(Close Window)
Topic: The 'truth' about everything.
This is a presentation angle. There's probably a disturbing amount of truth in it too.

If I was rich, bored and idle, with a contempt for the little people whom I looked down on, from my lofty perch, and if I had a sociopathic nature, with a diabolical sense of mischief then...

Throughout history, ultra secret societies of such men and women, have messed with all our minds, to amuse their decadent selves. Religious visions appeared on lonely hillsides to peasant children. Statues bled and wept. In the nineteenth century, they startled many an innocent into believing that she/he had special powers. In the first half of the 20th century, they infiltrated Universities, and had great fun having the parapsychologists running round in circles.

In the latter half of the 20th century, they have amused themselves with UFOs. Lights HAVE been seen the sky, and strange craft HAVE landed. They've just been pilotted by oil barons and their spotty children. In the 1960's the criminal element 'upped the ante' with abductions and probes. The date rape drug, Rohypnol, left many people vunerable to sexual assault perpetrated by the wealthy in masks and costumes. Strange devices have been implanted. Terrible things have happened, and been hazily remembered. And those involved think this is a hoot. At the moment, they are satisfying many of their perverse urges by rectally coring cattle. But who knows where they'll strike next?

There's a character in all of this, for us bizarrists. Reinterpret much of the world's strangeness in this way, and chuck in some conspiracy theories, and you become a renegade hero, fighting the REAL forces of darkness. Take your findings back to the major religions of the world, and you'll really upset people. What else could we do with this basic premise? Any ideas you'd like to share?

Incidentally, although I have no evidence of such a conspiracy, (so if any of you out there are thinking of wiping me out like all the others who've stumbled onto this, there's really no need), it would be hard to imagine that terrible crimes have not been committed under such camouflage. Some people are like that. And that IS frightening.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
I certainly HOPE there is a massive conspiracy out there, run by the Mafia, the Catholic Church, the oil barons, anybody!
I would hate to think that all this is running along by itself!
:lol:
The whole planet runs like a well-oiled machine... unforturnately, the instructions clearly stated "do not oil." :rotf:
Greg
Caleb... I feel that I have to warn you...
Wait, what's that... who's there? ...

dlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Dec 30, 2002 11:54PM)
Another good place to explore. This goes back to Borges 'uqbar, tlon, orbis tertris' and H. P. Lovecraft's 'Old Ones' and such. These forces have been with is in literature for generations. Why not bring them into performances. bravo!