(Close Window)
Topic: Is the interior of the funhouse covered in fabric?
I'm just curious if the interior of the funhouse is covered in fabric, like the interior of the ABC gumball recombobulator? I am working on a prop (this is actually used as a lead-in to the chicken sword - completely different from the funhouse, but there is a flap), and am wondering if I want to go to the trouble of covering the interior with a suede like material. I think this would probably help with the deceptiveness, but it is quite a bit more work and expense. Thanks -

Bill
Hi Bill, I'm not sure if the funhouse has a fabric inside or not, but you did answer your own question. It would definately be more deceptive with a black felt or suede like material since the fabric blocks all glares etc from light. It is non-reflective so depth perception is altered when using the fabric on the inside of props such as a square circle, doves to rabbit, blammo box etc etc. The other bonus is that the just a painted inside can get scratched etc, and would need touch ups from time to time, a fabric inside would be pretty much maintence free if glued down properly. I think the extra time and expense would far out-weigh the cons if you didn't.

Peter.
Peter - Thanks for the info. Since I have already invested a lot of time developing the idea and working on the prototype, I won't skimp at the last minute. One never regrets doing something well...
Does anyone have recommendations on what type of glue to use for gluing fabric to a plastic substrate?
Try 3M "77" spray adhesive. I have used this many times with excellent results.

Amos McCormick