(Close Window)
Topic: Axtell's "Big Baby" Product / Invitation to you!
Okay I know I've been quiet on here lately, but I've been up to something "BIG".

A few of few of you have seen this in development for a few weeks, and now I'd like to open this up for discussion among all my Magic Café friends. This is a new internet concept on ways to make products better (include the customers in advance) A few leading companies and movies are doing this.

Axtell Expressions has a killer new concept called "Big Babies". This is a comedy prop that works well as a cross-over item for many different types of performers. Warning...it is a show stealer. A full time performer Sylvia Markson, created this and brought it to us. It's been tested for a few years and it kills! It is in development right now, and will be out in the first part of 2007.

For magicians, imagine saying to your audience, "People always ask me how I got started in Magic, let me show you". Then you put on some time-travel music / sound effects and then reveal yourself as a young magician! Check this out

(sorry for the very very long downloads of the flash files...I haven't figured out how to reduce their sizes yet. We will improve this too).

http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html

We are opening this up for your ideas on how you would use it, how to make it better, new ideas and ways to use this in a magic show. We can't implement every idea but we'll listen, and we will share your performance ideas (family friendly) on our website. Mike Bent suggested a wonderful idea making the hands "live" with sleeves for your real hands to come up and you can do sleight of hand stuff as a baby. Even pull props out of the diapers. He can elaborate....

Other ideas? Let me know what you think!

Ax
>>We are opening this up for your ideas on how you would use it, how to make it better,

*Include the ability to jet water onto the audience from the diaper area.

*Can the performer turn in a 360' circle under there? If so it would give the illusion of the baby's head spinning in a circle! (like in the exorcist)

*I agree it must have the ability to allow your hands to come out AND go back under for other props.

Great job Steve, looks cool.
Steve, all my creative energy is going into Christmas shows right now, but I LOVE this! Ideas will come in the New Year, God willing. Could you make one up to look like a PIRATE baby? I guess it wouldn't be too hard to customise....how about a built-in fart machine?
Ax,

I cannot access this web link. Have tried four times today.

Tod
I can't get it to load, either.
Same here - the site seems to be down temporarily
Worked for me. Make sure you give it enough time to load.

Great idea Steve! Just a thought, but maybe it could be used like Ken Scott's Fantasy Magician.

I guess I better start saving my nickels!

Keith
I love it!!!

Hey Steve ...How small will it roll up? Why will the bodies be made out of latex? I would prefer not ...so that it will last more than 8 to 10 years...I love the idea of the squirting water ...this one is a winner !!
Now I can see it - very funny :D Steve - I will try to brainstorm and let you know.
Ax ,
A superb , visual and very funny Prop . I am sure you will get plenty of ideas from the Café members , I think being able to use your own hands " Fantasy Magician " style is a must . I also love the idea of producing something from the diaper and squirting water!!!lol.

I will have to put my thinking hat on and maybe post some thoughts tomorrow .Can't stop laughing at this and will have to start saving.
Magically yours
John .
I had another look, and I think your product is already a winner, Ax. The possibilities for routines are endless, but I'm wondering if the prop itself could have any special features that would make it more versatile?

I like the idea of being able to use your own hands, but I also wonder if that would spoil the illusion somewhat, as now the baby has a big adult head, and big adult hands. Would the baby's arms, and the sleeves for an adult's arms, be interchangeable?

I don't see the problem with using latex - if the prop lasts 10 years and is still earning, surely folks would just buy a new one?

This routine would be great for a birthday party, get Dad into the "costume", and the kids would go wild!
That is hilarious!! Now I can finally act my age!

Rick
Apologies for the page errors....our server had a complete system crash. I believe the site is up now, although the flash video still takes for-ev-er to load. You guys crack me up with the ideas.

Anyway, whatever we end up with is going to just be ..... KILLER!!!!! I'm so excited. Keep them coming!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ax
Hi Steve :)

It will be great to have an Axtrax CD routine with the Big Babies! I will be the first to grab both the baby boy & girl! :)

BTW, I listened to your advice & took the Toucan....it goes very well with the animated arms, and is a hit with the kids :)

Thanks again :)
JY
What a fantastic new Toy. I would love one with the Live Hand Option for my Balloon Shows. I could use it for a flash back sequence to when I twisted my very first balloon animal.
Very Good ideas! "My First Balloon Animal" is great! I've heard from a juggler (Mike Hemmelgarn) that he will use it to show how he "started juggling" (tossing baby bottles, teddy bear etc.)

The torso, arms and legs are latex. Most foam and fabric will get so dirty in a few years it doesn't have any advantage. Latex looks just like flesh for the illusion.

The size is an issue. The bed base needs to be large and flat to support the body and provide you with the workspace. I've given a lot of thought to a folding bed, but it doesn't save much space and really increases the cost. So....it will probably be in a big box. Your ideas here for saving space are very welcome!

Another idea for a magician is this....what if we put a magic top hat down near the baby's feet mounted to the bed with a hole in the bottom. Then the baby (holding a magic wand) makes things appear from inside the hat. The illusion is very strong because if the latex arms are used (instead of live hands) your real hands are free underneath the bed hidden, and can raise objects up and into the hat (perhaps props on rods). Baby waves wand....produces bottle of milk showing in hat....waves it again....bottle goes down...Coca Cola comes up! Baby does evil laugh and audience howls! Teddy bear is transformed into a Barbie doll, etc. The illusion would be very strong because the baby's hands are active above the bed, and the top hat is way down at the bottom. Not "real magic" but really funny!

I don't have a working model yet with your real hands in sleeves. It won't look as cute, but it will be funny and have more possibilities for sleight of hand and manipulation of objects. Mike Bent share your "magician's secret" idea! Very funny with sucking your thumb and vanishing silks!

Also there is the ethnic / skin color issue. We will make them in different options (White, Black, Brown skin, etc.) like we do our people puppets. But still, you are limited to either using yourself, or calling up the appropriate ethnic volunteer that will match.

Think about if you used it on a volunteer (not on yourself). That's what the creator of this (Sylvia Markson) does on her cruise ship act. You can read what she does as a vent on the site http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html How could a magician use this? Turn someone into a baby..... Use magic to "hypnotize" them back into their childhood.

What about using a big black fabric covering over the entire thing while you "rig them up" (there is velcro around the neck, some instructions to whisper - I'm putting a baby bed over you, sit forward a little, use the rods to move the baby's arms and legs,etc.) Then whip off the black fabric to reveal the rig. It's kind of cumbersome thing, but so is putting it on them in full view of the audience. Ideas here for how to get it on and off as part of the routine. Many magicians do not have the advantage of stage curtains and assistants.

