(Close Window)
Topic: Rough & Smooth HELP
Its been a long time but when you rough and smooth cards does the fluid go on the face of one card and the back of the other card or does it just need to be on one of the cards..
Treat both surfaces of any pair that you wish to behave properly.
Thanks Michael..thats what I thought
That's a very good hint... but don't expect it to last forever. Some fluids or sprays may hold on longer. Anyway, you have to renew it after some time. But it's absolutely right: it's always better to prepare both sides. This will also improve to "refresh new layers" at a second preparation. But after this is "worn" again, I would recommend to prepare a new pack.
I'm going to guess there's possibly a language barrier at play here, but it's not "better" to prepare both sides, it's absolutely mandatory.

If you only do one side she don't be workin' for ya'!
The roughing fluid will go on different areas, depending on the effect you're using it for. I have some decks that I've treated over 12 years ago, and they still work like new. But, then again, I make IDs out of PVC cards.
I just started playing around with roughing fluid and I have a question. I used Krylon and the cards came out fine but they smell like Krylon. Does the smell go away? I don't think I put too much on (though I could be mistaken). Have any of you had issues with your cards smelling like they've been treated?

Thanks,

Kevin
[quote]
On 2006-12-25 10:09, kroberge wrote:
I just started playing around with roughing fluid and I have a question. I used Krylon and the cards came out fine but they smell like Krylon. Does the smell go away? I don't think I put too much on (though I could be mistaken). Have any of you had issues with your cards smelling like they've been treated?

Thanks,

Kevin
[/quote]

The smell will go away.

Cheers! ;)
By the way, if you're in a tight jam, you know your ID has lost some of its roughage, hairspray is a perfect quick fix. ;)
[quote]
On 2006-12-25 23:58, AaronTheMagician wrote:
By the way, if you're in a tight jam, you know your ID has lost some of its roughage, hairspray is a perfect quick fix. ;)
[/quote]

It may be a quick fix, (I've never got hairspray to work right!), but you will ultimately detroy the deck. Might as well keep your ID in good working order.

FWIW

Cheers! ;)
Has anyone used roughing fluid on anything other than playing cards? In other words, can the ID principle be used on other things, like pictures or something else?
Yup, record albums spring to mind
Records! ROFL

It should work on most inherently smooth items, try business cards for all blank to printed effect.
Acmp,

actorscotty was referring to the album covers or jackets.

Cheers! ;)
Thanks stanton, yes old Copperfield routine , talking about fave albums, now a collectors item etc, mental effect
Don Wayne's Top Ten, credited to David Copperfield and Billy McComb. Similar effect to McCombical Prediction Deck, but with record album covers.