(Close Window)
Topic: Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch
MJM Magic will have this in December.

Go here for a video clip:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/assassins-pouch-p-3616.html
"Wear it on your belt OR clipped to the belt loop of your pans with the black aluminum carabineer clip OR even just keep the pouch in your case so all your favorite magic and mentalist props are perfectly organized for the next impromptu performance.

With a total of five custom-designed pockets, you'll be amazed by just how much stuff you can carry in the Assassin's Pouch. At the same time, you'll be freeing up your pants and jacket pockets for even more stuff!"
____

What's everyone think? I use The Pro Carrier by Joshua Jay myself. Is this an improvement?

As a side note, Jay didn't do any antics on the video demo. I'm gussing, he reads the Cafť comments and is listening.

Chris
Looks interesting...I do need something to hold my little peices of magic for easy access, and I love the TT holder w/ ITR possibilities! I haven't seen the Pro Carrier, is there a link?
Adam
[quote]
On 2006-11-16 23:45, baskitboy5 wrote:
Looks interesting...I do need something to hold my little peices of magic for easy access, and I love the TT holder w/ ITR possibilities! I haven't seen the Pro Carrier, is there a link?
Adam
[/quote]

Here's a video demo of the Pro Carrier:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1422

I like it because there's a pocket, with a window, for your business card.
As with most "puches", I don't like the look of it. There's something more organic about working from your pockets. Maybe it's because I associate pouches with those things that tourists wear. People think magic is geeky enough. I don't need to wear a pouch to make myself come across any more geeky.
When I wore my calculator on my belt in my youth, people called me a geek. Now it is fashionable for magicians to wear a similar item? What's next, the pocket protector card index?

Tony
I think the TT slot and the eyelid hole for IT are quite smart addition to a pouch! Only from the mind of Jay Sankey.
I use Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier, but it's under my jacket.

As far as pouches go, buskers use them and considering Gazzo's income, he must be doing something right;-)
I have Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier, but it's a drawer somewhere.

I agree with Cameron that using your pockets looks more professional. I keep my TT in my pocket and never have to worry if the $100 falls out... 'cause if it does, it stays in my pocket.

Rick
Hey, Rick!!! Hope all has been great with you.

Rick, did you ever try out the Pro Carrier? It's small and is quite convenient for some extra's and it's hidden nicely with a jacket ( they never see it ).

Chris
Hi Chris,

Things are well, thank you for asking.

The only time I've ever used it is in the summer and I'm out & about, without a jacket (and usually a T-shirt).

I like it and would never part with it, but would never use it when doing paid performances (ie: corporate, pubs & restaurants, etc)

It's perfect for when I'm booked to perform at a poolside event, where wearing a suit is out-of-place.

I can see the Sankey pouch being handy if you use an I.T. (but I don't use one).

Rick
I was half joking. I personally wouldn't use a pouch simply because it doesn't fit my style. If I performed on the streets, I probably would use one as it would be quite convenient to hold magic and tips without a jacket.

The pro carrier looks a little different, though. It looks like something that you could slip into your jacket pocket or put on you belt buckle. I have considered getting that for management purposes.
Message: Posted by: Gilgamesh_The_Librarian (Nov 19, 2006 02:52PM)
Looks like a nice neat way of carrying around a few effects. Jacket pockets can get a bit "baggy" after a while.
Depends on how much you carry.
The pro carrier case is very nice and has a better look than the assassin's pouch but the assassin's pouch can carry more items. it doesn't just hold coins and 2 decks of cards, it carries a TT and/or ITR. I don't know if it carries both but you get the idea. if I were doing my usual walk around gigs, I'd probably wear some sort of pouch to add a touch of professionalism (like the ad said) but if I were to do a street performance then I wouldn't use any pouches of any sort. that's just my opinion.
There is another option now with the "Strolling Pouch" from Frank at the Ambitious Card. I don't own one but I do have a number of Frank's other leather products and they are all excellent. I'm sure this item is excellent as well.
[quote]
On 2006-11-29 12:28, Mitch Schneiter wrote:
There is another option now with the "Strolling Pouch" from Frank at the Ambitious Card. I don't own one but I do have a number of Frank's other leather products and they are all excellent. I'm sure this item is excellent as well.
[/quote]

Frank's may be a quality product, but you will lose that ultra-sweet coin-ditch feature and dedicated Sharpie holster :kermit:
I think this is great.and for the price of only $20 it is fantstic!that coin vanisher and thumb tip holder with the thread reel thing is great.
I ordered it just for the fun of it... :)

I've used the Pro-Carrier for a long time but found that the clue keeps coming off... so I have to keep fixing it. Otherwise this is a smart looking case.

I much prefer to have a pouch hidden under my jacket than have a jacket that is warped because of full pockets.

