Ackerman:

Invisible Jokers
Finally Matched

Others:

Mental Triumph
Martin Joyal's Poupart Trick
Steve Ehler's 3-Card Location

Anything missing?
ACAAN. Difficult to do with a MD but one of the greatest if you can do without showing your thinking.
Hello, sohib,

Tamariz's "Mnemonicosis" in Mnemonica.

BTW, where can I find AcKerman's "Invisible Jokers" and "Finally Matched"?
I checked up his books Las Vegas Kardma and Here's My Card in vain.

@Jay@
Any Card At Any Number
Histed Heisted

Four Stop Intersection is Simon Aronson's effect, it's in "Bound to Please".
I like that list a lot. Amazingly, it matches most of my own thoughts. ACAAN would be one of my additions, but that's been mentioned. Here's one more great one:

Unforgettable by Pit Hartling

Gianni
Named Cards to Pocket is a great one too. Tamariz has a few different ones in his book.
Where did you get Four Stop Intersection from Tamariz ?
I would add from Tamariz, Everything in order, maximum climax !
"Do You Want to Continue?" by Barrie Richardson from his excellent book TOTM. Although I have never used it before, I think this is a very good effect.
Divination is also good.
I can't wait to try some of these effects. I'm currenlty learning the Aronson stack.
What about Ackerman's Opener? It uses a tetradistic stack.. Amazing 3 phase routine with an impromptu invisible deck effect in the middle of it
Yo can do a STOP trick with a memo stack: let them name any card, deal the cards in their hand: when they say stop you deal out the named card. Very good as a impromptu effect.
[quote]
On 2006-11-26 03:24, Kjellstrom wrote:
Yo can do a STOP trick with a memo stack: let them name any card, deal the cards in their hand: when they say stop you deal out the named card. Very good as a impromptu effect.
[/quote]

How would this wok? Cut the deck then glide?
[quote]
On 2006-11-26 03:30, Drizz wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-11-26 03:24, Kjellstrom wrote:
[/quote]

How would this wok? Cut the deck then glide?
[/quote]

Estimation: Second Deal or Center Deal !
Try doing Richard Osterlind's routine with a MD. Even though he uses his BCS the routine could form the basis of a good MD routine. You could then add effects that do rely on a MD rather than just a cyclical stack.This could also form the basis of some good jazzing.
I'd have to say John Borns ACAAN using his meant to be system. Have not actually tried it yet, but after reading it, it lookes like its going to kill. If you have not read his book "meant to be" yet. Your missing an incredible read. Probably my favorite book of all time. Bakers Bested is another favorite of mine from his book as well.
Among these listed, I absolutely love Everybody's Lazy and Methods to Our Madness. ACAAN using an estimation cut followed by, if necessary, a DL (or TL) or Erdnase change. If you miss by more than that, you can work your way out of it, but you should probably spend more time working on your estimation cut. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I'm also partial to my own Jazzy Sarah.
[quote]
On 2006-11-25 23:59, Deluzion wrote:
Divination is also good.
[/quote]
Ah, of course! How could I fail to mention this?! A Divination routine that is structured well - such as the one Tamariz recommends in Mnemonica - is powerful indeed!

Posted: Nov 26, 2006 5:32pm
-------------------------------------------
[quote]
On 2006-11-25 17:15, Simon Bakker wrote:

Any Card At Any Number
Histed Heisted

Four Stop Intersection is Simon Aronson's effect, it's in "Bound to Please".
[/quote]
Simon, you're right. With such a lengthy list, I was bound to get something mixed up!

Posted: Nov 26, 2006 5:35pm
[quote]
On 2006-11-25 13:46, Steve Suss wrote:
ACAAN. Difficult to do with a MD but one of the greatest if you can do without showing your thinking.
[/quote]
As you imply Steve, it's all about presentation. I make the calculations as I talk and patter, and then do a turnover pass as I place the cards into the spectator's hands.

Posted: Nov 26, 2006 5:37pm
[quote]
On 2006-11-25 15:37, Jay Elf wrote:
Hello, sohib,

Tamariz's "Mnemonicosis" in Mnemonica.

BTW, where can I find Ackerman's "Invisible Jokers" and "Finally Matched"?
I checked up his books Las Vegas Kardma and Here's My Card in vain.

@Jay@
[/quote]
I do this all the time, and it is powerful!
Past Present and Future is great--and for the Future card I do a cold reading based on the Future's card's number and suit, before the reveal. It's very powerful.

Jack Shalom
Aronson's Twice as Hard is the most brilliant mem deck trick I know but very difficult to do the calculations while pattering.
[quote]
On 2006-11-26 01:33, MagicMan001 wrote:
What about Ackerman's Opener? It uses a tetradistic stack.. Amazing 3 phase routine with an impromptu invisible deck effect in the middle of it
[/quote]

I'm not sure what you're talking about with regard to "impromptu invisible deck effect." Ackerman OPENS with an invisible deck routine (from Elmsley). Ackerman's own impromptu ultra-mental routine is, in my opinion, not very good. Ackerman's opener is a four effect routine: 1) Invisible Deck; 2) Triumph; 3) Card Mind-Reading 4) Bringing any named four of a kind to the top of the deck in two shuffles (kicker: clumping every other four of a kind). The finale is amazing, and quite possibly one of the strongest card effects I have ever seen (even though I caught on to the method while watching the video, and I think he plays his kicker too quick: he should probably give the deck a couple blind shuffles). Still, Ackerman's Opener contains some incredibly powerful card magic.
My vote goes to:

Aronson's Histed Heisted--You devine up to 10 thought of cards! I've gotten fantastic reactions with this.
All Of A Kind by Tamariz--Spectator waves a card over the deck and all of the same value cards in the deck turn over. Very magical, visual, dramatic climax. Gotten very good reactions.

