(Close Window)
Topic: Vegasstagehypnosis.com ???
THis add says learn stage hypno in 4 days. I have spoke with a lot of hypnotists and from my understanding that is just not possible? What do you think?
It's certainly possible to learn enough techniques in four days to perform stage hypnosis. But it certainly takes more time than that to learn how to do it well and safely.
And even more time than that, to make it entertaining.
I disagree. I have a friend who simply read a booklet and hypnotised his wife and 2 best friends that same day. within 2 weeks he had his first booking and went on to enjoy a career in stage hypnosis that lasted over 3 months.
He is now living in a place called Barlinnie which is in Scotland. I visit him regularly.
Bobser.
A career that lasted 3 months? That does not sound real impressive.
Have you heard of one that lasted longer?
name names!!!
A career that lasts 3 months? Where do you want me to start? Are we talking strictly hypnotism here?
Are you serious Bobser?

Ravene, Vandermeid, Maxwell, Spencer, Vincent Lords, John Daughters, Jerome Finley (yours truly), Marshal Sylver, etc. There are many, many others.

Hypnosis in 4 days is a pipe dream.

_Jerome.
Google "Barlinnie". Then you'll get the joke.
Not really. Care to explain?
LOL The Barlinnie joke was good.
A bit lost here as well.
I figure it out before the explanation. It was pretty funnt! :cheers:
TT2 and chichi711, you are both well known in the Café for often 'not getting it', but can I just say that I've enjoyed many of your other posts. I think you're lovely fellas... cute even!
Bobser.
Bobser I am actually very happy I didn't get your lame joke about a prision in Scotland. Cant get it all my cute bubbly friend.

I asked a serious question and was reading all responses as a serious answer. I found a 3 month career odd. The fact that I am asking this question should tell you I know NOTHING about hypnosis. So as I was reading your post maybe a 3 month stint as a hypnotist is long. How the crap should I know?

Bobser you are funny. THanks for the laughs. I enjoyed it. Keep up the hilarous comedy. Cant wait to see what lame prision joke you come up with next!
'The Argumentalist agrees with NOBODY!!!'
Hmmmm
As a Headliner at many Comedy Clubs, Colleges and Corporate events I can tell you two things are a fact:

1) It takes longer then 4 days to learn anything well

2) The prison was funny
[quote]
On 2007-01-10 15:38, bobser wrote:
'The Argumentalist agrees with NOBODY!!!'
Hmmmm
[/quote]

Yup.
Hold it...Are you agreeing with him????
Because if you're agreeing with him them you aren't dissagreeing,,,er and...ah you BEEEEEEEP
On 2007-01-10 18:51, chichi711 wrote:
[quote]
Yup
[/quote]

The Argumentalist agrees with NOBODY!!!'
Hmmmm

Bobser
[quote]
On 2007-01-11 10:06, bobser wrote:
On 2007-01-10 18:51, chichi711 wrote:
[quote]
Yup
[/quote]

The Argumentalist agrees with NOBODY!!!'
Hmmmm

Bobser
[/quote]

yup
I think this is the prelude to the universe collapsing in on itself.
[quote]
On 2007-01-11 17:41, polkablues wrote:
I think this is the prelude to the universe collapsing in on itself.
[/quote]

yup. :)

What do you mean by that?
The Arguementalist simultaneously agrees with nobody, somebody, and everybody. There's no way this fragile little universe can sustain itself amidst such paradoxical conditions.
;) well said. I am now hiding in my bomb shelter. I don't want anything to slam me in the head. I actually think the first thing to go should be that prision in Scotland. If you are visiting your friend Bobser I suggest you leave real quick (man!!!!! so many horrible things I could say about you visiting a freind in a prision)
Chichi, I've changed my mind about you. I now find you very very funny and want to come and visit.
If a man as wise as I can be wrong there's hope for ALL mankind.
Bobser.
[quote]
On 2007-01-12 07:40, bobser wrote:
Chichi, I've changed my mind about you. I now find you very very funny and want to come and visit.
If a man as wise as I can be wrong there's hope for ALL mankind.
Bobser.
[/quote]

So are you saying I can come out of my bomb shelter?
That is sad to see Terry Stokes is a very good performer interesting to see he is part of that, those of you that visit Vegas know Terry, besides him theres Anthony Cools they ARE the big Vegas names in Hypnosis.
I was really interested in hypnosis and while I was in Las Vegas I decided to go and see a show. I can't remember the name of the person I saw, it was Dr. .... something.

Anyway, the show was SO bad that it turned me off trying to do hypnosis. Hardly anyone went "under". One lady that was supposed to be under reacted to a suggestion by saying, "No, but you are going to tell me that I will". The Hypnotists reaction to this was - "SLEEP"

Very disappointing.
Wait wait wait wait.

That is somewhat akin to seeing a BAD magician, or mentalist, and then not trying to learn.

It should be used as a BENCHMARK. "Heck if THAT show got paid, I bet I could do better".

You saw Dr. Naughty, the X rated comic hypnotist. The only problems I have with this show is at best it is a "R" rating. Sorry but for an X I need some clothes off LOL.
Second he just is not that funny.

Now in all fairness to him he is NOT the original Dr. Naughty. He should be billed as the "Dread Pirate Naughty". (Watch the Prince's Bride to get that reference).

Hypnosis shows are TOUGH. In the end they can only be as good as the audience. Now within that framework, you need a talented performer. SO there in lies my opinion about it needing a bit of time to learn. 4 days, well YES it can indeed be done. BUT after that you do need to still work it out.
Does anyone the cost? How does it compare the some of the magical academies?