(Close Window)
Topic: I want to clear everything up
I want to clear up everything that's going on with the x Levitation right now. Lets start off from all the way in the beginning.

I was sititng in my room when I said to myself, I want to come up with a levitation that looks to good to be true. I wanted something that when a person saw they would be like "holy sh**". During this time (around early July), I started thinking of ideas and planning. I was not aware of the Icarus Effect at all at this time. So I started planning the effect out little by little. I had to settle for three points.

1. It was cheap to make
2. The materials had to be household items, and you did not need any special carpentry skills etc.
3. It was easy to perform, and was practical in real world situations

At first it was just a little thing, then I started to add differnt muscular principles (a lot of people doubt these and that is a huge problem, they add so much to the effect) and differnt techniques and variations.
What I enjoy so much about the x is the fact that you are so free in the pants, you have so much freedom in there. Compared to other levitations on the market, I personally feel that the x is so cheap and practical compared to other levitations. It only costs about 30 dollars to make, whilst other levitations cost hundreds of dollars to make.

A few weeks ago, I had passed out a bunch of preview DVD's for people to see what the levitation was like. Someone had told me that it was similar to an effect currently out called the "Icarus Effect", I looked into it, and watched the DVD and it added to my belief that the x was different from this effect. I even drew up a comparrison chart, showing all the points etc.

I personally do not understand why there is so much hatred going to this product. I did not do anything wrong, I did not steal anyones ideas. If I was a tiny bit unsure of my product I would not have spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on ink, paper, DVD'S, DVD production, DVD editing, labels, cover designs, designing the artwork etc. I spent quite a bit producing these DVD's and if I was not sure of my product I would have stopped at the beginning. But I will not stop, I will fight for my product and I will not let anything get into my way. For the people that do not like it, I will gladly refund you, gladly, under a few conditions. You build the gimmick, you try it out, and you use the muscular techniques I teach, because then, THEN if you still do not like it, I will gladly refund your purchase, no questions asked. That is how confident I am with this, so many people are doubting this product, when they have not tested it, it is like judging a book by its cover. Would you not buy a book just because the artwork wasn't nice, would you buy a car without testing it? What I am trying to say is that if you bought the DVD, you watched it, and you said, you know what, I don't like it. How do you know you don't like something if you have not tried it, that's all I want to know.

So for anyone that still likes me, just please. All I ask that, if you have purchased the DVD please, do not judge the book by its cover. This is my effect and I would not have put so much of my personal time and effort into creating it. No matter what anyone says, I will always keep the fight strong. I will not give up because a bunch of guys tell me to go "screw myself". I refuse to be put down by anyone like this. I will fight for my product till the end, because I know its original, and I know it is practical.

Thank you for your time,
-Alex Rose.

p.s. -I am sorry for any trouble I caused anyone
...A CON ARTIST TO THE BLOODY END...
Oh boy this thread is going to blow up fast
Alex, nice to see your on again. I have posted this once before, not sure if you saw it ( read it ) so I will post it here. Oyea, Alex, even though you came up with this method before you saw Icarus does not make it right to keep selling it. Alex: Nobody here hates you. It is the fact that you made outlandish claims on your site ( when you were with Jon Maronge, and even now ) and promises that cannot be achieved within your final product. Within the last 3 months I have stuck up for you when speculation around here was rampant, I even PM'ed you at one point telling you not to worry about what people said about you, you told me "thanks for your support" . At that time it was all speculation and I felt it was just wrong for some people on here to bash you without even having any knowledge of how your levi was done, and felt that what some were saying was in all ignorance, which was TRUE. This was before I found out the truth behind the actual method used to create the effect known as the X lev. I am very good friends with someone very close to you Alex. I have seen the X lev being taught by you on video. I believe you are a good kid, and I believe you honestly mean no wrong on backing up your product. I just feel you do not realize that your product is violating many laws. Space age material, no shell , the simplicity of modifying your pants... None of this means anything Alex. The reality of the situation is Your effect uses the exact same principle as an existing effect, and that is the only thing that matters here. It is the principle of the effect, the way that it is done to create the illusion of levitation. I can think of many different ways of modifying and performing Angel's levitation, and many other lev's on the market, but would I ever do that and release a DVD based on my modifications, "Heck No".. WHY?? because the principle behind the lev would be the same, no matter how I switched it up. Please take this as constructive criticism and as someone who cares. You take care Alex and I really hope you make the right decision......'PIZ'
:omed eht s'ereh ,enoyreve yeH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWWi1wkGY14
I don't believe the DVD teaches you how to reverse play yourself in real time Alex ?
You're not a bit sorry, so don't act it.

Again, like it has already been said, it doesn't matter whether you came up with the idea without seeing the ICarus or knowing the principle behind it, the fact is..it's the same principle. You simply didn't research your own levitation against others enough, yet you think that gives you the right to sell it on.

Give up Alex. You've shamed yourself enough.
The following from youtube

axproductions (1 week ago)
My lawyer said he copyrighted it, he filled out forms for it and stuff etc., not sure what he did but he said it was taken care of

(Reply)
d3lud3 (1 week ago)
Dude, you're 12 years old. You have a lawyer. ?
Alex, apologizing is an important first step. You don't seem to be doing that though. Even though we have all seen the demo that Jessiah linked above where you jump and play the video backwards, you have yet to acknowledge that and perhaps explain what you were thinking.

I'm not going to bash you here, I would like an honest answer from you regarding the demo. It will be a good start toward communicating with everyone that is angry over this.
[quote]
On 2006-11-19 00:23, alexmagiclive wrote:
But I will not stop, I will fight for my product and I will not let anything get into my way.
[/quote]

That's funny! :)

Greetings
I'm curious about the demo video as well.
The only think in your way is the whole magic community. I have controvery with some of my products but I deliverd what I promise. you have blantantly stolen idas and money from people willing to take a chance on you
The only thing than can turn the table towards Alex is a real LIVE demo as shown in Alex's video clip on youtube.