I know this is a really busy time for all of us, so thanks for your thoughts in between all the holiday performances! Think about your current show and how this might fit in. Even if you don't want to use it, your ideas could help others with their act.

Ax
If afforded the luxury of a stage with wing space, you could step off stage as the "way back" harp music plays along with a voice over possibly about starting out in magic at an early age, etc.

At the right moment, you costumed in the gimmick and seated in an office chair with rollers, glide out to center stage to do the bits... The skirting around the "crib" hides the office chair and the gliding on stage and off lends to the "flashback" / "dreamy" mood that one might want to present with this. Fog optional...

A good lead-in to the effect would be the Baby Gag effect
(see http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1255 )

One could also work a rattle box monte type of an effect into it - substituting the boxes for actual baby rattles if doing a talking routine.

Seems that a vanishing milk pitcher or the jug by Dan Harlan would be easy to work into this bit.

How about some music? Hit Me Baby One More Time, I'm not That Innocent, Santa Baby (for holiday shows), I Want Candy, uga chuka/hooked on a feeling song from Ally McBeal

Balloon artists - a pump under the gimmick, with a hose going through (behind the diaper) so that it looks like Baby inflates the ballon by pooting into it???

Baby food in mouth / mouth coil out...

Balloon swallow bit. Babies put everything in their mouth...

Big glass of milk beside crib, baby can't reach it so he cries... Then in a moment of inspiration, reaches into his diaper for an eight foot appearing straw (appearing pole that looks like a straw) problem solved...

Adult shows? Baby reaches into back of diaper and removes a t**d (really a Baby Ruth candy bar) then proceeds to eat it - being very messy about it...

Lyndel
Steve,

Question(s): Does one have to strap on the gear or is it an instant "step behind and into" set-up? :magician:

Is the Big Baby set-up suitable for roving or is it best suited for stationary (ie: stage only)? :worry:

Rick
Good question..Right now, the one you see on the site with latex hands, is made to first put on the bonnet, then sit down and put the rig over you, and velcro it around your neck. The bottom rests on your knees (which is why you sit forward) so your knees down bulge out in front. A nice straight skirt around the bed is the best illusion and doesn't reveal the "big person" underneath.

If you had a scooter or wheelchair for roving it would be good....or we could make an extra long skirt for walk-arounds / walk-abouts. However, that's a lot of fabric and you're way up in the air. When you come "down" for a kid to see you, all the fabric would be all over the ground.

Ax
How compact will it be?
Whatever you decide to do in order to complete production - I WANT ONE

Happy Holidays,
Dani
Ax ,
I love the idea of the " TOP HAT " at the babies feet , any productions would indeed be very magical..i was thinking about vanishes also ( a Silk , after a few productions and much laughter...an assistant comes up to help with the final production , but wait it is stuck , after a bit of byplay and much laughter out pops a diaper...and guess what !! yours has vanished and in it's place covering your little bit's ( it's a family show )..lol is the silk you vanished earlier with " THE END " printed on it !!!.

I do not know how practical this would be...would need a duplicate diaper that splits some how ( Velcro ), vanishes out of site onto your lap under the cover. The duplicate and the original would have to be attached somehow to aid in the vanish of the original diaper...i will leave this up to the EXPERTS...still would be a very funny routine , to add to a visually funny prop .

Yours Magically John .
What about a sound track for it?

Would you like the idea of the "let's go back in time" thing? Time travel sound effects (modern music, mixed into older music 80's - 70's - 60's.....into lullaby music for the baby reveal?) Then what?

What about a baby sound effects routine, with cries and burps, and giggles, and cries....all timed out to a routine.... perhaps some music, like "Shake Rattle and Roll" that the baby has to dance to?

What about the Hokey Pokey (You put your left hand in you put your left hand out, etc.) that a volunteer has to move all the rods so the baby does it correctly.

Give that some thought, and realize that since we are a "family friendly" company we won't be doing anything nasty with the product.

The squirter is something we've considered as an add-on option (like we use on our squirting Elephant puppet, but the position of said nozzle would mean the bed and the baby would get wet from the after spray, and there are problems with that causing the expensive prop to get dirty faster and even mold from the wetness and storage, perhaps instead, a squirting bottle prop....You could probably do it over your shoulder at the audience and it would still be very funny.

Ax
Love it, Ax... and the top hat idea would be a hit. I just emailed to be put on the Waiting List. Can't wait!
Doug
I think a sound track with music, songs and sound effects would complete the package.

If you ask me, I think it looks great just the way it is on your site.

I have just ordered your product - 'the cry baby' and would intend using this in conjunction with the 'Big Baby'.

One of my ideas for a routine (that I have started planning) would be to hear a baby crying off stage > walk off stage for a second and pick up the cry baby > perform cry baby bits in my arms > calm cry baby down and put him in a pram > rock cry baby to sleep > point to a spectator (adult) who was laughing during the cry baby bits > invite him on stage > ask him how he would feel if every one laughed at him? > sit him in chair > put on bonnet > whisper some instrucions as I cover him up > let the fun begin.

At the end of the routine, when everyone claps their applause, the little cry baby starts screaming again because he has just been woken up and I thank the volunteer for doing such a good job at disturbing the litle baby :) and so I calm the baby down and sit the volunteer in the chair again on stage and perform the growing and shrinking head illusion on him. then I send him back to his seat and continue with the show.
Every so often the baby will (in the pram) will burp, fart, make noises, cry, giggle etc.

I might choose/give this participant some pre show prep.
I think simple is best and the way it currently looks on the website is just great. a top hat would restrict your ability to routine this in multiple ways although it is a very good 'magical' way of performing this on yourself. I think that if you're performing this on yourself, you are also restricted with regards to audience control because your body is out of sight and you would have to rely solely on verbal and facial expressions to keep control especially if you intend using this for younger audiences.

The Top hat could be an option.

Squirting bottles and large dummies and rattles and other bits would be great accessories if you could supply them seperately or in a bundle.

the music and sound effects get my vote.

Enjoy,
Dani
I agree that the top hat might be an option... along with other accessories. Probably should offer it just the way it looks on the site now... and allow people to add to it.
Doug
So, I see several versions of the product:

LATEX HANDS VERSION - Boy / Girl

HUMAN HANDS VERSION - (use your real hands in sleeves) Boy / Girl

OPTIONS:
Top Hat mounted to bed
Squirter / or squirting baby bottle
Sound Effects Routine on CD with Time Travel Music...