Cheers

Ola
I have the Sankey pouch, thank goodness Sankey finally has a winner after soooooooooooooooooooooooo many duds lately.
This is without a doubt one of Sankey's best releases. He's been holding it back for years....until now.

Vanish a coin...Boom. Make something float...Boom. Pull out a deck of cards...Boom.

This is an honest to goodness utility device that is one of Jay's top 3 all time favourites.

That's why I'm steering clear.
It's just a bag. A very useful bag if you don't have other means to carry your stuff already. It is actually better than the Joshua Jay bag as it has more room and is more casual looking hanging off a belt loop.
I ordered Sankey's Assassin's Pouch from MJM Magic as soon as it was available. I've worn it every day since it arrived; including in church this morning! Overall, it's certainly a useful item.

I was expecting something a little thicker in material and was hoping the two front pockets would be a little larger. The bottom one expands a bit due to the way it's made; but the top one...not so much. I've got a couple of coins in the top one and I don't see me being able to fit much else in there. Right now I've got one deck of cards in the large pocket, a 6 inch silk, a 9 inch silk, 2 different types of Hot Rods, a couple of packet tricks, a magnet on the bottom for vanishing the "special" coins I'm keeping in that top outside pocket and a little ziplock bag that holds my psychic color sticks trick. I've been using the Assassin's pouch in conjunction with another little nylon zipper pouch I bought at Wal-Mart for less than $4 and that zips closed and snaps onto my belt; so I've been changing the contents back and forth between the two and adding stuff to the Assasin's Pouch I normally don't carry...just to test what works best.

I haven't actually used the Sharpie holder to hold a marker. I've been clipping my Boa Coin Bender in that spot. I do a lot of TT work, so I absolutely LOVE the easy-access TT pocket. ...But after having had the pouch about a week now, I've got one complaint. It's black. ...Which goes with everything and is great. BUT...it's cotton. Which means they died it black. And so, the black dye has gotten on the TT that I've been keeping in that pocket. The in and out friction of stealing and ditching the TT in that pocket has rubbed the ink right onto the TT and, so far, it isn't coming off the TT as easily as it apparently comes off the pouch's fabric. And that is a major deal with me. I stopped keeping my TTs in my jean pockets because the ink from my jeans would stain the TT. Now I've got a pouch with a specially-made pocket for the TT that works GREAT and it, too, dyes my TT. Bummer.

The promo pictures, (and the picture on the packaging), has a tan or at least a khaki-colored pouch. I bought two of these pouches. I'll use both...but for the sake of my TTs, I'd sure like to trade one of my black pouches for one of those tan ones!!
Wonder if it is washable? Perhaps, then, it is good advice to run it through a cycle or two to help keep it from bleeding onto your props?
I just purchased this with a "standard" ITR. I don't see how this works withthat device. The standard itr IS LONGER THAN THE POUCH. What size itr "SHOULD" BE USED?

Thanks All & Happy Holidays

Chris
[quote]
On 2006-12-13 14:22, Tophie wrote:
I just purchased this with a "standard" ITR. I don't see how this works withthat device. The standard itr IS LONGER THAN THE POUCH. What size itr "SHOULD" BE USED?

Chris

[/quote]

I like the idea of the IT feature but what I could not understand is how you actually use it. As pictured, the IT opening is towards the rear of the pouch is it not? That seems backwards to me since you will be doing your IT work with the IT in front of you. But maybe, coming out the back is the correct way in that the hole is "hidden" and, I guess, all you have to do is just have the IT do a "180" as you pull it out and it will now be in front of you. I dunno. It still seems backwards.

Although I wouldn't want to use the pouch, one thing I do like about it is the fact that it [i]forces[/i] you into doing some serious thinking about prop management [i]and[/i] it [i]forces[/i] you to try to get multiple uses out of each thing that you do carry in the pouch. Those two things, in themselves, are good things.

Just, IMHO.

Mike
[quote]
On 2006-12-13 14:55, Turk wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-12-13 14:22, Tophie wrote:

Chris

[/quote]

I like the idea of the IT feature but what I could not understand is how you actually use it. As pictured, the IT opening is towards the rear of the pouch is it not? That seems backwards to me since you will be doing your IT work with the IT in front of you. But maybe, coming out the back is the correct way in that the hole is "hidden" and, I guess, all you have to do is just have the IT do a "180" as you pull it out and it will now be in front of you. I dunno. It still seems backwards.

Although I wouldn't want to use the pouch, one thing I do like about it is the fact that it [i]forces[/i] you into doing some serious thinking about prop management [i]and[/i] it [i]forces[/i] you to try to get multiple uses out of each thing that you do carry in the pouch. Those two things, in themselves, are good things.

Just, IMHO.

Mike
[/quote]

Mike, I notcied the video has him wearing the pouch on the right side, with the IT opening in the rear. If you wore it on the left side, it would be coming out the front ( I think ).

I agree about it getting you top think about prop managemnet.