It is not going to happen. FORGET IT.
How does you call it within the usa, if somebody trys to sell a product with an already published principle, false product promisses and faked video clips? Scam? A deliberate lie? Or just dullness?
I know who we would call this in europe, because we have a lack of understanding for such behavior, but may be within the usa it´s different? I don´t know.
Alex, I hope you will understand someday that what you have done wasn´t ok.
I also think it's horrible that something that is expensive and more importantly something that is only a few months old according to him is up for sale. You would think he would need more time since July to perform with it, use it and modify it than trying to hurry up and sell it to other magicians. This whole thing had 'bad' written all over it.

Your friend in magic,
Luke Dancy
Alex the fact that you say you thought about this in July and released the X in November tells me all I need to know. Firstly you failed to research your method with exisiting levitations. Alright I will say that is just inexperience on your part. Second this was not field tested very long most inventors want to test and perfect their creation.

You are missing the bigger picture here. If you had researched and consulted with other magician's you would have seen that wow the workings of my levitation mirrors an exsisting one. The method is key here Alex. Just the fact you claim that you invented this does not mean you can use it. The method is too similar and your levitation should have never been released.

The fact that your levi was dropped by a distributor speaks volumes. Jon also refused to shoot your demo when he found out the truth.

Alex you have made crazy claims about your levitation. Float up to 4 feet surrounded. The thing that really bothers me is that your demo is not true to your levitation. Your first levi to the rail is played in reverse. Your shoelaces move before you do and there is no way that can be done with the X you are selling. Alex below is what you claim on You Tube.

Ax Productions.
PLEASE NOTE: Everything you see in this demo, you will be able to do with the purchase of the x Levitation DVD. Do not assume something when you have not even watched the explanation portion of the DVD.

Care to explain that Alex? The members who have reviewed your X say that your first levi on the demo to the rail is impossible.
Have you heard of false advertising?

I'm glad you are going to give people their money back if they build your levi and do not like it.
I wish you would just pull this from your site and win some respect back.
You can fight for your levi but it will end up being a marker for you in the magic community.
When you want to get serious about your magic and need the help of respected magician's they will turn you away.
This might not seem like a big deal now but just wait till you are older.
This X will come back to bite you, Karma has a way.

So you can do the right thing and pull this from your site.
I'm pretty sure I know your answer Alex.
I have been proved wrong in the past.
Looking forward to your response on your claims that you can levitate to that rail.

magicmike30
Don't forget to clear things up about 'your' center tear as well.

[quote]
What I enjoy so much about the x is the fact that you are so free in the pants, you have so much freedom in there.
[/quote]

:D
Hahaha "so much freedom in the pants" - now maybe Alex should market that as an effect.
Nah, all you need is to be a 12 year old again.
Then you'll have plenty of "freedom in the pants".
You'd be wise to remove your product from the market for at least a cooling off period. During this time you could do some research on the legal standing and overall acceptability of what you're doing.

When you develop something independantly, but discover that somebody else has already brought the same product to market there are choices you must make.
Those choices will impact what magicians think about you, and will either establish or destroy your credibility within the magic community.

The choice you're currently making is the wrong one my friend. The problem is that nothing will be made right until you yourself understand that it's a bad choice

Do the right thing.......there likely won't be a second chance within the magic community for you.
It's too late, the entire affair is now posted on the Genii forum, which is pretty much the nail in the coffin for you.

Serious guys over there on the Genii forum, with long memories.
Good.
[quote]
For the people that do not like it, I will gladly refund you, gladly, under a few conditions. You build the gimmick, you try it out, and you use the muscular techniques I teach, because then, THEN if you still do not like it, I will gladly refund your purchase, no questions asked.[/quote]

Alex,

First of all, your conditions are unreasonable. You are asking people to devote dozens of hours to proving something doesn't work for them, when many people do not HAVE to go through all that time and -- cripes, "muscular training"?!? -- in order to see that something can't work for them.

Second of all, there are many magicians out there who will not knowingly purchase a product that -- intentionally or not -- is a rip-off. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you absolutely did not purposefully duplicate somebody else's effect, it is, even so, very much against some people's ethics to purchase such an item.

If you want to try to repair some of the damage you've done, inadvertently or not, to your customers and to your reputation within the magic community, you should offer a no-questions-asked refund policy that does NOT have such stringent conditions as "build it, train with it, try it, and then return it." That's a lot to ask of people who, either because of their ethics OR because they find it obvious that it will not fit their needs, want to return their package for a refund.

BTW, reading an effect and deciding it's "not for you" is not judging a book by its cover. That would be looking at the unprofessional packaging and labeling and THEN deciding it's "not for you." Learning how the effect is done, and how it is to be constructed and used, and how one must train their musculature in order to utilize it, is called an INFORMED decision. But if you believe that simply learning how an effect is done is "prejudging" it, I must assume, then, then you have purchased, built, and learned to use every levitation out there. Otherwise, in judging that your method has advantages over the others, your opinion of the others is similarly "judging a book by its cover" because you have not actually purchased, built, and trained with them all.

--Josh
I hope your parents are rich. Remember Mr Icarus will not sue you, but your your Mommy and Daddy.
[quote]

I personally do not understand why there is so much hatred going to this product. I did not do anything wrong, I did not steal anyones ideas.
[/quote]
It's not just the x lev, Alex, it's the fact that nearly everything you do shows a lack of research done on your part, and / or a lack of ethics.

Yesterday you posted a link to an EBay ad on this forum, violating the clearly posted Magic Café forum rules.

Several of your current EBay ads link to copyrighted material on 3rd party magic sites, violating EBay terms of use.

Previously you were selling someone else's coin through table routine as your own, on your old site.

The list goes on and on ...
So Mr X appears on ebay. what a surprise.

Just goes to show Alex does not want to stop trying to ripp people off.

The illusion will NOT work as shown in the video. a kid trying to imitate the illusion on that video clip might injure himself.

balducci, In my early post my intension was not to get rid of the thread but to lock it before somebody posts something that the mods reallly need to delete it.

