible so beware before spending money.

I personally don't like the versions involving wallets or large stage props, my humble opinion.

I like Helter skelter by Bizarro for razors. I like razors better then needles, again my opinion.

this is a great trick, but it's tiptoeing on the line of being overdone. if you spend some time on this (its worthy of your time) you could raise the bar for all of us. be creative and please let us know when you've got something.

does anyone know Tellers needle version?
Hey you can check out a great contempory version of this effect on my show....made specifically for a music video...

http://www.podfeed.net/podcast/Lumacast+Sleight/7164

it's episode 7
Take a look at Tomas Medina's Geek Magic DVD - it has a pretty darn good razor blades swallowing effect.
Terri Rogers has an interesting method in one of her books that is quite safe, and comparatively easy to do.
[quote]
On 2006-08-29 22:01, evolve629 wrote:
Take a look at Tomas Medina's Geek Magic DVD - it has a pretty darn good razor blades swallowing effect.
[/quote]

I second that.
What do you guys think is the best needle swallowing effect?? I don't plan on carrying razors with me.
Collectors workshop has a walk around needle swallowing effect. Resets almost instantly and comes with several effects using the needle case that makes it all possible. All you have to do is give them an email and I am sure they can help you out.
Do you think you can give me a direct link to their site?
So what would the cleanest version be? I like this trick an to be honest I don't know exactly how it works. Walk around an reset fast would be best.
I think Teller's needle swallowing is the best to date. Too bad that will never be released to the magic community.
Mmm thanks, but that doesn't help much? Any familiar with the Milton Kort version, printed dint he book by Minch?
Definitely 'Helter Skleter' - cheap and stuffed full of ideas.
I use a magnetic thumb tip, ordinary wine glass and diet coke (I mean to say, 'full fat' coke is just far too dangerous). Oh and Bizarro's 'Lemon juice' gag is worth the (low) price of manuscript alone! :-o
The Dayton Razor Blade Miracle, is a No SWitch method in which your mouth is clean at start and finish. The blades shown and seemingly swallowed, are the same blades removed threaded. It is available from Leaping Lizards Magic.
See banner for same, here on the Café'.
I will check those out. thanks!

_
S
_