I LOVE Twice As Hard and Everybody's Lazy, but I haven't been able to get the same reactions.

Cesar
I just saw Ackerman lecture the other night, and his opening routine was a 10 card poker demonstration that was absolutely outstanding. I do not remember the name of the routine or the stack (it was a custom stack for the effect, not a regular stacked deck), but it was great!
Message: Posted by: ricardo carpenter (Jan 15, 2007 09:41AM)
2 cards in the pocket by Osterlind. it absokutely kills. a totally unexpected plot for the spectators.

jacques terrien
I can attest to the power of mnemonicosis...

I have been working with Tamariz mnemonicosis about 2 months now after I saw Tamariz fry allmost 400 people with it on live show and I hate to tell people about it... Its just way too good for people to know about...

I just had hard spectator last weekend on my local pub. After some routines the young lady started to get challenging. Usually I try to stay away from challenges but I had my deck stacked so I thought to give it a shot. She was doing the common "I am thinking of a card, can you find it?" I did her mnemonicosis first time and she cutted right into her card. She started to look like she had seen a ghost and went to laidies room without saying a word... Few minutes passed by and she came back and asked can I do that again. I just nodded that of course, but to keep it interesting, lets make it little different. Same thing, I did mnemonicosis again and she just named any small number and counted to her though of card... Around 2 hours later she was about to leave and I thought to finish of her brain damage and did her the mnemonicosis with telephone (Mnemonica owner know what I am talking about) and I can swore that she didn't sleep well that night...

"don't just fool em now, fool em forever! The more they think about it, the more they hurt themselves" Jamy Ian Swiss

Imagine, never again problems with "I am thinking of a card, find it because I am not telling it to you (for you to cull it out)" Mnemonicosis totally solves this, you put the deck on the table and clearly state that you wont touch it ever again cos you allready found out the spectators thought of card and he/she hasnt even named it yet...
Bob Cassidy's Card Memory is great, and you can do it in close-up or on stage. In fact, it is his finale on stage. See also Chan Canata's work.
If you're looking for thorough list of memorized deck effects, check out all the card effects under "covert use of memory technique" in my [url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/397402/MemoryEffects]Memory Effects list[/url].
[quote]
On 2007-11-22 14:54, Scott Cram wrote:
If you're looking for thorough list of memorized deck effects, check out all the card effects under "covert use of memory technique" in my [url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/397402/MemoryEffects]Memory Effects list[/url].
[/quote]
Hey Scott
Tried to load this but it just stopped @ 0%.
I'm working on the road off a weird WiFi source, maybe that has something to do with the failure.
Is the list too long to copy to the thread?
Larry

and for the list:
THE THREE HOURS from MNEMONICA (adapted to the Aronson stack)
Thanks for the notice!

I've re-installed the list at scribd.com, and it is now working again at [url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/397402/MemoryEffects]that same location[/url].

You can also do a direct download of [url=http://members.cox.net/econalc/files/MemoryEffects.pdf]MemoryEffects.PDF[/url] by going to my [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/]Grey Matters blog[/url] and looking for it under downloads.
Thanks, Scott!
Looks very interesting.
Open Index with the Mullica Wallet. I'm practically making a living with this routine.
[quote]
On 2007-11-25 14:20, Scott Cram wrote:
Thanks for the notice!

I've re-installed the list at scribd.com, and it is now working again at [url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/397402/MemoryEffects]that same location[/url].

You can also do a direct download of [url=http://members.cox.net/econalc/files/MemoryEffects.pdf]MemoryEffects.PDF[/url] by going to my [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/]Grey Matters blog[/url] and looking for it under downloads.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder Scott, I downloaded this last year and it's excellent!!
John Born's handling of ACAAN in Meant to Be is my favorite. Very easy to perform with some practice. I use it with the Six Hour Memorized Deck and it is a killer.
[quote]On 2007-11-30 09:25, H2Odesign wrote:
Thanks for the reminder Scott, I downloaded this last year and it's excellent!![/quote]
I'd like to second that sentiment. It's a very useful and comprehensive resource.
Great stories and great effects! I particularly enjoyed the account of one poster lobotomising a challenging spectator with Mnenomicosis!!

My addition, while not strictly a mem deck is Sal Piacente's Memory Opener (based on an earlier routine by Marlo). It play well with a gambling theme as well as a straightforward memory test.

Best,
Vlad

PS I love Aronson's Bait and Switch .... simply diabolical
Darwin Ortiz latest lecture notes: [b]The Ephemeral[/b] (booklet or DVD, 2007) includes an amazing effect using any kind of memorized stack.

TEST YOUR LUCK.

Check it out, its a great routine.
The routine is very practical, on the table or in the hands.

I have tried/practised the effect on several laymen (friends) and they were amazed. Sure.

The DVD, buy it, it includes only blockbuster card effects: http://www.internationalmagic.com/ (watch a video trailer from the dvd)