Chris
Here's a first rate review:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=188106&forum=218
Can the Joshua Jay Pro Carrier carry one deck and 6 color changing knives? My Sankey pouch fell apart at the zipper. Loved the pouch until it fell apart. What a piece of crap!
All right I just have to say this,why does it look like a fanty pack?
It doesn't really, though. Traditional fanny packs look a bit different. Haven't purchased this, though, as I really don't think I'd use it.
I hate to say this, but it is a fanny pack and I am not thinking it looks professional. I ended up going with the high caliber holster, which has served me well. The best quality, best service and more than you could ever ask for! You really get what you want because these are custom made to order. Here is a link to a previous thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=161323&forum=113&11
I agree with sickmagic - the first time I saw this I immediately thought that it looked highly unprofessional. I'm a big fan of Sankey and own almost everything he has released, but this one I shall pass up. Just use pocket management like everyone else. I own Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier which came out maybe a year ago and is very similar in concept to Sankey's Assassin Pouch, but I never use it - and the Pro Carrier actually looks somewhat professional.
Sorry guys, excuse my ignorance but what is a "Fanny pack"

Although I rarely use it, I prefer the joshua jay pro carrier. To be honest I think although these are sometimes a must, I think pulling things out your pockets is better. I keep my gimmicked coins in a real mans coin wallet and a memory card case.
'Fanny Pack' is the American phrase for 'Bum Bag'.
Well, I've been carrying this for a few weeks. Even just when I'm out running errands. I wear a jacket ( Jeff McBride says always dress like you have somewhere important to go ) so itís concealed under that.

Iíd use this without a jacket. Itís black, small and with all the junk people have on their belts these days ( cell phones, black berryís, etc. ) it would go unnoticed. It goes on the belt ( the aluminum carabineer clip hanging from a belt loop would look stupid ).

The TT holder works well. The steal is quite easy. The main area, which I keep a certain deck for Sankeyís Black pool effect and a rope, handles both. I don't close the zipper, so I haven't encountered a problem with it. It has two pockets. One I use for c/s/b and the other for 4 halves and a **ell for Shadow coins and Turtle coins.

I have it set up so the bottom can be used to ditch my Atomic Bills gaff.

I like this. I think itís functional and handles the job. Is it better than J.J.ís Pro Case? Itís different and I will now use them both.

This does free up pockets for more material.
[quote]
On 2007-01-07 16:13, MagicChris wrote:
It goes on the belt ( the aluminum carabineer clip hanging from a belt loop would look stupid ).
[/quote]

HEY!! I resemble that remark!

About 50% of the time, I've got it on the clip. The reason being is that I've got a cell phone on one side of my belt and another small pouch full of magic items that resides on the other side of my belt. I prefer it on the belt because it, as you mentioned, goes virtually unnoticed.

But for me, the steal of the TT is perfect when it is hanging at the angle it does from the clip. By hanging at a slight angle on the clip, and below the belt, my hand never goes into any pockets, near any pockets or up to my belt. I simply and imperceptibly steal the TT. But, except for the additional ease in stealing the TT, I prefer it on the belt. But if I'm carrying the other pouch, I think the Assasin Pouch doesn't look any more stupid hanging there than it looks on my belt. Because when sharing belt space with other another pouch and a phone, I begin to look like a Batman wannabe! Also, my choice of clothing and/or clothing style helps to either concel the Assasin's Pouch while on the clip or make it not be so noticable. I haven't had anyone mention it or ask what it is or why I have it...but the fact that it holds a deck of cards seems to me to be a really good reason to give anyone asking. If you have jeans and no jacket, (I primarily only use the Assasin's Pouch when I have no jacket and am casually dressed); where are ya gonna keep cards? ...In a pouch like this one!

Has your TT turned black around the edges yet? Seems that the action of sliding it in and out of its pouch has effectively, (and so far, permanently), transferred the dye used on the pouch to my TT. That's a bummer.
Bendy, I appologize for saying it would look stupid as I have no idea how it looks on you or anyone else. In the video demo I thought it looked stupid. Poor choice of a word on my part.

I haven't had any problems with the TT getting black on it.
[quote]
Now I've got a pouch with a specially-made pocket for the TT that works GREAT and it, too, dyes my TT. Bummer.

The promo pictures, (and the picture on the packaging), has a tan or at least a khaki-colored pouch. I bought two of these pouches. I'll use both...but for the sake of my TTs, I'd sure like to trade one of my black pouches for one of those tan ones!!
[/quote]
I read this post before buying an Assassin's Pouch (thanks!) but it seems the Pouches are only available in black. Sure enough, I have the dye issue as well. I tried various approaches to emoving the ink with no success.

Has anyone found a way to take the dye off a thumb tip?

