(Close Window)
Topic: Tannen's *original* Glass Gone
Hello,
I've been looking for ages for an item long out of production: Tannen's original version of Glass Gone. This was, I think, part of Jim Herpick's Mechanical Magic series. -- Liquid is poured from a silver pitcher-like object into a glass, which is then covered with a close-fitting cylinder half as tall as the glass. The top half of the glass is seen protruding from the cylinder. The cylinder with glass is then covered with a silk, which is then smashed down and pulled through the cylinder. No more glass. Does anyone have one of these they'd part with?
Thanks.
Alan
Doug lyden used to have one knocking around, but he hasn't visited the Café in a very long time
Alan

It looks like you may not have found what you're looking for--I do have a spare gimmicked cylinder (only)--you would need to locate a metal mixer container, the lining and the proper size glass.

If this'll help, please PM me for the outlandish selling price.

Julie :)
I believe I have what you are looking for, but unfortunately I am a collector myself and I only allow myself to give up items when I have duplicates. I know several sources that might be able to find one. I will advise you if I have any success.