(Close Window)
Topic: I posted a new video
Hi guys I just posted on Youtube an effect you might like to view. I have a better version of the matriXpress and the newer version of Photo Finish. Let me know what you think...good or bad...

Cheers,

Shawn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtliwkJjl0A matriXpress & Photo Finish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nE0lvkf0Do Current promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYNAwdFH9M Shape of my Heart routine
Hi Shawn,

Congratulations...You are a brilliant performer...
The matriXpress is a super idea...

Best,

Zerin
Hi Shawn!

Great routine! I loved this when you did it in your lecture! Good to see that again! :)

All the best,

Mesquita
Hi Shawn.I'm Broccoli from Japan.(Real name is Koudai)

Well,

Wonderful!!!

Just I'm now going to beat typing and heart.

The effect exceeded the category of understanding.
After it sees repeatedly hundreds of times,the mechanism has come into view dimly.
However,the wall of the mystery that existed in the basis was not able to be broken.

Oh,God...Thank you for teaching existence of magic.
I decided to believe in God on the time,though I'm Japanese.

Then, See you later.

http://hp.kutikomi.net/buroko/
The final "pop" of the chip off the card KILLED me...

Nicely done man!
Nice~~~ I liked the Matrix routine you did. Very special and unique- the type of magic I like. Keep up the great work!

Best,
msc455magic
Shawn your "Shape of my Heart" routine is beautiful. I simply enjoyed this routine. Very very good handling. Smooth and elegant.

Your coin routine is great also.

Looks like I'm going to try and talk my wife into a cruise just to see your show.

Congratulations and nicely done.
[quote]
On 2006-12-09 06:50, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Let me know what you think...good or bad...
[/quote]

Neither... your freakin' awesome!
They're all good.

I've already told you how much I love your Shape of my heart, still the best performance of an ACR I've EVER seen.

And your matrix was real good as well.

As well as the promo.

All good in my opinion.
Wow, mate...that Shape of my heart, just excellent. OFf to watch the others now...
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. I have been working on the Photo Finish effect for a long time and only began tipping it at lectures this year. I am learning the fine art of editing and final cut Pro...thanks for the encouragement...

Cheers,

Shawn
I liked the promo. One small minor thing and this may ONLY be me.

I think the music got a bit redundant. I would like to hear more audience cheering than music for a promo.

Again ONLY a small thing, and ONLY a matter of taste. I liked it a lot.
I think "Shape of my heart" is perhaps the prettiest display of magic that I have seen. Not only is it a wonderful ACR, but the elegance and personal connection is fabulous.
I always love watching your magic Shawn! You truly are a champion in my books. Thanks for tha inspiration. Happy Christmas man!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
Wow, "Shape Of My Heart" was fantastic! One of the best performances to one of the best songs.

Maybe Sting would consider doing a Music Video with you. You never know.

Thanks for sharing that great routine.
Hi Bill, Nice thought...I have talked to some folks in his camp but nothing solid...

Hi Danny,

I like the idea of hearing the crowd...will work on it in the new year..

Rannie and Keith, Thanks for the kind words...

Cheer,

Shawn Farquhar
It's up there with DC's Grandfather's Aces.
[quote]
On 2006-12-24 18:11, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hi Bill, Nice thought...I have talked to some folks in his camp but nothing solid...

Hi Danny,

I like the idea of hearing the crowd...will work on it in the new year..

Rannie and Keith, Thanks for the kind words...

Cheer,

Shawn Farquhar
[/quote]

Glad it came out well and not harsh. I liked the video and the work!
One more thing I'd like to add. The reason I like this is because the music tells the story the performer has the focus of performing.
Shawn Farquhar,

They are indeed lovely routines to watche,very proffessional, I lloovve your style man, it is very kool.

thanks for the links and keep up that good work of yours.

Have a Happy new Year and everybody else here.

Mano.
Wow shape of my heart made me cry it was so beautiful. I can barely imagine how much practice you have gone thru to get to that level.

DM
Hi shawn.i'm from greece. may be remember me by the academy of magic with julianna and kevin james. very very good job. congratulations. the Shape of my Heart routine is very beautifull.

-Haris-
Hi close_uper,

I had a blast in Greece. I had hoped to return this year but my contract with the cruise line comes first as they have been my client for the past seven years. This years show is going to be lots of fun...

Cheers,

Shawn
That's great Magic, and I've seen your other vidoes too Shawn and you ROCK Brother, ROCK !!! Not only that I LOVE the music. Fan of Horror Movies will know that's from the "Scream Trilogy". What's the name Shawn of that song? Again GREAT JOB. You do any mentalism too? Ed, (Eddini).
Hey there,

The song is called Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the bad seeds... I do a little Mentalism but not a lot...love to watch it though...

Cheers,

Shawn
Very Nice and smooth! If I didn't know better, I would think you had some trick photography.
Yeah no trick photography. I do it all the time in the real world and at magic connventions and sell the effect at my website. It does look clean enough to be an edit or something...but it's just how you would see it live...

Cheers,

Shawn
[quote]
On 2007-01-15 02:38, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hey there,

The song is called Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the bad seeds... I do a little Mentalism but not a lot...love to watch it though...

Cheers,

Shawn
[/quote]

That's cool. So what Exactly are the Mentalism Effects you do? I see you do some Stage and Parlour so for some reason I can see you do the Stage Version of "Mental Epic", am I right? I am....cool. How's that for MIND READING ... HaHaHa. What other Mentalism effects do you do? Thanks Shawn, Ed, (Eddini).
I'd heard about this Shape of My Heart routine. It appears to have been over-hyped and upon viewing I was a bit disappointed. Personally, I found it to be a bit redundant, convoluted, and technically lacking. I would suggest you trim it down to just 3 piles of 7 cards. Just joking Shawn!!! Excellent routine!!! Glad I finally got a chance to see it.

It was a pleasant surprise to meet up with you and Lori in Vegas. What were the chances?!?!

Brian
Hey Mr. Farquhar

I loved the bit with popping the chip off of the photo card.
Also, Shape of my Heart, very beautiful piece.

Is there anywhere to see a video of your Cubs and Balls?
I can assure you, his cups and balls are a thing of a beauty!
Shawn THAT WAS AWSOME,,,,,,,,,,,,, up close abd in your face magic
congradulations
vinny
I'll work on posting something with the cups soon. Just worried folks will want to borrow it when they get to see it lots...Had one nice guy write to ask if it was ok to do my Shape routine in his country... After all he worked on it for months off of the video on youtube.... Had to say NO but most don't get why...

Shawn
People can't just leave creative works alone - until they try to built a routine by themselves and realize how much creativity and hard work it takes.

Great card to sealed deck routine too btw. I really love your work!
I know what you mean about people "borrowing."

I've cut back a LOT on what I share now because of it. It is sad really, for me. I just love sharing magic with anyone.

Glenn
This must be the 5th time I watched your Shape of My Heart routine. I never tire of watching it. Almost makes me cry.
This is magical ART at its highest.

Now if I just can get that injog shuffle of Royal Road Chapter 1 to go a bit smoothly ....

Ciao for now

Erik
This must be the 5th time I watched your Shape of My Heart routine. I never tire of watching it. Almost makes me cry.
This is magical ART at its highest.

Now if I just can get that injog shuffle of Royal Road Chapter 1 to go a bit smoothly ....

Ciao for now

Erik
Thanks for sharing.