Anything else come to mind?
Steve, how practical would it be to make the latex hands/real hands versions interchangeable? If it were possible to use either it would make the prop more versatile. It seems to me that if I bought the latex hands version, I might later regret it and wish I had the real hands, and vice-versa.
Also, what about a babies potty instead of the top hat? That would be more appropriate, perhaps?
Doug
[quote]
On 2006-12-20 04:47, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Also, what about a babies potty instead of the top hat? That would be more appropriate, perhaps?
Doug
[/quote]

Or perhaps a diaper bag...

Lyndel
Could you make a non latex version ? made out of a vinyl ?
Ax,

I think this product is a real winner!

I like the idea of the top hat, but could it be attached to the bed with velcro so that it could be removed at times. You could make the blanket so that it folds over the opening when you don't want to use the top hat, or other prop like a diaper bag.

I also like the idea by Potty the Pirate of the interchangeable latex hands/real hands with the basic unit. This would make it more versatile.

I sent you an email to be put on your waiting list for a big baby boy.

Keep up the great work,
Mike
Cardone - if we make an alternative to the latex body it would probably be fabric. Ax
I think if one can get about five of these, a Baby YMCA song number would be so funny :)

As usual, this will be another Axtell Hit Product :)

More power Steve!!!

Wanlu
What about the following:

-adding a squirting device in the diaper area where the performer can squeeze and the a little stream of water shoots out toward the audience!

-using fake poop to practice your original sleight of hand routine. Talk about your first days of magic, then reach into the diaper and pull out the fake poop, a performer can make it vanish and appear back in the diaper, almost like egg from the mouth, but everytime the baby removes the poop it comes back to the diaper!

-I really like the idea of using your real hands as opposed to fake ones, just for the routine option, but because how funny would that be to see a guy with big arms on a little baby! (should be an option for both!

Great Idea
Dmm: yeah, everything sounds good except that second item. You probably won't get invited back real soon with that one...
:)
How about a two person mind reading act (comedy) with an assistant? The baby would be the receiver. Could be hysterical with the right patter. Baby jokes galore!
Thanks Steve ..Fabric would be great !
Very funny, I like it plain & simple. It's a kodak moment for the audience to see one of them look like a little baby. With proper routine & music, can be real winner.

How big & bulky is this for transportation & setup? Will it come w/bag to transport?
Dangit, there goes my annual magic budget out the door! Thanks Ax!

One thing before you finish these, can the Big Baby colors be INTERCHANGED? Like from blue for boy to pink for girl, so I won't need to buy two. It'll be ready whether it's for a girl's bday party or a boy's bday party.

Maybe the fabrics can be velcroed?
I think the key to this item would be not to overdo it. Keep it simple. The build up to the reveal of the big baby should represent the bulk of the routine. I can see a lot of performers milking this item far too much. In the right hands it would be hilarious though. Wonderful item Ax. Sylvia has come up with a real winner!!
1. What if the ONLY version we made was ALL FABRIC (no latex) and live hands (no fake hands)? Would that be a big fat ugly mistake or just perfect for 99% of you?

2. Should both Boy and Girl clothes both come with the set? Or separate units? YOU HELP US DECIDE!!!!

3. Re: Bathroom humor.....Hmmm... We won't be selling any fake poop. If you do it, that's your biz. Squirter is being considered, but is that worth the cost to 100% of them, or should it be an option?

4. If we make only live hand options, should we include a pacifier, rattle and bottle?

5. How important is an Axtell produced CD to do the routine?

Do you think it's okay to do the squirter in kids shows / schools? Or, is this something you are reserving for adult shows? I need to know your thoughts. Is it cute or gross? Different cultures view it differently, I realize. Let me know your thoughts on 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Thanks!

Ax
1. What if the ONLY version we made was ALL FABRIC (no latex) and live hands (no fake hands)? Would that be a big fat ugly mistake or just perfect for 99% of you?

I think that is how I would use it, no fake hands.

2. Should both Boy and Girl clothes both come with the set? Or separate units? YOU HELP US DECIDE!!!!

How about just something neutral? Reds, yellows or greens?

3. Re: Bathroom humor.....Hmmm... We won't be selling any fake poop. If you do it, that's your biz. Squirter is being considered, but is that worth the cost to 100% of them, or should it be an option?

Fake poop! Why didn't I think of that?...leave a hole (at least) for the option for us to add a squirter.

4. If we make only live hand options, should we include a pacifier, rattle and bottle?

No need, those are easy enough to buy from WalMart, and some may not use them.

5. How important is an Axtell produced CD to do the routine?

Personally, I would never use a pre-done routine, you might want to make it an option.

Do you think it's okay to do the squirter in kids shows / schools?

Absolutely!

Is it cute or gross?

Neither. It's funny.

Thanks for asking our thoughts Steve!
-aaron
[quote]
On 2007-01-06 22:52, axtell wrote:
Do you think it's okay to do the squirter in kids shows / schools? Or, is this something you are reserving for adult shows? I need to know your thoughts. Is it cute or gross?
Thanks!
Ax
[/quote]
I do a gag where I shout out, "Hey, do you guys want some FREE stuff?" The kids always yell back, "Yeah!"... I then pull out a water bottle and start squirting it out into the audience.

Hey, free stuff or pee stuff, they'll both get the big laughs. I also think they will know (at least the adults) that it's only water. :worry:

Rick Mearns
I was actually looking forward to your Ax trak with simple songs and sound effects (no need for a full vent routine but just general baby googles and gurgles, giggles and crying and wailing sounds - maybe some light snoring, burping and farting). I could realy use this both with the big baby and the cry baby product.

Unisex is in today, and as Aaron said above - a neutral color would probably be the answer.

Squirting could be an option.

Pacifier, rattle and bottle should be part of the bundle in my opinion.

I quite like latex rather than fabric and the inside arm rods on fake hands looks like it would be more fun for an audience volunteer because if he had to put his real arms through he might not know what to do with them and just leave them flat on the bed. arm rods can just go 'up and down' whilst you ask him questions or play some baby tunes and sounds.

Dani
***Idea :worry:

You could wear a pirate's hat and have pirate props and be Pirates of the Crib-bean. :angrypirate:

Rick Mearns
Hey Ax. Is there a way to make the bed fold up like a magic shade. You know the sun shield for car windshields. Those bend up into a small circle. Could that be a good way of packing it smaller? Just a thought. Love the new product!!