Thanks.
[quote]
The pro carrier looks a little different, though. It looks like something that you could slip into your jacket pocket or put on you belt buckle.
[/quote]

Do you think a business card on the belt looks less strange than the black pouch? Thoughts?
[quote]
I haven't actually used the Sharpie holder to hold a marker. I've been clipping my Boa Coin Bender in that spot. [/quote]

What else are folks putting where the Sharpie is intended? I find it holds a pair of colour-changing knives as well - but this is silly as viewers can;t know there is two knives...

Any suggestions in addition to the bender, which I may pick up?

Thanks.
I think I may get it. It is cheap and will get the job done. I'll share my thoughts if and when it arrives.
I just got one and the center pouch is large enough to hold a few things but I feel like the front pouches are too small to hold more than a couple of coins or maybe Sankey's 3 ring circus. The TT holster is nice as is the Sharpe pouch. I wonder if maybe a similar sized camera bag would do the same thing and maybe hold more.

Yes it's a fanny pack.
I just got the Assassin Pouch yesterday and I like it but have a couple criticisms.

First, I can't believe they didn't make this just slightly bigger as I have a couple packet tricks that I like to carry around and a standard black packet case doesn't fit as they are a little to tall. I guess I could just put the cards in alone but I really wanted to use the packet cases to keep them organized. I also wish the sharpie holder side would hold the markter a little tighter.

Other than those couple criticisms, this is a nice little pouch.

Marc
[quote]
On 2007-01-23 14:31, gobrownstd54 wrote:
First, I can't believe they didn't make this just slightly bigger as I have a couple packet tricks that I like to carry around and a standard black packet case doesn't fit as they are a little to tall.
[/quote]
Agreed 100%. I am now on the lookout for envelopes the size of the one included with Entourage if they exist. They fit nicely, even with two decks also in the AP. No luck finding them however. I'll let you know if I find a source.
[quote]
I am now on the lookout for envelopes the size of the one included with Entourage if they exist. They fit nicely, even with two decks also in the AP. No luck finding them however. I'll let you know if I find a source.
[/quote]
Tony Curtis has Assassin's Pouch-friendly envelopes, see his post here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=194691&forum=113
Here is another review on this item

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=188507&forum=113&post=4872099
[quote]
As pictured, the IT opening is towards the rear of the pouch is it not? That seems backwards to me since you will be doing your IT work with the IT in front of you.
[/quote]

Try the pouch on the left side. Which hand you typically vanish coins from is a factor for placement, as a stated feature of the Pouch is the magnetized bottom.

Speaking of which, has anyone actualy located this 'hidden shelf' for the magnet Jay references in his preview video?

Thanks,
Dave
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 1, 2007 10:37AM)
Does anyone comment about you guys having a big bag on your hip? For me it seems out of place to wear this item. I guess this would be great for performing on the street. I just can't see wearing this at a walk around gig.

I am now working on the first, Magicians Back Pack! Yes, a back pack like the kids wear to school. You can really put your stuff in it. You can load up your magic stuff and still have room for your lunch, car keys, and head twister! ANYWAY, I just think it looks bad having a bag hanging from your person.

If people are bend on having a bag on their hip why not go all the way. Have the bag made larger and not only have it hook to your belt but also use a leg strap that goes around your upper leg? This way the bag is really a good size and secured to your person with two hook up points.

What about wearing a Man Bag? You could really put stuff in that.

Best
Ray
Just a question, this may sound stupid, but with the magnet at the botom of the pouch how excactly do you make a steel coin vanish?
[quote]
Just a question, this may sound stupid, but with the magnet at the botom of the pouch how excactly do you make a steel coin vanish?
[/quote]
The vanish is from the audience perspective only.
Sounds and looks interesting, but still not sold on the look with classy dress.
[quote]
On 2007-02-01 11:37, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Does anyone comment about you guys having a big bag on your hip? For me it seems out of place to wear this item. I guess this would be great for performing on the street. I just can't see wearing this at a walk around gig.bn
[/quote]

It's under my jacket, so it's out of site.
For your consideration - Starbucks 'After Coffee Chewing Gum' tins sold in their coffee shops fit perfectly in the Thumb Tip/ITR area of the Assassin's Pouch. Just grabbed one.

I can't think of what to put in there now that I have the tin and the Pouch...but had to grab it while I saw it.

Let me know if you have ideas. Color-chaning knives fit in the tin but already travel in the Sharpie holder of my pouch.

Dave
[quote]
On 2007-01-23 14:31, gobrownstd54 wrote:
I just got the Assassin Pouch yesterday and I like it but have a couple criticisms.

First, I can't believe they didn't make this just slightly bigger as I have a couple packet tricks that I like to carry around and a standard black packet case doesn't fit as they are a little to tall. I guess I could just put the cards in alone but I really wanted to use the packet cases to keep them organized. I also wish the sharpie holder side would hold the markter a little tighter.

Other than those couple criticisms, this is a nice little pouch.

