(Close Window)
Topic: MAGA Magic Session 2007...
MAGA MAGIC SESSION 2007

March 30 - April 1st. 2007
In Fayetteville, NC
At the Holiday Inn Bordeaux

Daryl. Nathan Kranzo, Keone, Mike Powers, Richard Sanders, Sean Fields, and many more...

More Info coming soon....
Check back soon at http://www.magicartsguild.com
Yes! A magic convention in North Carolina! I look forward to more details.
I am going to be performing at this convention too. I cant wait till March.. Joe
MAGA MAGIC SESSION 2007
March 30 - April 1st 2007
Fayetteville, NC
At the Holiday Inn Bordeaux

Current List of Performers and Lecturces:
Daryl
Nathan Kranzo
Richard Sanders
Sean Fields
Mike Powers
Keone Valdez
Joe Jesse
Ron Conley
Harry Allen

Current List of Dealers:
Trickmaster
Conley's House of Magic
Daryl
Daytona Magic
Haines House of Cards
Mike Powers
Nathan Kranzo
Sanders Magic
Sasco Magic
Jim Pace Magic

Pre-Registration Starts January 30th and ends March 23!!!
Pre-Reg Fees:

FULL 3 DAY REGISTRATION:

Adult- $80.00
Senior- $70.00
Youth (-17)- $70.00
Family Individ.- $40.00

SATURDAY ONLY:

Adult- $50.00
Senior- $40.00
Youth (-17)- $40.00
Family Indivd.- $40.00

Close Up Contest:
First Place: $500

Second Place: $300

Third Place: $100

Also
Based on a review of the applicants performance videos, competitors will be broken up into various levels of competition. Winners will be awarded a symbol of their achievement to commemerate the event and an assortment of magic products donated by some of our Sponsering Dealers.

Schedule:
Friday, March 30:

Registration Opens- 10:30 am
Workshops begin- 11:00 am
Dealers' Room Open (for dealers only; to set-up)- 11:00 am
Dealers' Room Open to Conventioneers- 5:00 pm
Lecture (Ron Conley)- 6:00 pm
Close-up Competition- 7:30 pm
Lecture (Harry Allen)- 9:00 pm
Dealers' Room Closed- 11:00 pm

Saturday, March 31:

Dealers' Room Opens- 9:30 am
Lecture (Sean Fields)- 11:00 am
Dealers' Room Closed- 1:30 am
Lecture (Daryl)- 1:30 pm
Lecture (Nathan Kranzo)- 4:00 pm
Dealers' Room Opens- 5:30 pm
Dealers' Room Closed- 7:00 pm
Evening Show- 8:00 pm
Dealers' Room Opens- 10:30 pm
Dealers' Room Closed- Midnight

Sunday, April 1:

Dealers' Room Opens- 9:30 am
Lecture (Mike Powers)- 11:00 am
Lecture (Richard Sanders)- 1:30 pm

Lecture (Keone)- 4:00pm
Dealers' Room Closed- 5:00 pm

For more information and updates please visit http://www.magicartsguild.com
Pre-Registration Will begin tonight at Midnight on http://www.magicartsguild.com. Please go to the registration section. Pre-Registration will end on March 23, 2007. For more information please visit http://www.magicartsguild.com
FROM THE MAGA MAGIC SESSION 2007: THIS JUST IN!!! The First 100 registers will be entered into a contest to participate in a Private VIP Dinner on Sunday April 1st, 2007. Five registers will be selected out of the bunch. You lucky five will have dinner with MAGA members and the Lectures from the convention. This dinner for the five of you well also be paid for by The Magic Arts Guild of America. This is your chance to have a one on one meet and greet with the lectures. Please visit http://www.magicartsguild.com and click Register to Register Now!!!!
Heh Do you know if the convention will be coming around edmonton or calgary, alberta?