Dave
Steve I love it!!!! I am on the list please let me know when this becomes available. I can't wait to use it. Can you imagine Chuckles the clown as a baby. Humm I wonder what a baby clown eats.... Oh well can't wait. chuck
Don't know about a clown, but I think a baby Einstein would eat baby formula... something like [b]E = mc²[/b]. :baby2:

Rick
So many good ideas from you all...thanks! Okay, we have updated the design of the Big Babies with some very cool features and a new demo page.

All fabric body - lower cost and lighter weight!

Human arm feature - now you can use your real hands, suck thumb, hold things and do magic!

Diaper Storage area - very large prop compartment completely empty hollow inside the diaper! Pull out a rabbit, a squirt gun, a bottle, a production item, etc!

We'll be refining this in the next few weeks and already have a mega waiting list with many of you on it..... let me know what you think!

Ax
Looks awesome, Ax! I've been on the waiting list for a number of weeks. Now... when do you think these will be ready to ship? Many thanks, Ax... and keep up the great work!
Doug
I'm pretty sure we'll start shipping to the first ones on the list in 2 weeks! The CD will not be ready by then however....so now is the time to let me know anything you think would make a great CD.

I'm thinking of a "going back in time" kind of background music with lots of harp in it so you can talk over it as you get dressed up (or as they dress someone else up) and then it settles to a lullaby xylophone music - sleepy.....restless sleepy sounds.....laughing.....sleepy sound......(sucking thumb).....then huge cry! WAAAAHHH.......(similar to my cry on the clip) .... music changes to anxious rhytmns during crying....until he spots his diaper......music at that point should probably become comical and just be a loop so you could let it go as long as you decide, or fade it out, for your unique routine etc. Then perhaps some outro tag music for when you take it off and take your bow. Any other ideas welcome.....burps, farts,....nothing too gross though.

Might be kind of fun to start drinking a bottle then start crying (gas) then look around for mommy (gone) start crying more....then start tapping yourself on the back....big burp......then calm down....then a fart.....then go cross-eyed and hold your nose....then start crying again.......then what?
The Baby bed measures about 3 feet (36 inches) in length and 2 feet wide. How important would it be to be able to fold the bed in half to 1.5 feet instead of 3 feet? We would have to then put in some kind of brace across the fold to keep it strong ready for performing, but it's possible to do. You thoughts on the folding as well as the CD. Thanks.

Ax
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Mar 30, 2007 10:49PM)
This looks like a complete winner...I've sent Betsy an email to be added to the wait list. Between you and Chance Wolf I'm going to go broke!
[quote]
On 2007-03-30 23:49, The Great Smartini wrote:
This looks like a complete winner...I've sent Betsy an email to be added to the wait list. Between you and Chance Wolf I'm going to go broke!
[/quote]

It's great going broke to make money!

Steve's inventions make up a major portion of two of my 3 acts for children's shows. I can't work these babies into my 3rd act, but I may be adding a new act down the road a piece featuring either the babies or some safari stuff.

Great stuff Steve, (and the magic drawing board being used with the special effects drawing board is doing great!)

Hey, did you see my lips move? :bigsmile:
I just checked out the new quick demo on the website.
I love latex but I suppose fabric will play just as well with this particular prop.
the diaper storage area is fantastic.
real hands will be an advantage I'm sure but this omits the option to 'wiggle' the legs up and down.

I store all my Axtell Puppets in hard covered Samsonite suitcases on casters for easy and safe transport from show to show. 3 feet is not a problem and I don't think this should be a fold up item that has to necessarily 'pack small'. As long as the sides fold over the baby to safe keep it and hide the baby from sight until ready to perform/unfold - that should be fine.

the only issue I can not imagine, at this time, is unravelling the sides once it is over my head and my arms are in place (if I do it on myself). I guess the sides will have to be opened before my hands are inserted into the sleeves!

quote:
"Might be kind of fun to start drinking a bottle then start crying (gas) then look around for mommy (gone) start crying more....then start tapping yourself on the back....big burp......then calm down....then a fart.....then go cross-eyed and hold your nose....then start crying again.......then what?"

it's a hard life being a baby and not being able to talk. must keep in mind that once the cd/track is playing, the performer will/might not have control over the music (because his hands are in the baby sleeves) so the track should have at least 2 routines to chose from: 1 short 3 minutes and one long 5 minutes.

the short one can consist of basic sound effects, possibly a drum roll and a tune whilst pulling stuff out of the diaper and playing/showing them to the audience (this could be a magic trick or something small with a thumb tip).

the long routine could consist of the short routine and then follow up with a lullaby where the baby falls asleep and then... everything goes quiet... for a few brief seconds... and then... out of the blue.... the babies hand falls to the side, dropping his bottle with a loud thump on the floor and the baby starts yelling again. Then as he is trying to reach for the bottle his other hand loses grip of the dummy and that also falls. everything gets hectic until the final build up where the baby recalls storing a rattle in his diaper. he gets the rattle, looks at it, calms down (still mumbling and crying), shakes the rattle and whacks himself on the head - knocking himself out and...
that is the end of the routine.

enjoy,
Dani
It would be real nice if the CD had a track for a spectator. I like the idea of making the spectator the baby... then telling him to act out whatever sounds or actions come from the CD... including possibly a portion of YMCA or something along those lines.

I also would rather it not break down... 3 feet is no problem.

Thanks!
Very helpful stuff!

Getting into it isn't a problem here's how you do it:

1. Put on the bonnet (or other hat you choose)

2. hold bed in front of you and put your neck into the hole - velcro behind you.

3. sit down on a chair and rest the bed on your knees.

4. Put your arms into the sleeves (underneath a blanket covering the body)

5. pull off the little blanket with your hands - for a big reveal and laugh.

This could easily be done by you on a volunteer, or easily by yourself (as long as you start the music before getting into it). We need to keep the music timed for a slow dress up.

MUSIC
This is why I'm thinking the time-travel reverting back possibly even showing a regression in the music from now (techno - hip-hop - classic rock - disco - sixties - fiftys rock around the clock - then lullaby. Or another idea we have is just do the time travel kind of mysterious music kind of thing until lullaby starts.

I like the idea of 3 different lengths of sound tracks. I just hesitate to choreograph too much of it - I'd rather try to leave it very open for you, but there are times you'll need very funny sound effects.

