(Close Window)
Topic: Texas Chainsaw Masscre: The Beginning
Hey I just came back from watching it. GREAT film, gorry and I was surprised at how visual it was compared to other movies. This is like the First one (2003 version) but different actors and just a little bit different story. Girl tries to save friends and all that jazz. I liked it, not the best horror movie yet. Still waiting for that perfect one but pretty good. Sets up the story and everything. Whats your guyz' thoughts?
I can't wait to see this one ...I am a huge Chainsaw fan ... I also liked the 2003 version... R Lee Ermy is great !!!! I'll post after I see it .....
You oughta look at the DVD of the original film - with the commentary.

A buncha broke filmmakers changing horror thrillers forever, fairly high on their craft (among other things) and from the commentary track, they ain't come down yet.
I really want to see the original :)
The original is the best one .... period ! Part 2 is great ...Denis Hopper is wonderful!!!!
Back in 1974 the original freaked a lot of people out.
I'm not a big fan of most remakes but "...the Beginning" looks good. We'll see.
You mean it's not a true story?
[quote]
On 2006-10-09 16:26, GlenD wrote:
[/quote]

I don't think Ed Gein even owned a chainsaw
[quote]
On 2006-10-09 16:26, GlenD wrote:
[/quote]

Nor lived in Texas
Yeah the Chainsaw was just added in for scary effect. Ed Gein was just a old guy that lured in young females and mutilated them. I'm prety sure if you googled him you can find a lot of info on him.
Ed is also the guy they passed Pyscho on. Two very different book/movies. One inspiration.

The final scene of the original 74 texas is amazing. JUST GET IN THE *** TRUCK A DRIVE THE HELL AWAY! GO! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The remake was pretty stock standard stuff. A bit like the remake of The Hills Have Eyes.
Ok, I watched the original...pretty darn good :) I wonder what happened to that biggish trucker guy at the end. It was funny, the trick did a half donut or whatever to stop for the girl and the guy just kept running!!