(Close Window)
Topic: Production parasols
Hi

I am using production parasols for many years.
I am usually produce 2-4 parasol using body loud.
I am looking to add a production table that I will be able to produce some more umbrellas for large stage show.
There are two models on the market - Mikame Production Table ($650) and Okito Three Screen Production ($475).
Does any one familiar with another version or maybe instruction to build such a table?
Both of the tables you mentioned have a limited length of parasol that can be fit in them.

How are you planning to produce the parasols? If you are using silks as a cover or for a steal. there are lots of options available to you.

Richard
Yes it will probably will be with silks, streamer etc.
I would make an X table and wtill a bag load off hte front.

Richard
This is an option but I like better that you can turn around the table as you can do in the above versions.
What's an X table?
Or the Temple Screen method would work, just in a larger scale.
Paul
I use the Okito Three Screen combined with the Magic Hands Parasols from silk. I make the silks appear from the screens and then the parasols appear from the silks. Richard is right, you have to be carefuil of the length of the parasols. I wanted to switch from the Magic Hands version to the one Richard Hughes makes because his parasols are all diffrerent which makes for a better presentation. Unfortunately they were too long for the Okito Three Screens.
Do you have a large Okito Three Screen, a one that's stand on wheels?
Did you build it or where can I get one?
I do not want the basic one but a large one that can stand by its own.
I have a large one on wheels. I bought here:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4728

I really like it. I just wish I could get the Hughes Parasols in there. :)
The x table can be turned around with some simple modification with fabric or silk to hide the load. It packs flat and small.

The X table is two pieces of plywood that are notched to slip in between each other so when you look at it from the top it looks like an X Then a table top is hinge pinned on top. It is an old idea but still very useful.

Richard
I think you can use any table for production parasols. If the parasol is in a sl****, that keeps it closed until produced, all you need is good misdirection. I produce 3 parasols from my table. They are la**** right on t** of my table. There is a small piece of wood that rises a 1/2 " above the rest of the table that covers the parsol loa**.
You can make a tall square/square production table fairly easily. Mount it on table legs so your assistant can wheel it on and off the stage. I own one of these that Mak Magic used to make and they work beautifully for umbrella productions. I can easily fit a large number of production items from the table and then finish off by producing another 12 parasols.

Kent
Thanks Ket, I will look into it.