Do you guys want to do your own CRY and Baby talk like in my video, or do you want that on CD? If you do your own, you'll be able to "baby talk" to your audience so they kind of understand you.....babies and bentlemen.... (ladies and gentlemen) kind of thing or even less intelligible but cute. Have you heard the baby in "A Series of Unfortunate Events"?

Also if using a volunteer, the need for lots of things for them to react to would be important. You may have to prompt them by whispering to them (suck your thumb, get ready to cry, get mad, throw a tantrum, calm down, etc). The worse they are and the more they miss their cues it's funnier to the audience (think Red Skelton) - especially if they are seeing the corporate CEO or School principal make a fool of themselves.

Ax
This looks really good and funny routines can be made from it. Imagine a baby that has a magic hat bonnet doing tricks.
I'm glad everyone likes my idea of the hands addition, and the storage pocket beneath the diaper. I felt this would make a great prop for magicians, if you could use your hands to perform. I'm glad that Steve took my suggestion and added these features. I can't wait to get one myself! Also, I'm thinking that if there were rods connected to the legs you could make the wiggle a bit with your knees or foot.

My idea is to vanish a silk with a thumb tip, then suck your thumb, leaving the tip in my mouth, pretend to look for the silk in my diaper etc. Then there would be a loud recorded burp and then I would pull the silk from my mouth. Vanish it again and it ends up inside the bottle.

CD-wise I think a full routine would be great with music. But I'd also like to see tracks with just the indivdual sounds effects, burbs, cry, sucking noises, for making your own routines.

Mike Bent
It might be funny, or just plain gross, to "vanish" the silk into the TT while it's in your mouth, (babies seem to put everything in their mouths), and have it reappear in the the diaper.

Ken
This stuff just keeps getting better! I'm so excited because literally EVERY entertainer gets asked "How did you get your start?". Now we can show them!

Ax
LEG MOVING IDEAS -

I think we can can keep the legs animated by connecting them to the sleeves with invisible thread (monofilliment or spider wire). When you pull back your hands the string will lift the leg on that side. You can still tantrum this way. Any other motions like reaching down into the diaper or sucking your thumb would keep the string slack and not move the legs which would be desirable. The strings would be kept on the wrist band of the sleeve I think, to minimize getting tangled in the hands, but what about props? Would the string get caught on a stuffed bunny if you pulled it out? Would it pull the leg into a strange position? Could that be funny too?

It's natural to think of our knees moving the legs because the bed is resting on the knees in a similar place, but the bed would shake all over the place if you move your knees too much. I could build a support for the bed but then it's bulky and costy....knees are a great support.

Another idea is to keep short rods on the heels of the feet and going down below the bed and you could wiggle side to side your knees (the rods would be between your knees) but that's minimal movement, I think the baby's legs would spread and come together like making a snow angel.... not up and down tantrum action like the strings could do. That's more desirable.

Normally this kind of creative process is hidden or done in private. I think it's great to share how the process works and let you contribute.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain......

Ax
I don't know about going THAT far in making the legs OVER animated. Yes, the Spider wire would be enough. We would really want to focus most action on the face and hands. The hands could grab the feet like kids normally do and put your foot in your mouth (if it reaches).

Yes, I want one of these. As I said to Ax, I can't wait to show the kids how I got started in magic. Using lots of comedy props like the break-away wand and banging my head and the wand breaks causing me to wail, atomic light bulb, fire book, spring snakes, goofy glasses, sponge tooth, stretching tongue, some squirting device. Something to keep them laughing.
Steve, please whatever you do and whatever ideas are thrown your way, please keep the trick for this product as simple as possible.

I would say just record a bunch of baby sound effects, a bunch of lullabies, and maybe a few songs like Old McDonald or first songs.
(Effects could include: sucking thumb, burp, tummy rumble, fart, cry, wail, laugh, giggle, rattle shaking, squeaker, dada, mama, poopoo, kaka, gaga, etc.)

This way, each user of the Big Baby can just pull out and use whatever he/she wants and comprise their own routine.

If you record mispronounced words and make a routine whereby the baby tries to talk, then this track will not be good for other countries with other spoken languages.

Simple is better.

Enjoy,
Dani
One of the tricks to brainstorming is to let the ideas roll and flow. Ultimately we end up with the simplest way to do each thing, but getting to that is half the fun!
My idea would be have one arm be the performer's real arm and the other a fake, so it would free up a hand for the performer to operate his/her remote for sound system, etc. The real performer's hand could hold a bottle and other things; my choice would be the left hand be real...just a thought for your consideration. Now if I could just come up with the money to get one!
What if you mounted your remote onto the back of a prop, like a baby bottle? Then both hands could be active, and you have the remote accessible.

The challenge with having one hand live and one dummy is that they still need to look identical. Sometimes we do that with gloves (bird arm illusion, or puppets that use a live hand); it's easy to stuff one glove and still look real. If you use a rubber hand for the dummy, it will need to hold onto something to look real - like holding a teddy bear or something that won't need to move. However, most want to have both hands for tricks, not just one-handed magic.

A little Velcro on the bottle and the back of the remote could work?

Ax
Good point, Steve. Velcro is a logical choice... I never considered the matching the hands.
OKAY, QUESTION REGARDING SEX:

Would you want your Big Baby to be a:

BOY (blue colors)
GIRL (Pink Colors)
NON-SPECIFIC (Yellow or Green, etc.)

Ax
A blue one would be perfect for me and what I want to do with it. However, a non-specific would be a bit more versatile.

If I choose another person, who would "ham-it-up" more, a male or female? Female volunteers tend to be more reserved then men. (OK, it is a sexist opinion.)

Can they be ordered by gender?

The Yellow would show up better with my black and blue background curtains.

Such difficult questions to ask. I will be happy whatever you send me, Ax.
Den
I set up a POLL on the webpage for your votes: http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html

Ax
42% wanted Blue Boys
42% wanted Yellow Neutral
17% said they would buy both Boy and Girl

From this we learned that we need all color options, and we are also offering a discount if you order both the boy and girl at the same time. The kit includes the Big Baby on the bed, the Bonnet, and the Audio CD Routines. (The CD will be shipping about 1 month from now.) Babies will start shipping next Friday to the first folks on Betsy's list.

Please contact Betsy with your choice of COLOR (Blue, Pink or Yellow....or Both Boy and Girl), and also with your choice of skin color (Peach or Brown).

Also, we are now live and taking public orders as the site is active at http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html

Thank you all for participating in this exciting product! The Magic Café rocks!

