(Close Window)
Topic: Alma - Le Jeu Des Gobelets (english translation?)
Can anyone tell me if this has been translated into english? Ive read that this is one of the best resources on the cups (in times past I'm guessing) and would love to read it. Im sure it is long out of copywrite so hopefully someone has translated it.

Any info would be appreciated.

lint
It is neither available in English, nor out of copyright (note spelling). It was published in 1945, which would mean that, assuming that the author was still alive when it was published, the earliest it would possibly pass into the public domain would be 2015. French copyright has the duration of 70 years after the death of the author.

For more information on "copywrite" and "copyright," go to http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=127345&forum=171&5

If the author has assumed room temperature, then the rights would belong to his estate. It would be illegal to publish a translation of this work without clearing it with his heirs.
Bill, thank you for the lesson and info. always appreciated.

-todd
You are welcome. I wish the book were available in English. I found an original copy for 210. It has 138 pages. It was printed by Mayette in a limited edition.
Yeah I found the same copy. ill keep looking.

-lint
I think it's going to be one of those that is in about 3 or 4 dozen major collections...and one of them isn't mine!