I and many others on Café want the X threads to remain.
Do you guys belive Alex's parents know any off this? I doubt they would endorse fellony!
This has all the earmarks of the parents in question having to stand up in court and say "we didn't have a clue what he was up to".
That's really sad to read,i mean the whole story about this kid called Alex and his x-levitation.
His dying dream about selling a levitation effect he had created (who knows..) which should have better never been released.
My advice to Alex : Stop the distrubution and take it off your website before your dream becomes a nightmare.

-Jerry
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Nov 19, 2006 09:22PM)
If I may offer something along the lines of advice...

Seek the opinion of those who DO know about what's what before rushing off to market. They can help you find out if you are working on something that is already on the market, been in print or in use by a major pro.
Imagien, all of this could have been avoided just by sending the trick to 1 (ONE) trusty member of the Magic Café Comunnity
Can we please keep this going until 24 returns to Aussie TV next year? - it's filling a void for me - this Jack Bauer of levitations just never dies...
Not to make light of any of this because it is very serious and obviously disgusting. But because of the letter in the effect 'X' I keep having this thought that if this was the 1800's he could be forced to wear a scarlet X around his neck for the rest of his days.
I did not buy this dvd so I cant judge it , but I have something else to say.

I'm not saying he hasnt done some bad things with this dvd , but why all attack him like this?
I see these things a lot with big magicians and shops like ellusionist and penguin,, they promise something that you really don't get, and they steal idea's..and tricks...

here's an example: criss angel levitation,, in the demo you see him do a couple of levitations,, and 1 is where he has his arms out and he floats really high and he is surrounded,, ,,nice camera trick,, but he did not teach you it on the dvd.......

and what about the 3 ring circis bij jay sankey, in the demo he says the rings are examinable,, and when you buy the dvd he says it is examinable after the switch,, ......... itnt that a lie too?

why doesn't anybody attack him or angel?? I'm not saying sankey or angel is a lyer,, I'm just saying it happens a lot just to sell the product,, so why pick on this little boy......... I think every magician has been ripped off more then 1 time buying a magic effect or dvd,, right?????????????
[quote]
On 2006-11-20 02:48, Timothy Church wrote:

why doesn't anybody attack him or angel?? I'm not saying sankey or angel is a lyer,, I'm just saying it happens a lot just to sell the product,, so why pick on this little boy......... I think every magician has been ripped off more then 1 time buying a magic effect or dvd,, right?????????????
[/quote]

It is irrelevant if this is some little boy or not. Fraud and thief are 2 very serious crimes. (Fraud in the way he is promoting his illusion and theft in using someone else’s idea as his own). Pleading ignorance does not excuse you from the law. Admittedly, it is possible to come up with some idea that has previously been conceived, but if you are informed of this fact and you continue, your actions are inexcusable.

Your post also predicates the use of lies and deception as admissible tools for selling something. What utter nonsense.

Your reference to Sankey obviously stems from inexperience. The rings are indeed examinable. This is achieved by a switch as stated by yourself, or did you think magic should exist! Methods are never explained in the advert of an illusion. But when someone purposefully deceives the paying public by playing the illusion in reverse so as to achieve the result, then he should be exposed for the character that he is.

As for the Criss Angel levitation, the effect is performed accurately on the demo. Admittedly, the person in front of him would see how this is done, but still, he is accurate. No camera tricks are used. This is not the case with this little boy. Clearly stated with the Angel illusion is that it is angle sensitive.
Hey Timothy I'm sorry but I find it very suspect that you come here and post on this subject. Your join date is yesterday? You wouldn't happen to be a friend of Alex's now would ya?

"why doesn't anybody attack him or angel?? I'm not saying sankey or angel is a lyer,, I'm just saying it happens a lot just to sell the product,, so why pick on this little boy......... I think every magician has been ripped off more then 1 time buying a magic effect or dvd,, right?????????????"

We are not talking about Angel or Sankey. This little boy is swimming with the big fish and has been warned to stay out of the deep end. Fraud is wrong, stealing methods is wrong. I just don't see your point on this other than to distract from the truth.

Sorry but that's the way LSI sees it.
magicmike30
I don't have a lot of posts I admit that but Timothy Church's first post just happens to be about defending Alex? Come on, who can't read through that. Also, at age 12 you do know right from wrong and even if he doesn't there were about 100 people telling him that he was wrong. He still released it even with all of the posts explaining in graphic detail about why not to.

And I am sorry but this situation being compared with Sankey, Angel or any reputable magician is just ridiculous. I would love to say more but I don't want this thread to get locked.

Jerry
WOW!! Very suspect, Good eye Mike. Join date was yesterday, I smell impostor brother. Lets see here? Now what are the chances of a new user (out of no-where) finding the "latest and greatest" forum and posting his very first reply defending the kid who took the place of the masked magician. There are about 60 different forums to choose from and Timothy ( first time ever on the Café ) just happened to find this one, and decided to post his "VERY FIRST POST" here, defending Mr. Ripp. HMMMM, makes ya think huh... "Timothy church's very first post"...... So Alex , how has your "Name change" effected your personal life. Are you comfortable Alex, oops!! ( so sorry ) I mean "Timothy" with the situation you are in at the moment. Timothy, OOPS again!! ( sorry ) I mean "Alex",,, you are making your self look even more scandales little man. Give it up Alex.. It is just sad how you have to change your name up, stick up for your self, and try to make this whole situation out like you are in the right. When will this stop. I really feel as though you are just loving the attention at times. You know what they call disorders like yours in the land of psychology? They call this brain disorder a "cognitive distortion"..This is when you start believing in your own lie's and start loosing respect for one's self. You have reached this peek little man, and all this before the age of 14. Your day will come sonny, I am just sooooo sick of trying to stop this. You should be ashamed of your self Tim, I mean Alex. What is your name , I don't even know what to call you any-more, this is how bad it has gotten....I am done..Have fun loosing out on a career I believe you could have succeeded in. You are a shame and a disgrace in all sense of both words, your name has become symbolic within the magic community as a fraudster, scam artest, and thief. You are the one who is going to have to live with this lobalization Alex, I mean "Tim" .....'PIZ'
I don't think a first time posters opinion is going to make a shred of difference when it comes to what folks think about the X lev and it's "inventor".