Ax
If you were on the waiting list for BiG BaBieS - please contact Betsy in customer service at:

order@axtell.com
or call (805) 642-7282
with your specifications listed above.

If you are not yet on the waiting list, it would be best to use the webpage shopping cart to place your order. http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html

Ax
How about have a CD soundtrack where it's mommy's voice on the CD? Now, you can have a hilarious interaction with mommy and all the fun stuff she wants to do to you.

Rick Mearns
How about becoming the Baby Herman character from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He's the baby with a 5 o'clock shadow, holding a cigar and has a real gruff voice.

You may have to tone it down a little for the kids, but funny just the same.

Rick Mearns
How about performing the floating pacifier, ala Zombie Ball.

Or a "milk pitcher" type baby bottle. I also see over-sized props working well with this baby get-up (i.e. jumbo spoon, jumbo comb, jumbo baby bottle, jumbo pacifier, jumbo telephone, etc.).

Rick Mearns
Wonderful stuff, Rick....I'll put your zombie idea on the site.

The mommy's voice on the CD thing has some real possibilities. She's just in the other room - speaking to the baby.....

WAAAHHH!!
...Don't cry, I'll be there soon...I'm drying my nails......
WHAAHH!
...I'm getting your baby food.....it's your favorite.....spinach and mushroom mush...
WAAAHHH!
...Okay, okay....I'll make it an extra big bowlful.....just because you're so special....
Whaaahhhh!!!
Well, if you keep fussing like that, you aren't going to be able to eat at all...
(complete silence) Baby puts hand over his own mouth.

Baby? Baby? Are you okay?
(baby talk) uh-huh (yes)
Are you still hungry?
nah-ugh....no....NO......

What else?
Hi Steve,

I was also envisioning the baby talking like a grown-up, while the mommy voice is the typical "Coochie, coochie, here's my little baby" stuff. Baby would be looking up in the air when he's talking to his mommy, and then out into the audience when he makes some sarcastic remarks, "Gee, all of the moms in the world, and I got stuck with THIS one."

Mommy: Is my little baby hungry?
Baby: No, I just cry like this 'cause I'm bored.

Mommy: Sniff, sniff... Do you smell what I smell?
Baby: Hey, don't look at me lady. The cat is the guilty one here.

Mommy: I'm getting your baby food.....it's your favorite.....spinach and mushroom mush.
Baby: Oh, my God, mush again? What did I do to deserve this terrible punishment? What does a kid have to do to get some decent food around here?

Rick Mearns
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Apr 4, 2007 10:09PM)
Rick,

I don't think you should purchase this...but please continue with the good ideas for those of us who want one. LOL Good stuff!

jeff
Jumbo Linking Safety Pins!

Or how about halfway through your baby routine, you stop, reach BEHIND your diaper, pull out a jumbo pin and say, "I thought something felt funny back there."

Rick Mearns
I'm not sure what the item would be yet, but something like Dan Garret's Sponge Bananas would work well with this baby/diaper set-up.

The bananas, carrots, and pickles aren't really suited for a baby character, though. Something more like sponge baby bottles(?). Any suggestions?

Rick Mearns
Sponge cigars would work if someone is doing the Baby Herman character...and they're about the same size as the sponge bananas. :jump:

Rick Mearns
Click on These:

[url=http://www.greatbigstuff.com/babybottle.html][b]Giant Baby Bottle $20.00[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.greatbigstuff.com/ducky.html][b]Giant Rubber Ducky $22.00[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.greatbigstuff.com/chupa.html][b]Giant Lolly Pop $20.00[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.greatbigstuff.com/babypin.html][b]Giant Diaper Pin $32.00[/b][/url]
I sure if you look around on this Giant Stuff Site, other things and uses would come to mind.
Great stuff. I've added these links to the other jumbo props links section on the page.

I need direct links to any MAGIC TRICKS that could be used with babies. Over-sized wands, infant related stuff. I've got a few going now.

Ax
Rick, we could put the mother's voice on the CD....the baby's voice would be best done live.

What phrases would be great for a mother to say from another room? We'll provide several.

Ax
TRANFORMATION:

Some will just put it on in full view of the audience...talking about how they got started as a very young person...but it could be more dramatic....

The effect of time travel into the past will be sold by the sound effects on the CD. During that, there are several ways to get into the rig.

You could walk off stage and get into it, and either walking out in a crouched position, or sliding out on a rolling office chair, being pushed on stage (on the chair) by an assistant.

Ducking down behind a magic stand....

Step behind your portable show backdrop....

Another idea is to buy a large 6 x 6' piece of black fabric and have the rig under it. Then first cover yourself completely with the black fabric and proceed to get into the rig under the cloth....then remove it for the reveal.

Other ideas?
Hi Steve,

Yes, definitely just the mother's voice on the CD (with some music and sound effects). This way you could also give your customers a few different comebacks to choose from. It also leaves it open for people to make up their own lines.

Another gag possibility is, baby tosses a ball behind him (past the curtains), there's a sound effect of ALOT of things breaking and crashing...

Mommy: Oh, my goodness! What happened?
Baby would then reach into his diaper and pull out a stuffed/toy cat (the more realistic, the better) and point his finger at the cat...
Mommy: Oh, bad kitty! Bad kitty! No more playing inside the house for you! Outside you go!
Baby would then look and mischievously grin at the cat, then toss him over his shoulder.
(For added comedy, more crashing and cat howling. Baby could then make an "Ooops" expression.)

Steve, did you want me to PM you a bunch of lines, or just post them here?

Rick Mearns
Great stuff, Rick. If you and others continue to share your ideas here, people can react to it and the ideas will grow bigger. Keep posting, everyone!

Ax
Baby Frankenstein Routine? HMMMMmmm... This has more Ideas than the Meter!
Oh, by the way, Dennis - thanks for the link to the GreatBigStuff site. There's a lot of great props there, and I already added the link to my favorites. Thanks again.

Rick
What about putting the baby in a stroller? That would make the entrance even easier. If you sat on a little stool behind the stroller that had casters on the legs, you'd just have to push yourself onto the stage. You could also have your female assistant dressed up like "Mommy" or a "Nurse" and wheel you into place.

If the baby body is separate, but stuck on the bed with Velcro, that would give performers the option of making their own conveyance for the baby.
Ax,

You said the Big Babies would start shipping April 7th. I know since that time, there are a lot of ideas and possible changes. Have they started shipping?