Marc
[/quote]

I agree with you on the size in regards to the packet tricks. I crammed a packet trick in there with a deck of cards; but it made removing and replacing anything in the pouch less than smooth. One day out with it setup like that and I changed it. It could be a smidge wider and a couple of smidges taller.

The dye on my TT still ticks me off. And I would like the two pockets on the front to be big enough to hold something other than a couple of coins.
[quote]
On 2007-02-01 06:01, dbolan wrote:

...a stated feature of the Pouch is the magnetized bottom.

Speaking of which, has anyone actualy located this 'hidden shelf' for the magnet Jay references in his preview video?

Thanks,
Dave
[/quote]

Actually, there's no "shelf." The bottom is sewn in such a manner that if the pouch is crammed full on the bottom and out on the sides, it will be flat, rather than all pokey-outy. (Sorry for the technical term!) You then place a strong magent on the bottom of the inside of the pouch and you have a flat, magnetic surface to which you can 'vanish' various appropriate items. ...But there's no shelf or secret compartment for the magnet.

...And I think they could've put a little pocket on the inside that you can slide the magnet into. I've thrown a couple of other items into the pouch that were either metal or had metal on them and the magnet stuck to them, rather than stayed at the bottom of the pouch. It's a good idea, but so far, it has not proved to be practical for me. I wear my Black's PK ring and, if necessary, I can just drop it in the pouch. I've stopped carrying a magnet as part of the pouch's items.
Rather than a pouch or a back pack or a fanny pack, you know what would be cool? A magic bandolier!
Pockets that strap across your torso where you can have it behind you or in front of you. Pockets for cards, pockets for Hot Rods and/or paddle tricks. Pockets for TTs. Places for pens, markers, magnets, lighters and other various items used in conjunction with illusions.

You could strap it across your torso - front or back. You could hang it casual over either shoulder. You could carry it around. ...With the right type of strap, you might even be able to adjust it to where it can be worn as a belt/fanny pack.

More room than a fanny pack. No need to bulk up your pockets. Lighter and less bulky than a back pack.

Someone get right on that, will you? ...And give me a huge discount for steering you in the right direction, huh?
Bendy - it is good to see there is someone out there that wants to love the Assassin's Pouch as much as I want to love the Assassin's Pouch.

Too bad it isn't a more mainstream (usability beyiond magic) item or we might see an improved second edition in the future. But I don't think that is in the cards...

Ditto on all your concerns. Not only did I get black dye on a D-Lite but I lost it when I left it on my magic dealer's counter when I in was passing on the dye concern to him so he could pass it on to Jay, who was due there a week later.

But I do love wearing the flawed Pouch a few times a week...the utility far outweights the flaws IMHO.

Dave
[quote]
On 2007-01-22 16:34, mindpirate wrote:...- > snip < -...I wonder if maybe a similar sized camera bag would do the same thing and maybe hold more...[/quote]

Brilliant, MindPirate!!!

I was concerned about the cotton construction, and the post about it falling apart.

Plus, my girlfriend's daughter made a rather rude comment about me looking "FAGGY" with a fanny pack on my belt. I used to wear one for YEARS, and never knew that people were laughing at me! Sheesh!

Now, I went and grabbed my camera bag...I hardly EVER use the camera, so I emptied it out, and WOW!!!! This makes a GREAT "Assassin's Pouch"! All KINDS of pockets and places to put stuff! Even a pocket for my TT! And NO stains, LOL!

Thanks, MindPirate!

Doug
[quote]
Now, I went and grabbed my camera bag...I hardly EVER use the camera, so I emptied it out, and WOW!!!! This makes a GREAT "Assassin's Pouch"! All KINDS of pockets and places to put stuff! Even a pocket for my TT! And NO stains, LOL!
[/quote]
I went to Wal-Mart to look at carry bags - and it is remarkable what's there. Bags intended for memory cards to cell phones to digital cameras to camcorders to SLR cameras to DVD players and on and on. Useless stuff as cheap as $2.74...
In case anyone is interested, here's a link to the pouch I designed
several months ago. There's a 2 pocket model, and an ultra-slim one pocket model.
Both have flat pockets for a lot of utility items. I hope you like it.
They were designed to be worn unnoticed under a jacket to avoid the "fanny pack" look but obviously you can wear it in plain view.

For those of you that have a carl andrews pocket pocket or a klamm pocket organizer, you can use them inside the pouch to organize knives, etc.

if you have any questions, please let me know.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aItem.cfm?itemid=64
And...not a bad PRICE, there, Frank!

Nice!

