(Close Window)
Topic: Interesting Zig Zag
http://www.ketnet.be/nt/html/shoot/uitdaging.shtml

Not the best presentation in the world (Hey it is a teen show), but I do like the "blades".

Mike
I thought it was a great idea - theming, presentation, and climax.

Amos McCormick
I agree .... Great idea with lot's of potential. Presentation was a bit unemotional and flat.

Dan.
Two thumbs up for the art director!
The presentation and the look of the box I really like. However as with most illusions having an assistant who has not fully rehearsed the presentation can lead to some issues.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Nov 11, 2006 10:41PM)
I'd have never thought that anyone could bring a fresh, new perspective on such an overdone illusion, but this was very nice!
I like the presentation idea, but that also leads to a big problem.

The red colouring and lack of black on the edges misses the big point of "masking" depth. It wasn't as convincing without it. Design-wise it was also missing the corner masks. Those telephone books could've been used for that, but they were not.
I thought it was great to see somebody "update" a "classic" illusion. I really liked the idea, but (and you knew that was coming) for me, the box itself was a little too "busy". For me, I almost lost sight of the assistant in all the decoration on the front of the box. That may have to do with, as mrbill said above, the lack of black which could not only help mask the depth of the box but tone down the color on the front as well.
But, like I said, I loved the fresh idea and using "street signs" as blades.....very creative!