Dennis

P.S. Ric...You're Welcome.
The first ones will start shipping at the end of the week... Betsy is managing the list. Her email is order AT axtell.com
SPECIAL OFFER -

Thanks so much for all the help you have been! We are giving a special introductory offer on Big Babies, as you'll see on the web. IF you have already placed an order at the higher price, don't worry, Betsy is giving you the special deal!

Could I ask a favor in return? PLEASE SEND ME A VIDEO CLIP of you performing in front of a live audience. The easiest way is to put it up on YOUTUBE and let me know about it. We'll consider it for inclusion in the Axtell site.

If you do this for me, I'll let you in on the next hot secret product I'm working on right now!

Ax
Ax,

Thanks for cutting the price by $50.00, because that was just the incentive I needed to place my order. It's a BOY! Now all I need is a box of cigars.

Mike
LOL! But a box of cigars is $50! Save the money for some baby props!

We recorded part of the CD today. We should be finished sometime next week.

Ax
Hi, Steve, I'm back.

Three more for your files. These ones came to me as I was about to fall asleep tonight...

1.) Topsy Turvy bottles with baby bottles! A lot of comedy possibilities here with a volunteer (child or adult).

2.) French Drop a small ball (or whatever), either lap or ditch the ball as you go inside the diaper for some "magic woofle dust"...a small can of baby powder. [i]You could even go Lisa Menna wild as you shake the stuff all over the place.[/i] In the end, after the dust settles (hehe), the ball really does disappear. Warning - I don't know how hard it'd be to clean baby powder off your crib set-up. You may want to either mime shaking on the powder OR load the can with confetti, which brings me to another idea to play with...

3.) "[i]My favorite part of the day is when my mom puts baby powder on my butt. In fact, some days I dream about THAT all day long.[/i]" Go into Snowstorm In China.

Rick Mearns
Wow, Rich, these three are great ideas!
[b]Adults Only[/b] - Have a beach ball to toss out into the audience to help select a volunteer. The beach ball, of course, would be pink and look like a big booby. [i](if you know what I mean)[/i]. :jump: You could even milk this bit with some funny lines.

When a volunteer is selected, have them toss the beach ball back to you [i](before they come onstage)[/i]. Of course, you won't be able to catch it due to your restrictions, and it'll go bouncing off. [i]"Good help is so hard to find," or, "I have a bad feeling about you," or, "When I grow up, I'm going to kick your butt[/i]."

Rick Mearns
7 sets shipped out today, Betsy told me. Next week, more will go out. Very exciting stuff.

The CD music is being composed by Greg Jackson over this weekend. I recorded baby sounds yesterday, and the mother's voice will be recorded this weekend. The routines are very funny and full of whimsical sound effects, lead in, transitions, and we are building them so they are very open for your own use and interpretation.

The first several shipments of "Big Babies" are being shipped without the CD, which will be sent when complete.

Ax
What if you sold an add-on to your show where every kid gets a Polaroid picture wearing the baby outfit and posing with the magician?
Well, I just received my pair of Big Baby puppets (which the kind folks at Axtell Expressions shipped quickly for me so my daughters would have them to use in a school talent show next week).

I've come to expect top quality from anything Axtell releases, and they did not disappoint! The babies are beautifully constructed and easy to put on. The biggest surprise was how "roomy" the diaper area is for holding props.

Although my children will be using them more as a costume as they sing a song about having a tantrum, the comedic possibilities for any working performer are endless (as is by now obvious!).

This is just an all around terrific prop, and I believe priced very fairly.

Along with their brilliant Off The Meter, this is another definite winner from Axtell Expressions! You won't regret making this purchase.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe,

I know you're Kids will Win! Let us know the results!
Dennis,

They don't judge the talent. Everyone's a winner.

I know that s**ks.

But thanks for the good wishes!

Joe
That is best. However, your big babies will be talked about for quite a while!
Take videos for our website!
Ax
[b]Marketing Tool[/b] - print up some wallet-sized photos or business cards with a photo of you in your Big Baby get-up on one side AND your contact info on the other of the photo/card. Now you can hand out gag photos of [i]"YOU...when you were a baby".[/i]

Rick Mearns
Too bad clickable smiles are disabled......I'd fill up this post with them. I added your idea to the bottom area of the webpage.
Hi Steve,
What about an Ax track with the baby’s thoughts, which are heard by the audience along with mommies’ voice?
Getting ready to order my big baby, now. Love it.
Keep the ideas coming in!
Magic Mike
Just got my Big Baby in the mail an hour ago! I asked my family to gather around, and I wanted to show them the latest in "magical toys" I received. When I turned around and started "hamming it up" as a baby, they were laughing hysterically. I didn't do anything other than whack my self with a breakaway wand and act like what a baby would do. And if this is the reaction, I can't wait until I try on a live audience with a good routine!

You got another winner here, Ax!!!
Denise, how fun to read your reaction! Awesome! Send video!

Magic Mike - great idea. We have already produced our CD, but you can use what we give you and add to it...like with your Baby Thoughts ideas (which is GREAT, by the way!). I think it would be very funny to do "baby talk" in your real voice, and then have the "heavy reverbed thought voice" speak in the cigar-smoking gruff voice like Rick suggested earlier.

Here's what's on the CD (we will ship this to those that ordered your baby earlier than the CD was available)....to the best of my memory...we've been recording all week, here goes:

1. Comedy bit - A very funny comedy routine starting out with a showbiz version of the song "Baby Face"......(allowing you time to get into it) which softens down to lullaby music, goes thru thumb sucking, crying, bottle drinking, burping, farting, and a very funny ending....all with GREAT music and sound effects, as usual.

2. Same comedy routine as above but without the fart in case of special audiences that may think that's crossing the line.

3. Time Travel - A routine that allows a performer to say, "I get asked all the time how I got my start in Magic....I thought I would show you"...... Time travel music as you get into the rig, and then it's similar to the previous comedy bit but, as you reach into the diaper, the music fades so you can custom routine your baby magic performance. Then, there is "Baby Face theme" tag music you can use to end that routine.

4. Various, 20 or so, statements of "Mother's Voice" calling from another room, which allow you to react to them. You can use these any way you want.

Then, all of the elements will be available (music, sound effects, voices, etc.) to cut and paste into your own custom routine using audio editing software, like the free Audacity.
I got mine today, and it is SWEET! I love it. A real quality prop, I can't wait to use it!
Denise? Is that your new alter-ego, Dennis? ;)
Ax is really my Uncle, and he keeps getting his Denise and Denefew mixed up. It happens after a while when you make these wonderful and funny props.
:)

Ax, the CD looks very good. The time thing looks so interesting. I was thinking of going back in time to the '80s, to the '70s, to the '60s, to the '50s, to the '40...well, that is when I was born...and moving into the baby music. And Baby Face, well, that sounds great.