Doug
Thank you Doug. Apparently I'm being talked into making a very small model but I'm not sure what it will look like yet.
[quote]
...Apparently I'm being talked into making a very small model but I'm not sure what it will look like yet.
[/quote]
Please consider a name on a par with the ridiculous, entertaining and, as mentioned earlier in this thread, obscene-sounding, 'Assassin's Pouch.'
I got my assassin's pouch a few days ago and I really like it. For me it's the perfect size. It holds everything that I need it to quite nicely with room to spare. I prefer to wear it on my belt rather than use the clip because it dosen't "flop" around so much. I've worn it at work for the past few days right next to my cell phone and no one even noticed it. Using this sure does clear up my pockets for "normal" stuff like keys, real money, etc.

Oh, here's a funny story for you guys...

True story. I was at my local quickie mart a few days ago getting some coffee and when paying I forgot I had my bite out quarter in my pocket and accidentally used it along with some other "real" coins to pay for my coffee. I didn't notice until I got home though. Man I was really mad...

The next day when I went to get coffee again and this time used a dollar to get coffee and the cashier gave me my change. As I was walking back to my car I noticed that she had given me my bite out quarter back in the change!!! Is that wild or what?
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 9, 2007 07:38PM)
If that is true - and I have no reason to doubt it - you have experienced a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence. You should consider lottery.
I agree. It was a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. It is kind of hard to believe but it really did happen. I play the lottery every week and haven't won yet but I'm sure glad to have my bite coin back.

It just goes to show that little "miracles" happen when you least expect them...
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 12, 2007 07:30AM)
A magical experience - truly
The Assassin's Pouch is also the perfect smokers companion.

I can fit a pack of fags in the main compartment, a lighter in one of the side pockets and a matchbook in the other pocket (in case the lighter runs out of fuel).

I have placed foil inside the thumbtip holder to act as an 'on the go' ashtray.

The pocket that holds the ITR is also perfect for holding a lit cigarette via the eyehole.

When the smoking ban comes into force in Britain later this year I will once again use it to hold cards, coins, thumtips and ITRs.
I really don't see the need for this thing. What's wrong with a bit of well rehearsed pocket management?
[quote]
I really don't see the need for this thing. What's wrong with a bit of well rehearsed pocket management?
[/quote]
I'm surprised you picked the Magic Accessories section and the Assassin's Pouch thread to read 8^)

Dave
Hello there I picked one up its cool to keep every thing to gether I carry a pack of cards, two dice, thumb tip ,sharpie, coins,

Its great to have it all together in my top pocket so you donít loose any thing also my pocket are free for every day live. Then if the optunity rise magic in pockets every day stuff in pouch and go.

Also I carry all my small bits in it in my case for my street act.

I donít think I would die for one but iam happy with mine its well made and a wallet or a camera pouch made to similar standard is the same cost.
I just received one and there are plusses and minuses. From my perspective it's good, but could have been great with a few additional tweaks. It's good, because as a "impromptu performer" I don't want to always load up my pockets, but is want easy access to some "equipment."

I would really like to see soneome put out a professional use caliber tool. Not taking away from Jay's initial devleopment, I offer the following upgrade suggestions:

- change the top opening (don't know exactly how) so it opens wider for easier access to the inside
- reverse the zipper, so when open, it does not interfere with the TT
- include an inside divider in the main pocket so one side holds a full deck, the the other can hold a second deck, packet tricks, or other cards
- expand the bellows on the front 2 pockets
- provide a belt clip rather than a loop so the pouch can be quickly and easily put on and off

just my $.02
[quote]
I would really like to see soneome put out a professional use caliber tool. Not taking away from Jay's initial devleopment, I offer the following upgrade suggestions:

- change the top opening (don't know exactly how) so it opens wider for easier access to the inside
- include an inside divider in the main pocket so one side holds a full deck, the the other can hold a second deck, packet tricks, or other cards
- provide a belt clip rather than a loop so the pouch can be quickly and easily put on and off

just my $.02
[/quote]

I agree with everything you've posted here. I would like to add two more:

- Provide a "pocket" of sorts on the bottom of the inside of the pouch, where a magnet could be stored without the risk of it moving around and/or becoming attached to something stored in the pouch that may be metal or have metal components.
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black! (Or it could be made of, or lined with, a nylon material so that the color of the fabric won't run. The cotton material it is made of now transfers the dye to the TT far too easily.
[quote]
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black! [/quote]

Has anyone found a good use, other than an ITR, for the thumb tip area as of yet?

As a non-ITR user, I am unsatisfied to-date using this area for all items tried, including a thumb tip (dye transfer), D-lite (dye transfer), short Professor's Nightmare (bulky; weaker effect when ropes too short), Z-Ray Vision (must use part of four pockets), Monte Dominoes (an effect suitable for restrictive venues only) and Disc Escape (heavy, inconsistent effect; must use part of two pockets.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
[/quote]
I like the idea of the IT feature but what I could not understand is how you actually use it. As pictured, the IT opening is towards the rear of the pouch is it not? That seems backwards to me since you will be doing your IT work with the IT in front of you. [/quote]

Try using the Pouch on your left hip instead of your right. If you vanish a coin with your left hand as many right-handers do, this helps with that too.