The sad reality is that, as I said above, it's likely that his parents or guardians don't have a clue what he's up to, and he's pretty much destroyed any possibility of gaining respect from his fellow magicians.

In many ways a rip off like this will befall only those who aren't up on what's happening in magic (thank goodness for the Café) as it's highly unlikely that any Café regular would invest in this DVD.

Although I've met many young magicians who have their crap together, this chap really suggests that he is strugling with the concept of ethics, responsibility, and honor.
None of which is particularly surprising considering his age.

One can only hope it comes to a better end than it currently looks like it's going to.
[quote]
On 2006-11-20 12:32, silverking wrote:

The sad reality is that, as I said above, it's likely that his parents or guardians don't have a clue what he's up to, and he's pretty much destroyed any possibility of gaining respect from his fellow magicians.
[/quote]
Actually, at least on one of Alex's former sites, payment was made to an Paypal account that appeared to be owned by his father. I suspect they do know what he is doing, but rather may not understand / appreciate the implications of what he is doing.
[b]Alex's Photo after the sale of X levitation[/b]

Notice GWs sad face on the bill.

[img]http://myspace-169.vo.llnwd.net/01371/96/13/1371753169_l.jpg[/img]
What state does Alex live in? Anyone know?
He lives in Brooklyn NY
I have seen still pictures of the DVD that are floating around the net and after seeing those, he is not ripping off someone else's effect, he is ripping of 3 different magician's effects...the first one is the Icarus effect, the second one's gimmick and how to perform it is a clear ripp off of Peter Loughran's The Elevator and the third is a bonus effect he offers which is the same effect as taught by Andrew Mayne in Touching Sky...

It's funny, on his E-bay auction for his levitation, he states in the FAQ part that you don't need any special pants, shoes or shirt, which is false according to his DVD...I don't think that I can post the link to where I found the pictures of his DVD, but if I am wrong, let me know if anyone wants to see them for themselves....

I know that Aaron has already called Alex and his parents, and hope that Peter and Andrew both pursue this as well....

Alan
Hey Lucky, could you pm me with wherever you seen the stills ? I'd love to see them.
........and with those still you will find that X is not only a ripp off, its UNWORKABLE.
Wow small world Alex.
Hmm lets see who I associate with?

Peter Loughran, yep an ultra cool magician who will be very interested to hear that his elevator might be on your dvd. Think I will send him a pm.

Aaron well you know who he is, I'm sure.

Alex I have given you fair warning about doing the right thing.
Now I have been contacted by some people who are going to fix this X problem.
They have nothing better to do than see this removed.

Can any of the X owners confirm that the elevator is indeed on Alexs dvd that is the first I have heard of this.

The choice is yours Alex, tick, tock.
Mike
magicmike30
Well I saw the stills and it IS the same Method.
I have seen the still images also. It is not the exact same gimmick, but it is very close. It is homemade. It is basically the exact same method, with a VERY smiliar gimmick. The whole dvd is a rip off. It is a rip off of great magicians hard work. Someone should take some action in this.
Regards,
Nick
Nick LSI is working on this believe me.

A few well known members are working with in to shut the X down.
A legal way might prove quicker but now that I have seen the X exposed online who knows? We have a lot of angry villagers uh I mean magician's wanting their X gone.

Sad really sad Alex that what you have done is now freely exposed on the web.
Guys please don't pm asking where?

Alex You are hurting magic and the hard work of my friends.

If anyone would care to send a legal gift please contact LSI.
We must have a lawyer on the forums, I have all the evidence needed. A cease letter would be great.

magicmike30
If this kid is such a rip off artist,why hasn't the Café banned his IP address. The forums I moderate, would not allow such a person to be an active member. I thought this was a site that prided itself on magicians helping magicians, not ripping them off. I really love it hear, and sometimes times I lash out, sorry for the vent. I will call Ms Sokolik tonite to ask her what she plans to do with her son.
You cant ban a person from his IP address. If he uses a dynamic IP address provider, as the 90% of the people of the web, he will have a different IP everytime he connects on the web. And if he uses a static IP address, that means an IP that never changes, and you ban it, he could simply connect from another computer and join the cafè.

Dave

PS: sorry if this is too nerd, I just wanted to give you a techincal tip :)
[quote]
On 2006-11-20 15:12, Irishghost wrote:
What state does Alex live in? Anyone know?
[/quote]
That would be the state of puberty
I'm curious about something -- and this isn't directed at Alex, but at others here.

I'm confused. On one hand, I'm reading that this is a direct and complete rip-off of somebody else's levitation, and Alex has done something horribly wrong by duplicating it (either intentionally or unintentionally).

On the other hand, I'm reading that this is completely unworkable.

So let me get this straight. Somebody ripped off somebody else's completely unworkable idea?

If so, who the heck cares?

If not, can somebody please explain to me how a completely unworkable item can be virtually identical to a workable one?

--Josh
Good point Josho.
Ok, The Andrew Mayne levitation is 100% a rip off.

The Icarus, ok this kid lacks 1 part of the actual levitation, but it is the same principle

The elevator, Diferent house hold objects , same principle.

X-lev=Crappy Icarus + Elevator
Josho,

I've PMed you with explanation on why I call it unworkable.
He took the basic ideas of the levitations and combined them. He made them worse. He took a great levitation (Icarus) and turned it into something horrible. He left out a crutial part. Also, with the Elevator, he uses a gimmick SIMILAR to it, but does it horrible. It is basically three levitations combined all done horribly. It is a rip off of great levitations into one horrible one. I would sure as hell be very ****ed if I spent hard work on a levitation to learn that a 12 year old ripped it off in his dvd. That is just my two cents.
Regards,
Nick
Many thanks for the clarification, all. I see that rather than duplicating an existing levitation verbatim, he made a bad synthesis of two levitations in an obvious, hamhanded, and unwieldy way.

