(Close Window)
Topic: Complete Works of Jean Eugene Robert Houdin
Ok, it's in french but it's worth to learn to read French to discover for first time complete works of the Father of Magic !

Available Nov 19th at Omnibus publisher

Une vie d’artiste, confidences d’un prestidigitateur • Comment on devient sorcier : les secrets de la prestidigitation et de la magie • L’Art de gagner à tous les jeux, les Tricheries des Grecs dévoilées • Magie et physique amusante • Le Prieuré, organisations mystérieuses pour le confort et l’agrément d’une demeure
Préface de Francis Lacassin
Documents / Essais
2-258-07081-3 - 26 Euros - 992 pages
Ahhh! For those who don't read French they have just released, from Todd Karr, The Essential Robert-Houdin. You get all the major writtings of Houdin with notes from Todd. I'm almost done with reading it (650 pages)and will do a review at that time. Excellent material and one of the few 'must haves' for the serious magician and magical history buff.
Steve V
Who is Houdin?
LOL!Great one Bill.I think he's the guy who was the master of escapology in the time of the Inquisition.Also exposed fraudulant mediums in the Catholic Church.
Hang on... I think that's the wrong one!
AJ
Just to offer some clarification; the correct surname is not Houdin, but Robert-Houdin. His full name was Jean-Eugene Robert-Houdin.

Regards,
Darcy