Dave
Have it, use it and love it!

don't leave home without it!
And now stores such as Staples and Wal-Mart are selling Assassin's Pouch-sized Sharpies. Mini Sharpies they are called - I guess they are trying to pass them off as markers for shorter folks, clearly they are for the Assassin's Pouch.

Dave
[quote]
The pro carrier case is very nice and has a better look than the assassin's pouch but the assassin's pouch can carry more items. [/quote]

Agreed. I just purchased the Pro Carrier via mail order - and already owning an Assassin's Pouch, I am surprised how little the Pro Carrier carries in comparison to the Assassin's Pouch. I knew it was less - but it is very considerably less.

I'll use both - but the Assassin;s Pouch cerainly carries a larger quantity and variety of items.

Dave
I use my AP to keep a mini 'set' in case of emergency. Cards, Inv. Deck, Stargazer, 4 coins, sticky situation, thumbtip and sharpie. 30 + mins from that lot!
[quote]
I like this. I think itís functional and handles the job. Is it better than J.J.ís Pro Case? Itís different and I will now use them both.
[/quote]

Agreed. I have had both for a while now and now use both. I do like the sturdiness of the Pro Carrier. I guess it is a tradeoff between sturdiness and flexibility.

Dave
[quote]
Has anyone found a good use, other than an ITR, for the thumb tip area as of yet?

As a non-ITR user, I am unsatisfied to-date using this area for all items tried, including a thumb tip (dye transfer), D-lite (dye transfer), short Professor's Nightmare (bulky; weaker effect when ropes too short), Z-Ray Vision (must use part of four pockets), Monte Dominoes (an effect suitable for restrictive venues only) and Disc Escape (heavy, inconsistent effect; must use part of two pockets.)[/quote]

Any good solutions for something nifty to carry in the thumb tip pocket of the Assassin's Pouch?

Thanks.
I own the pro carrier and am disapointed at how tiny it is. the front slot barely fits a business card, and it can only hold 1 deck, if you want it to catch the velcro. I ordered the assassin's pouch last week, and it should be here soon. ill post a video review comparing the 2 ASAP.

PS.
this is not george this is zachmonky, on georges account.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 30, 2007 01:25PM)
[quote]
On 2007-04-16 00:21, Bendy wrote:
[quote]

just my $.02
[/quote]

I agree with everything you've posted here. I would like to add two more:

- Provide a "pocket" of sorts on the bottom of the inside of the pouch, where a magnet could be stored without the risk of it moving around and/or becoming attached to something stored in the pouch that may be metal or have metal components.
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black! (Or it could be made of, or lined with, a nylon material so that the color of the fabric won't run. The cotton material it is made of now transfers the dye to the TT far too easily.
[/quote]

The bottom pocket would be perfect as I always keep coin effects like Holy Holy in the front pouches and that stupid magnet would constantly stick to them. I love this pouch, by the way, and highly recommend it!
I can NOT leave home without it!!!!
It is impossible!!!!
It has my life in it!!!

-mike-
I wear the Assassin's pouch all the time.
As far as the magnet thing I wear 2 powerful magnet clips (left and right side) on my belt so no need for more in the pouch and becomes a seperate area concealed in vest or jacket.
The small pouches always have Killer Key and Holey Moley. The main pouch In A Flash deck. Not all my gimicks are Sankey material, it is a matter of association for remembering where everything is. My pockets carry the other stuff.
I have a Pro-Real in the side pouch but have only really used it a couple of times. I prefer higher on the body area.
The other side pouch I kinda find it ackward for a T.T. or a sharpie. A few times I have stuck things like a rose stem for a flash appearance, but most of the time it is empty.
The pouch is concealled under my vest most of the time so never any questions asked about it.
On my other hip I have a pouch designed for a G.P.S and it can carry 2 decks of cards easily.
Between pouches, cargo pants, and a vest full of pockets I am ready for most ocassions.
Safety tip - do not go boating this loaded.
This seems like a nice idea, but I am quite happy with my military issue ankle wallet. It's pretty good sized at 5 x 5 inches and contours around the side of my lower calf. Completely invisible when worn. This way my goodies are concealed and hidden on my person. I load up what I need for the day in it and I am set. A private moment alone and I can get anything I need right out. Since I never where shorts, I am set year round.
I have been wearing my Sankey Assassin's Pouch (AP)daily for the past 7 months or so and agree with the suggested improvements noted above. Alas, the nylon has worn out and I needed to replace it.

