(Close Window)
Topic: Sparkle Paper?
Message: Posted by: T.House (Oct 25, 2006 11:41AM)

I am not sure where to post this, but I thought this might be appropriate. Does anyone know where to obtain the Sparkle Paper that is used to cover some magic props, like the Laflin Dump Box?


Message: Posted by: Regan (Oct 25, 2006 11:48AM)
You might try to contact Locke Family Magic. Duane used to sell this at Laflin Magic, so maybe it is still available.

Good luck!

Message: Posted by: boppies2 (Oct 25, 2006 02:32PM)
In addition, you might try a craft store like Michael's . I got some there last year.
Message: Posted by: Ron Reid (Oct 25, 2006 02:44PM)
Hi Bruce:

One more option might be to contact Marty at Dazzling Magic. I think they cover their own Crystal Silk Cylinders with sparkle paper. Perhaps they will sell you some - actually, I think it's more like prism paper.


Message: Posted by: Payne (Oct 25, 2006 03:24PM)
Try a big craft store or an auto detailers. I've never actually looked fopr the stuff and always pull it off any prop I've ever owned that had it on it. After all te disco age is long over and there's no reason to usr props that look so horribly out of date.
Message: Posted by: Regan (Oct 26, 2006 06:43AM)
Payne reminded me of something. You can get it at an auto-sign maker shop. They have it in rolls and it comes in lot's of colors.
Message: Posted by: macmagic (Oct 27, 2006 06:00AM)
I got a 3 pack of different colors at staples, they were selling it for kids to use as book covers!
Message: Posted by: T.House (Oct 27, 2006 03:23PM)
Hi to all, and a big thanks.

I did contact Lock Family Magic, and received this reply:

"It is called mylar or prism paper. You can generally find it in art
supply or paper supply stores. You may also want to try JoAnn's, Hobby
Lobby, Michael's, etc. Please let me know if I can be of any further

Thank you,
Rebecca Lock"