I was thinking of making a balloon mouse, but can't blow it up, putting it in my diaper, making the fart sound, and bringing out a small pre-made tied balloon.

If Disney can do it dozens of times and get away with it, I'm game! It is what babies do! Eat and..."make noise".
Too funny, Denise!.....I mean, Dennis.

Speaking of funny props....I'm working on some really cool new things right now. 5-6 actually. Those of you that send me a link to your flash video clip of the Big Babies being used in your show, I will share my secret projects with you!

Ax
Ax, this is soooo cool. It's a SECRET WEAPON that is going to blow the audience away. It so cute, it's funny, and you can really get away with doing a lot of comedy things.

Now I got to figure how I am going to take apart my Comedy Squirting Phone and work it into the diaper, without squirting myself, but make it look like "Oops, Mommy! I need to be changed!"

Hmmmm, I wonder how I can use a cell phone?
With the Squirting Phone...

Baby: "Oops, I seemed to have wet myself..."
[i](Take out cell phone and pretend to dial a number)[/i]
Baby: "Hello, is this Dial-A-Diaper?"
[i](Wait a beat, then have the phone squirt you, or into the air.)[/i]
Baby: (sarcastically towards the phone) "Very funny."

...I'll see if I can think of any diaper telephone conversation jokes/gags to add to this bit, as it would probably need something else afterwards.

Rick Mearns
Conversation continued...

Baby: "Yes, the reason I'm calling is, do you deliver?"
(wait a couple seconds - listening)
Baby: "No, not deliver [i]babies[/i]... Do you make house calls?"
Baby: "Yes, I know you're not a [i]doctor[/i]... Can you [i]deliver[/i] a box of diapers to my [i]house[/i]?"
Baby: "Yes, that will be fine, thank you."
Baby: "Oh, you've got a diaper joke for me?..."
Baby: (as if you're repeating the caller) "What do you buy your 90 year old grandparents for their birthday?.... I give up, what?"
Baby: "Depends??... Ohh... Depends, I get it now. That was really bad... Anyways, I gotta go...which is why I was calling you in the first place... Goodbye."

Rick Mearns
Another big batch goes out tomorrow! I can't wait until you get yours!
Ax
The CD will be finished early next week, and it's amazing. Greg Jackson, my producer, has outdone himself again.

You can now HEAR a sample of the TIME TRAVEL routine on the site! Go to the Big Babies Page and click on the player down on the right side.

There will be several great routines on the CD that comes FREE with your Big Baby. Enjoy!

Ax,

I just listened to the sample music. and it sounds great. I will be looking forward to that CD.

Dennis
I've just discovered a really funny way to move the babies legs without a mechanism! You've got to see the video. You can move them slow or fast and one leg at a time etc...... I put it on the bottom of the Big Babies page here.....

I hope you get a "KICK" out of it!

Ax
Hey, Steve -
Love my Big Baby! When will the CD's ship?
Doug
AX,

I couldn't get the bottom video to work. (feet moving)

Dennis
Try it now... I'm getting email about how funny it is, so it must be working.

Steve, any chance you might be making a case or bag for Big Babies? Also, when are the CD's shipping?
CD-
CD's are shipping now. Email Betsy if you don't get it soon. She's at order@axtell.com

CASE -
I doubt that I will sell a case, but someone is going to post a nice suitcase they found that fits it.

RECENT COMMENTS FROM USERS.....
Thank you sooooooooo much for sending the "Big Baby" to me last week, I did the show at an adult party tonight and it KILLED! The audience loved the act,... I used it on the biggest meanest guy in the audience and had him lead the song "Happy Birthday" and camera's snapped, everybody laughed and I got it on video, I will send you a photo soon too.
Bob Abdou

It was really funny...The guests would not stop laughing! I wanted to share this with you because when I first saw the "Big Babies" on your web site, I really did not think it would be all that funny. Boy was ever wrong!
Charles Prouty

LEGS MOVING
Here is a direct link to the Baby video on Youtube showing how to move the legs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ghYL85E60

The site is http://www.axtell.com/big_babies.html
CORRECTION - I just learned that the CDs are not shipping yet. There was a delay from the duplicator, we are trying to rush them. Sorry about the misinfo.
Ax
Any new news on the CDs?
CDs are in and are shipping out to you guys next week. Contact Betsy if you bought a Big Baby and if you don't receive yours within 2 weeks at the most. She has all the names on a list and will send the CDs.

Betsy is at order@axtell.com

Thanks.
Ax
Dear Ax,

I can say enough about your products! Several years ago when my son was 10, he performed "Vern the Bird" with the "Hic-ups" CD and won 1st place in his school's talent show. Last Year he won 1st Place again with his juggling act, doing it blindfolded.

This year it was difficult to think of a winning act until "Big Babies" arrived. He performed juggling flawlessly for one minute, then he said on the microphone, "Many times I have been asked how I learned to juggle, let me show you those days!"

We created a CD using Richard Wayne's and Authur Stead’s royalty free music, added some burping, giggling, farting, and crying sound effects, using WavePad Program in a 90 second skit using juggling balls, and juggling baby toys. He played with his feet, banged his head with the balls, cried, laughed, and had fun. The kids went wild and he won first place.

No I didn’t video it but I did get a couple of pictures.

Here's a link to one of those pictures:
http://www.magic-magic.com/BillyJuggling4.jpg
Awesome routine.
You may be working for him one day!
I hope so Ash...By the time he is 23, and I'm in my 70s I'd be glad to work for him, because I know I would be still be alive!
Did I see this on the Tony's earlier this week?

Harris
Im going to try and raise the money to get one of these..what is the most popular color the blue for boy, pink for girl or yellow for neutral..also how long does it take to get it set and I know the size says Entire kit fits into 35x24x6" area! but is that the travel size or the performance size of it. Sorry for all the questions but its a lot of money for me so I want to be sure I know exactly what Im getting and what works best for others color wise
I finally added a Cry Baby to my Axtell collection...next project will be BIG BABIES :)

I'm sure it will be a great hit in my act...

Ax Rules!!!
Showmemagic - that is the travel size. The performance size is bigger because the skirt falls down around the victim...I mean volunteer...to hide their body.

Wanlu I can't wait to see what you'll do with it. I've enjoyed your creative videos all over the web!

Ax