(Close Window)
Topic: Mentors in your life
Hi Paul,
Did you have have any mentors in your life ? Magic or comedy
If so,can you tell us a little bit about them.
Thanks
Andrew
I never had a single mentor in Magic or Comedy. I try to observe and appreciate all that went before me and then I try to bring something different to the table. I have found that the difference is ME. The best way to be Original is to be yourself. You are unique. Do not try to emulate the ones you admire, you become a copyist. "Discover" yourself and then "Amplify" it for the stage. YOU ARE MAGIC.
Paul,

I thought Larry Taylor from your Philly days was a "mentor".
He gave you some wonderful advice if I recall.
Ed Oschmann
I love larry Taylor and he still gives me good advice! Let me "Redifine". When I said I had no single Mentor in Comedy or Magic...I meant no, one, individual that I exclusively "Mentored" with. And that's what mentoring means.
I must say that every Magician I have ever met made a difference in me. Some more than others, I do not have the time to list them all and might forget some names, but this holds true to life in general. We all have an affect on each other, we are all interconnected. People that have never met me have had a profound affect on me.And I with others...so therefore I "TRY" to be a force for positive...."TRY".