Today, at my local Long's Drug store, I found a great/better (in my opinion) replacement in the camera case section. It's put out by Mobile+Life(?) and cost only $10.99! Here are 2 pictures that I shot of it:

[img]http://www.medicine-in-motion.com/images/mobile-life_pouch.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.medicine-in-motion.com/images/mobile-life_pouch_sideview.jpg[/img]

It comes in a variety of colors/print patterns. The nylon is much more durable than the AP and is slightly larger. It easily holds 2 decks of cards in the main/rear compartment, in addition to the placement of a magnet in the bottom. The front compartment has subdivided pockets that hold coins nicely (as well as my toy Yoda, seen in the picture). Sponge balls would fit fine, as well. Furthermore, there is a front velcro flap that holds a mini-sharpie.

I haven't used the AP for my thumb tip b/c of the dye issue and I don't use an IT reel,so this was a really nice find for me. It fits comfortably on my belt in the office and the zippers open so much better than the AP. It's a whole lot sturdier than the AP. (I really like Jay and had been holding out over the past weeks, hoping to hear that perhaps he would have revised his pouch based upon comments in this forum. Alas, I couldn't wait that long.) It's hard to beat this value.

jeff in san diego
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
[quote]
Rather than a pouch or a back pack or a fanny pack, you know what would be cool? A magic bandolier!
Pockets that strap across your torso where you can have it behind you or in front of you. Pockets for cards, pockets for Hot Rods and/or paddle tricks. Pockets for TTs. Places for pens, markers, magnets, lighters and other various items used in conjunction with illusions.

You could strap it across your torso - front or back...
[/quote]

Check this out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=161323&forum=113
[quote]
On 2007-03-11 13:33, mysto59 wrote:
I agree. It was a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. It is kind of hard to believe but it really did happen. I play the lottery every week and haven't won yet but I'm sure glad to have my bite coin back.

It just goes to show that little "miracles" happen when you least expect them...
[/quote]

I can top that. Many, many years ago I purchased "Fertile Coins" From Lou Tannen's. Back then it was a beautiful mini Kennedy half roughly the size of a dime.

I loved that effect. I did it everywhere!

Then one day, I lost it! Just somehow misplaced it, and was very sorry for my carelessness..

Here's where it gets weird, as in Twilight Zone! Sometime later, I was riding a bus. (This was new to me, as I usually walked in those days)

Anyway, I was sitting there on this bus I had never rode before, and I looked down at my feet, and there on the floor, impossible as it may sound, was my Fertile coin!

I have NO IDEA. Except maybe an Angel felt sorry for me.
[quote]
On 2007-03-09 18:39, mysto59 wrote:
Oh, here's a funny story for you guys...

True story. I was at my local quickie mart a few days ago getting some coffee and when paying I forgot I had my bite out quarter in my pocket and accidentally used it along with some other "real" coins to pay for my coffee. I didn't notice until I got home though. Man I was really mad...

The next day when I went to get coffee again and this time used a dollar to get coffee and the cashier gave me my change. As I was walking back to my car I noticed that she had given me my bite out quarter back in the change!!! Is that wild or what?
[/quote]

Unless it is someone elses bite out quater!

I have a friend who used to work in a Bingo hall (as a caller) and he found a coin unique in the till (Eddie Gibson 1p adn £1 magnetic locking coin) - he was given it in a bunch of change after buying a drink. He did not realise until he got home. He then decided to take a magnet in to work - and swept all the £1 coins from the tills. Over a period of a few months he found 8 (acordign to him - I have no reason to doubt him). it makes me wonder how many are out there in circulation..... :) check your change people!
So that's where yoda has been hiding.
I have one and I use it. I am not ashamed to say that. I wear it table hopping and it sits just under y shirt( casuly worn) hidden away. Its a fantastic tool and I would recomend getting one if your a worker
I just got mine...can I now call myself an assassin:)
Jay has this as a deal of the week:

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48070

Reg Price: $20.00
Sale Price: $12.99
Jay reports this on the Assassin's Pouch sale:

From Jay:

Hi Guys,

Last night we received a ton of orders for the ASSASSIN'S POUCH, but some of you sent emails saying you had a difficult time placing your online order.

Sorry about that. We've been testing some new UPS shipping options and a few glitches have 'magically appeared.'

Please give us 24 hours to work out all the kinks, and place your order for the Assassin's Pouch tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Thanks for believing in Sankey Magic!

:)

Jay

PS.We'll be adding UPS 'STANDARD' and UPS 'EXPEDITED' to the website very soon! Just in time for our upcoming MONSTER HOLIDAY SALE (Nov 24-Dec 1!!!!!!)
I ordered one among other things yesterday.What the hell it's only 12 bucks!and I don't have a case or anything for any of my props(just work out of my pockets) and I know it will be totally awsome like everything else jay has ever released!looks way better than the pro carrier (which I also own).Much more space and easy retrieval of porps.I know this one is going to be another winner!
I came across this thread again. 13 years from most of my comments here, my Assassinís Pouch has not had any issues aside from the initial dye transfer. The thin fabric has held up much better for me than many in this thread.

Dave