(Close Window)
Topic: Riffle Shuffle Techniques
Paul,

It was great seeing you work at TAOM this year. I'm interested in your refined riffle shuffle techniques on cull, stock and control methods. I've heard your working on a manuscript/book like this and was wondering what we may find inside it when its published.

SW
Hey SW - love your book!

I am still pencilling ideas to include in such a manuscript. It might appear early next year, if I get time to write it. I just spent two months on another booklet - I write slow!

The Riffle Shuffle work will include riffle culls, strategies and setups. I also have some neat stacking ideas and ways to set up the next phase as you perform the last (if that makes sense).

I have a neat riffle palm, too, that will appear, plus a cool false shuffle you might not have seen before.

I had a great time at TAOM and was really glad I went. Chuck Smith (and NB) was the highlight - incredible guy. I think I spent three days straight with him in the bar!

P
Hi Paul, Nice to see you online. Hope you get back to Hong Kong soon. Chuck Smith is one of the guys I would love to meet one day. Any stories on how you three days were with him?

Sean
Chuck was one of those people I had heard about for years. Stories about his magic and personality were told to me by Jennings, Norm Beck, Steve Forte and others.

Meeting Chuck was a real delight. He was everything I'd heard about and more. Charming, funny, intelligent and very creative. He fooled me over and over and it was a wonderful to bounce ideas off of him.

His books are well worth looking for. They're packed with devilishly clever ideas.

It's great when someone actually exceeds their reputation.

P
Hi Paul ~

I was at TAOM and hanging out just behind you during a little session with Norman and Richard Turner. Norman did the bridge deal memorization. Pretty impressive demo by Norman. Didn't introduce myself for some reason.

I am glad you were able to meet Chuck. He is something else. Incredible magic and his thinking just goes on an on in many different areas.

Question - was he at all what you expected? I find many people aren't sure what to think when they meet him. He has stretched my thinking in many ways over the years. A real treasure.

~ Dan