Too bad Alex took this route. His excuses don't pass the sniff test, since it would've been impossible for him to do just the slightest amount of research into current levs and NOT discover the similarities.

Rather than going for the quick buck by foisting off something A. inferior, and B. with certainly an appearance of having been stolen wholesale, if he had a truly worthwhile way to improve one of these levitations, he should've just contacted the creator(s) directly. He could've started to build a good name for himself in the more dependable fashion: from the ground up, making progressively bigger and better contributions to the art, 'til people started to be willing to pay to see his next idea.

Instead, he tried to ride the unfortunate current wave of disposable, overhyped, underproduced, overpriced, underwhelming DVDs...with perhaps the most ill-conceived one yet. It'll be a much longer climb up from here if he's serious about making a name for himself.

--Josh
Yet another sad chapter in The Magic Café' experience, although I must admit this has been one of the most very interesting and educating experience yet to date! I've loved every mintue of it, the drama, the romance...okay so there ain't much romance, but who cares this has been and still is so much fun to read...hahahahaha...

You'd think this is all just ONE BIG JOKE!!??

But on who?????

johnny
I may as well throw my 2 cents in here.

For some reason, Alex does believe whole heartedly that his effect is different even though I sat with him personally and explained it to his face and his "manager" which is also his "lawyer" (that just started pre-law)

*by the way-- it's illegal to claim that he is an attorney if he hasn't passed the bar. Pre law and an attorney are 2 different things.

When I first performed the "X-Lev" it went over really big. However, the way I was explained to do everything was kin to that of the iccarus. In essence I performed the iccarus without knowing. Again, I was new to magic.

After speaking with the creator of the iccarus hours before I was to shoot the dvd for the x-lev, I told alex that I wasn't going to be part of ripping off someone elses ideas. I'm really glad I had other people to help me do my homework.

This has been a positive experience for me. I now know what to do, and what not to do and have numberous contacts here in the magic community, and I thank you guys for that.

The flip side of all of this is seeing all the bad that has surrounded the release of the x-lev and how it has effected not only you guys in the magic community, but the creator of the original effect. This is a headache that Aaron did not deserve.

So Aaron, if you are reading this thread to keep on top of things, please do know this. I tried to talk him out of it. I tried warning him about the implications of what he was doing. Now the ball is in your court my friend. You need to do what you have to.

Alex.. this is for you... Despite my warnings and everyone else's, you did this anyway. I feel for you within the coming months because of the legal ramifications that you and your parents will face because of your choices. I also feel for you alex because you do have a great passion for magic and you have ruined it for yourself, probably for the rest of your life. But you didn't have to be psychic to see this coming. I wish you all the best in whatever career you will endevor in when you finally choose on, because after this, you have no future in magic.

And to all others here on the forums...
I appreciate the respect you guys have been showing me since my leaving that project. I didn't have the warmest welcome here to the Café, and I do understand why now. You guys have made this feel like home to me now. Thanks again.

All the best to all parties involved..

jon

P.S. Guys.. please stop contacting me about buying the x-lev. I'm not selling any nor do I plan to sell any of them. I am in no way involved with the x-lev or axproductions.

Thanks LSI for all the help
Well Jon,

Great you did realise the right things, and we are of course happy to have you on the magic community.

By the way someone called axproductionslive is just selling something on the worlds largest online auction site...
Well I have informed Peter of his creation being ripped off. A few of you have sad the X Elevator is similar but a little different. LSI recieved a site that exposes this entire mess. I was shocked to see Alex mention that you could pick up the material for your elevator that is the elevator. He even shows a picture of the material. The method was the same but he even tips the original material to use.

This is a dark time for honest working magician's. This has to stop and there are good people working to do just that.
If you have anything that may help or jedi law skills please pm LSI.

magicmike30
There is no more link to paypal for buying the product in his site. I hope this means he gave up.

Pablo
There is a bid on his ebay listing.

Please somebody contact that bidder.
Does anyone have an address for this kid?
Alex now you have gone and done it.

Peter check your PM. If anyone has more info just pm me and I will make sure Peter gets it.

Fight against your X.

magicmike30
[quote]
On 2006-11-21 16:50, shawn99 wrote:

There is a bid on his ebay listing.

Please somebody contact that bidder.

[/quote]

I tried to but ebay said I had to put in my credit card address or send text messages or blah..so not worth it.

I haven't seen of an address Peter, sorry. Have you tried ringing him? I think there's a phone number floating around somewhere.
Alex did have a contact address up on an earlier web site, but I'm NOT about to post it publicly or send it to every Tom, Dick, or Harry who PMs me. But a Peter might be okay. :)
Contact ebay, they will give you his add if you have valid reason, I think
Guys thanks for all your support on putting a stop to this.

Please do not post any personal information on Alex on this thread or any others as balducci is right. You can send the information to Peter or LSI both are trustworthy and no we won't expose personal info. This would be for lawyers eyes only.

Alex care to respond to any of this? We know you are reading this thread. Have you changed your mind about your X-lev? Man I have been in talks with several well known Magician's who are going to put a stop to your X. Save your self a legal headache and pull this right now from your site and ebay.

That would be your only saving grace Alex. Otherwise you are going to face the consequences and sadly your family too.

Alex the ball is in your court.

magicmike30
That ebay bidder got a message sent to him about all this.
I have pmed some info to Peter. He may have already known what I sent him. Alex is in some deep trouble. This is a good lesson for all. It is when someone lies, scams, and cheats people. I am sure Alex will not enjoy the end result.
Regards,
Nick
Nor will his parents... do they know about all this thing???

