(Close Window)
Topic: Temple Screen
Message: Posted by: Marvello (Aug 28, 2006 10:17PM)
I am tired of my old temple screen and want to snazz it up a bit & use it in my act again. I am going to either cover mine or rebuild one from scratch. What type of tape should I use to tape it together? Cloth Book binding tape? If so - what width and where can I get it for cheap? The 1.5 and 2 inch rolls I found are around $30 each - hopefully I can find some for a better price. I am sure I am not the first one to do this, so any tips or ideas will be appreciated.
Message: Posted by: Michael Baker (Aug 28, 2006 11:48PM)
2" gaffer's tape.
Message: Posted by: Marvello (Aug 29, 2006 07:14AM)
Message: Posted by: magicmarkdaniel (Aug 30, 2006 10:46AM)
Just to add that I have used Gaffa tape in similar applications and there are a few different gaffa tapes out there brandwise. The best for 'stickability' I have found is TickiTape. It doesn't peel like others do.

Message: Posted by: George Ledo (Aug 30, 2006 02:45PM)
Gaffer's tape is a good solution. Just be aware that there's a difference between duct tape and gaffer's tape, and that your local store clerk may not know this. The difference is in the backing material and the adhesive. Real gaffer's tape, made for use in the theater and movies, is very very durable and has a very strong adhesive. Duct tapes vary in quality.
Message: Posted by: Marvello (Aug 30, 2006 03:13PM)
I found some high quality 2 inch gaffers tape at a local theatrical lighting store, and it works great.
Message: Posted by: magicmarkdaniel (Aug 30, 2006 05:15PM)
Its strange that gaffa tape, which is supposed to be removable without trace, is usually stronger than duct tape which is supposed to be a permanent solution.