Dave
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Nov 22, 2006 08:14AM)
Yes folks this is a dark time for offering magic in public.
This episode is not even a glint off the iceberg our little ship or commerce is trying to navigate.
Hey,,, I am not alex,, I don't even know this boy,,
I'm not defending anyone!!! I was just asking/discussing what the difference was between him and other magicians selling stuff.
I used to use a different user name before, and I used my email adres from my work,(i could not make an account from my hotmail), but now that I don't work there anymore and don't have that email I could not find my password!
So to reply to this topic I had to make a new user account!! so don't mistake me with alex, I'm not him, I'm not his friend,I'm not defending him!!!
Oh dear me.... I'm almost intrigued to get his products to see what he is actually saying in them!!

Also, I notice that another idea could well be ripped off - sounds scarily like A Barrie Richardson effect from theater of the mind..

http://www.axproductionslive.com/restraint.htm

Amazing.
[quote]
On 2006-11-20 02:48, Timothy Church wrote
I'm not saying he hasnt done some bad things with this dvd , but why all attack him like this?

[/quote]

Timothy like it or not it looks like you are defending Alex. We are not attacking Alex, he is not an innocent little boy here. Many members have tried to talk sense into Alex. Sure there is frustration and even angry villagers too.

I'm not sure why you brought up the likes of Angel or Sankey? Alex has taken marketed effects and ripped them off. Alex was aware of this and still decided to proceed.

In regards to your user account I can understand why someone might have thought you were Alex. I pointed out your join date and that it was suspect to this thread.

So to clear things up how do you feel about this entire X- scam?

magicmike30
"I used to use a different user name before"

What was that username? Perhaps the folks here will remember you and offer an apology. You gotta admit, with all the excuses, you kinda sound like Alex.

All I'm saying is if I "lost my password" and came back on the board under a different name and made a controvertial first post, I would say "It's ME...Mr. XYZ, remember me?
[quote]
On 2006-11-23 07:31, sjdavison wrote:
Oh dear me.... I'm almost intrigued to get his products to see what he is actually saying in them!!

Also, I notice that another idea could well be ripped off - sounds scarily like A Barrie Richardson effect from theater of the mind..

http://www.axproductionslive.com/restraint.htm

Amazing.
[/quote]

I don't man, his torn and restored card seems even cleaner! It says it's the cleanest torn and restored card you will ever see!

http://www.axproductionslive.com/tornapart.htm
Ebay took a look at the proof I provided and they have now shut down Alex's acution(s) and if he continues to try and sell the item through Ebay, then other measures will be taken by EBay.

I am now about to begin Phase II of my right to protect my intellectual property from Alex.

What Alex might not understand is this is a serious offense he is comitting.

P.
AAAhhhh,

There is good news tonight.

Well Done Peter.

I've PMed you.
Very good Peter. Continue on this path. I hope this kid will learn his lesson!

edh
May I suggest at least one way to ensure that this kid doesn't purloin any future effects? Come up with an effect that uses your driver's license. Or a girl. :) ;)
Well done Peter. I salute you brother. You are putting a smile on many, many faces.....'PIZ'
LSI was is thrilled about this. Since Peter has come on board we have had faster results.

Now there is one for sale here on the Café and if Ebay sided with Peter the Café should too. Shut it down I say, shut it down.

magicmike30

Alex not to late to stop the X yourself. There is still a chance you could walk out with out a big headache.
Yes I believe trying to sell the X lev secondhand is just as wrong if not more wrong to do, since the buyer would most likely be very aware that this is a rip off of other marketed levitations. I don't think the Café should allow the reselling of rip off material. The original buyer should take the issue up with either Paypal, EBay, etc., to get their money back as opposed to recirculating this ripped off Intellectual Property.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and there are other actions the original buyer can take to obtain their money back.

P.
Peter the sad thing is that the buyer is a moderator who is on the X forums.
He was shown the methods or at least explained too prior to the release. So the fact that he is even selling it is wrong. This was not throught ignorance on some poor chap who saw the demo and went wow I can float up to that rail.
This is from a person who new about the levi first hand.

I agree the auction should be pulled. $25 and a Ghost vision. That's not fair to the Ghost.

magicmike30
My user name before was Tim Church or TimShady, I cant really remember... I never really posted anything, I usually only read the topics.

for those who still don't believe that I'm not alex just ask Aaron Delong, he knows who I am. And he will tell you I'm a 24 year old magician from the Netherlands

what I don't understand is why does this boy not stop selling???? he must be really stupid...
The X appears back on ebay again ! !

Like someone said before, he is a real floater. won't flush off.
I really wish I could meet him in real life.
Ive contacted EBay once again. Generally EBay doesn't stand for this type of abuse, Im sure recourse will be taken now.

P.
Wow!

Lies, sex (yes there was some) and demo video's. This has to be the most "entertaining" subject on the Café this year. So Alex, Thank you.

Alex you a bright career ahead of you..in selling second hand cars!
You're lucky that you're 12 and won't go to jail because if you did go to jail you would regret that " there's so much freedom in my pants" part.

Seriously Alex, Catch a wake up!
EBay has been so awesome. They have now sent me an electronic notice of Copyright Infringement form with my signature onfile now. So now I can report auctions with a click of the mouse as opposed to faxing and signing doccuments like I had to before. Also they have now promissed me satisfactory recourse with the repeat offender axproductionslive.

I'll keep everyone updated.
His new youtube account; http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=alexrosemagic
He's aged quite a bit...according to the site he's now 26!!! LOL!
On myspace he's 17
In real life he's 12..barely probably.
If I can say, I don't have a dog in this fight. I've just been monitoring the thread. It never struck me credible that this guy was 12. I have two kids both of whom where 12 at one time and I've never heard a 12 year old express himself the way Alex does. Also if you look at a whois of his website, he is using Domains by Proxie, which is a service designed to hide the identity of the person putting up the site. I don't believe a 12 year old would even know, or have the desire to set up a Domains By Proxie site. My guess is that he is a scammer and is also using multiple identities.
BillMcCloskey,

I think you are talking about his "manager" OR was it his lawyer ?

One way or other......

He has a backing of an adult yes, but I don't agree with you about this kid expresing himself the way he does.

He is certainly on the kidish side when it comes to defending.
[quote]
On 2006-11-27 17:06, BillMcCloskey wrote:
If I can say, I don't have a dog in this fight. I've just been monitoring the thread. It never struck me credible that this guy was 12. I have two kids both of whom where 12 at one time and I've never heard a 12 year old express himself the way Alex does. Also if you look at a whois of his website, he is using Domains by Proxie, which is a service designed to hide the identity of the person putting up the site. I don't believe a 12 year old would even know, or have the desire to set up a Domains By Proxie site. My guess is that he is a scammer and is also using multiple identities.
[/quote]
Keep in mind that he has had a number of websites up. His first two sites were very basic. I'm sure his knowledge of web design and domain issues grew with his own practical experience. No one ever (or at least I never) said Alex was stupid, just naive and ethically challenged.

FWIW, I also think his manner of expressing himself is still at a level appropriate for a 12-year old. I think you've just seen him at his "best" and most polished. You should have seen the blog on one of his previous web sites.
[i]His latest ebay listing of X has been removed.[/i]
Ths kid is gonna be just as famous as the masked magician!
Message: Posted by: rippedandrestored35 (Nov 28, 2006 09:01AM)
If not more
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Nov 29, 2006 06:04AM)
Hard to imagine that a 12 year old kiddo can go all the way . . . .
Message: Posted by: rippedandrestored35 (Nov 29, 2006 08:53AM)
Is this guy dead yet?(Alex)
Not yet dead, hemorrhoids never die unless smeared with the proper medication. Almost!! We can say for certain that he is having much more hart problems then usual.....'PIZ'
Just say no to eBay, Xcellent work Peter. This ripp-off levi will not see anymore eBay auctions. I pitty the fool who tries and sells this X at the Café' It will be dealt with.
If you want a laugh next time on ebay search X levitation.
You will get a book called Invisibility and Levitation by no other than
Commander X. Can anyone say conspiracy theory?

Also check out Alex's website for another bad review of his X.

magicmike30
[quote]
[/quote]
I'm a newby here, but don't discredit kids who are younger. When I was 12, I was coding in php and html, I was a skateboard dealer and I imported factory direct. My domain was by proxy, and I also has a mirror on the ip2.net network. ( the site is still up, though I have discontinued selling stuff http://sk8te.uk.to/ [not proxied anymore]) Right now I'm 14, I own an online magic shop , and have a well established portfolio.

Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising. I wonder if its worth taking a trip into brooklyn (i live like an hour and a half away) I might go saturday to visit my bro at college. I think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.
[quote]
On 2006-11-30 17:39, warallthetm wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
I'm a newby here, but don't discredit kids who are younger. When I was 12, I was coding in php and html, I was a skateboard dealer and I imported factory direct. My domain was by proxy, and I also has a mirror on the ip2.net network. ( the site is still up, though I have discontinued selling stuff http://sk8te.uk.to/ [not proxied anymore]) Right now I'm 14, I own an online magic shop , and have a well established portfolio.

Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising. I wonder if its worth taking a trip into brooklyn (i live like an hour and a half away) I might go saturday to visit my bro at college. I think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.
[/quote]
Its immorral, and could be considered to be illegal if it can be classed as a trade-secret.

Also :
Anyone can program PHP when they are 12, but IMO you can't program it well until you are older, you need experience of computers/security. Same goes for html/css, you need to learn about design and usability. (And considering that's the site you created at 12, your definition of coding html seems to be using a WYSIWYG editor, no-one codes that messily, and a switch for your pages).

Also, I note that, [b]as far as I can find,[/b] when looking through records, SK8TE LTD is not actually a registered limited company (nor has it ever been), thus adding to my belief that 12 year olds can't run businesses. I'm guessing that its illegal to lie about that. I could be wrong about all this though, so please prove me wrong.

Why am I bringing this up? Because these are examples you are using to represent just how well a 12 year old can run a business.

Any 12 year old can release a piece of magic. Do I believe a 12 year old can come up with a good, workable effect? Unlikely. At 12 you are unlikely to have a lot of real-life performing experience. Not impossible, just unlikely as hell.

Sorry for that to sound like a bit of a go at you, I'm just saying, that I don't entirely trust 12 year olds with running any form of business, I believe you have to be at least a little older to understand how to properly run a business.

[b]This is just my opinion, shout at me if you wish[/b]
[quote]
On 2006-11-30 17:39, warallthetm wrote:
[quote]Anyway.....
First off, don't get me wrong, I think alex is a con artists. But to clarify thjings, its not illegal to use a methodology of something. So alex is only doing one thing, false advertising.

think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe). I had the privilege of viewing the dvd my-self (someone I know has it) and all I can say is that its garbage.

First off you are right when you say Alex is a Con Artist better term ripp-off artist. Method? This is a Fraken Copy, taking an exsiting product and selling it as your own.

think we would all be less ****ed if he wasn't selling it for 100 bucks. (Its worth eight, maybe).

I'm a angry villager even if Alex was selling this for $9.99. This X levitation is being exposed freely on the internet. Just ask Icarus owners if they are happy about that?

There is nothing good about this X and more than just false advertising has been done here. LSI can't report what is going on behind the X scenes due to legal implications.
LEts just say get ready for an internal cleansing like never before.
Steps have been taken to remove, stop, and give on big "Xtema" to flush this crap right out of the village.

magicmike30
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be. And sue his parents for any damages... they got dough...
LOL!! Agree Jessiah, very funny. The truth still remains that this little zit is still not yet popped. He is thieving and taking property away from other inventors and claiming as his. This needs to be dealt with till the little Zit is fully drained of his juices, and the juices seem to be flowing very quickly as of lately, mission almost complete (hopefully)....'PIZ'
[quote]
On 2006-12-01 05:03, Jessiah wrote:
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be.
[/quote]
Momma always said...
"Stupid is as Stupid does." Just check out his latest project.

Axe Productions proudly presents. "The Gump." Check out the You Tube Video.

Have your spectator pick from a box of chocolates then suddenly their hair changes into the Gump. Illusion uses no electronics or stooges.

Alex thinks he is really Forest and should just run Forest run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmiO4SavZI

magicmike30
[quote]
On 2006-11-20 02:48, Timothy Church wrote:
I did not buy this dvd so I cant judge it , but I have something else to say.

I see these things a lot with big magicians and shops like ellusionist and penguin,, they promise something that you really don't get, and they steal idea's..and tricks...

here's an example: criss angel levitation,, in the demo you see him do a couple of levitations,, and 1 is where he has his arms out and he floats really high and he is surrounded,, ,,nice camera trick,, but he did not teach you it on the dvd.......

and what about the 3 ring circis bij jay sankey, in the demo he says the rings are examinable,, and when you buy the dvd he says it is examinable after the switch,, ......... itnt that a lie too?

[/quote]

Actually, I've seen "attacks" on this board toward both Angel and Penquin Magic for exactly the things you've mentioned in your post. Penquin more so because they were (are?) taking money for knock off effects that weren't theirs to market.
[quote]
On 2006-12-01 06:51, magicmike30 wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-12-01 05:03, Jessiah wrote:
This is the dumbest discussion ever. Its like trying to talk a deranged hobo out of thinking he's jesus or something, just let him be.
[/quote]
Momma always said...
"Stupid is as Stupid does." Just check out his latest project.

Axe Productions proudly presents. "The Gump." Check out the You Tube Video.

Have your spectator pick from a box of chocolates then suddenly their hair changes into the Gump. Illusion uses no electronics or stooges.

Alex thinks he is really Forest and should just run Forest run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWmiO4SavZI

magicmike30
[/quote]

Mike that was hilarious!! Man I could not stop laughing, so true brother. Take care.....'PIZ'
False advertising on this one sorry guys. LSI does not investigate non levis but we just had to see this Gump. There is a gimmick and you have to palm a Flow-bee. If you do not know what that is just google it. This is not pratical or good for walkaround. The worst part is while there is no stooge you create an instant stooge when you start to cut their hair.

What's next a Quick Change rip off. Hmmm from nerd to Gangsta? Sounds like someone we know.
Sadly we uncovered this also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Zc9NyYH-k

Are mods are the best.
Laughter is a great way to control the rage that dwells within the villagers.
magicmike30
Im not really feelin all this Weird Al junk either... haha Kill this thread! Its only publicity for this little &*#@$
Amen to that! This thread isn't just beating a dead horse, it's beating the skeletal remains of a dead horse.

Jeff
Oh come on - without this thread we'd have to get a life.
Exactly! haha... I'm far to busy to even care that much. If I were ripped off by him, or anyone else, I'd go and visit them wherever they live. That would stir things up a bit! Im sure his parents would be surprised too!!!
I know I'd be surprised if a grown man came to my door and wanted to see my 12 year old boy...LOL
Go magic go has a podcast out.
Talking about it last thing int he video for around 13 or so minutes.

I suggest you guys listen to it, pretty funny.

" 2 d'lites down.........with batteries removed" =D
This thread is worth it just to see the misinformation about intellectual property rights flying by.
[quote]
On 2006-12-02 03:19, Jessiah wrote:
Im not really feelin all this Weird Al junk either... haha Kill this thread! Its only publicity for this little &*#@$
[/quote]

This thread has warned our Fellow Magi, you would not believe how many people contacted me that they bought this crap with the other X threads locked.

I think Weird Al perfectly sums up this guy, trying to be something he is not and that is just well a bad parody.

Plus comeon when was the last time you tried to Palm a Flowbee?
Run Alex Run.

magicmike30
[quote]
On 2006-12-04 09:24, magicmike30 wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-12-02 03:19, Jessiah wrote:
[/quote]

This thread has warned our Fellow Magi, you would not believe how many people contacted me that they bought this crap with the other X threads locked.

I think Weird Al perfectly sums up this guy, trying to be something he is not and that is just well a bad parody.

Plus comeon when was the last time you tried to Palm a Flowbee?
Run Alex Run.

magicmike30
[/quote]

I don't get the Weird Al reference!
Alright, that's it, where does this kid live...
Mandrake somethings are better left a mystery;)

There was another X levi up on ebay yesterday.
I pm Peter and he took care of it.
Have heard much more on this from a legal stand point.
Any updates guys?
[quote]
On 2006-12-05 08:17, magicmike30 wrote:
Mandrake somethings are better left a mystery;)

There was another X levi up on ebay yesterday.
I pm Peter and he took care of it.
Have heard much more on this from a legal stand point.
Any updates guys?
[/quote]

Not from a legal stand point, but I have seen him posting replies on youtube for some of his other videos he has...so he's still alive and out there....
Well if you want to see a spoof on the X levi here it is.
The first part is about the X levi. When Alex roles around on the floor crying is quite funny must have really happened;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX-JkPeE9W0

magicmike30
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Dec 13, 2006 10:07AM)
Ah heck let's go backtrack his IP number to his provider and his PC and make sure he gets a wegie or something. Probably make the news. Roving band of magicians go do bad things to newbie... film at 11.

Up for a roadtrip?
Are we still feeding this kids ego. Lock this post, I think he feeds off of this. Why waste time on the con artists? Lets get out there and talk about productive things!!!!
Irish I thought it was funny is all. Instead of sending 20 pm's with the link I thought it would be approriate to post here.
Needed a good laugh with all the levi scandals this past year.
It shows the true colours of this kid through a parody and it aint Weird Al;)

magicmike30
Check this out http://www.axproductionslive.com

Apparently he is still not selling the x levitation but looks like he has a lot of other effects in the works.
I'm asking that kid if I can put that video on my new site...lol... too funny.
Aaah, memories.