That would be an insane freaking convention!!!!
For now there are no plans on doing this outside of NC. But you never know. :)
I scoped out the convention area. Nice spot plenty of good eats around. Looking foward to spending some time in Bordeaux.
The Maga Magic Sessions is less than a month away. Claim your spot and register at http://www.magicartsguild.com today.
How many magic shops are located in the Fayettteville area? I couldn't find one and I searched around pretty good. I lived there in the early 80's and don't remember one at that time either.
Currently there is only one in the Bragg Blvd Flea Market. I use to help run that shop but no longer. I am opening a full time one in April.
Our Contest is still in the running for our VIP party!! Register today for your chance to win. http://www.magicartsguild.com
Full Contest rules will be posted tonight. I will post them on http://www.magicartsguild.com and here on the Café.
I am hearing a lot of buzz about the close up contest. I am sure this will be a killer competition. I cant wait to see all of the competitors battle it out.

Its getting closer and closer. I cant wait
Pre Registration Ends March 23rd!!!
Room block will be ending today!!!
Also Michael Ammar confirmed this week that he will be our headliner next year!!! MORE TO FOLLOW!!
I heard through the grape vine that Eric Jones a.k.a. Godhandz will have a booth selling his lecture notes. Is that a fact?
That is a fact.
Hey guys, I can't wait to hang out...yeah I'll be peddling my wares in the dealers room, but I still plan on getting down and dirty with anyone wanting to session...

Can't wait to catch up with everyone next weekend....

Eric Jones
Prestidigitator
Eric,
Hope you sell-out bro. Sounds like a great convention.
Have fun y'all!
Justin N. Miller
Close drive for me. Justin you stopping by?
Today is the last day for Pre-Registration.
[quote]
On 2007-03-22 08:00, imagealter wrote:
[/quote]

Fortunatley for me I will be on my lecture tour..find and ace for me though.
Justin N. Miller
One week away. I am getting excited. Is there any new news?
Pre-reg is over now. But you can still register on or site http://www.magicartsguild.com . We are going to extend the Pre-reg prices until Monday. Thanks
Chris Capehart has been confirmed for next year!! There are spots still open for this weekend. Sign up at http://www.magicartsguild.com .
I was lax in getting my room. The wonderful hotel staff still gave me the maga price. See you guys this weekend.
Hey guys,

If there's anyone here looking to split a room for the convention, let me know!!!
Just and Update Richard Sanders is stuck in Paris at the moment. We are working on getting him here. We will keep you posted.
What's the chances of Sanders making it at least for his lecture on Sunday, even if he can't make it to Judge the competition Friday night? He was one of the lecturers I was most looking forward to, and haven't seen before.

Larry
I just want to thank all the people who came and joined us this year. This was our first convention and we have bumps in the road but we made it. I want to thanks Daryl, Mike Powers, Nathan Kranzo, Sean Fields, Joe Jesse, Keone, Eric Jones, and all my Maga members for making this weekend awesome. Thank you all for your comments. For those who came down to join us this year you will getting a coupon for $20 off your pre-registration or registration for next year. That is our little way of saying thank you. Please check back on our website soon for more info on next year. Thank you all again. http://www.magicartsguild.com
Paul you set up one kick *** convention! I can't wait to come back.

Thanks for having me!

All the best,

Kranzo
[quote]
On 2007-03-23 14:06, jussy wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

LOL! Fortunately for you...

All the best,

Kranzo
Paul, you really had a great convention. I can't wait till next year. I had a blast watching the lectures. Sean Fields really has some killer effects. Kranzo is King. Mike Powers has some great stuff. Keone RULES. Daryl dominated. Even Eric Jones showed us why he is called Godhandz. Great convention. See every one next year. Joe Jesse
I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the MAGA convention this past weekend. It was terrific seeing guys that I've only corresponded with online strut their stuff up close and personal. Joe Jesse is an animal, thanks for hosting all the late night sessions. Keone Valdez has a silky smooth pair of hands and some of the sexiest flourishes I've ever witnessed. Mike Powers fooled me several times during the convention and is a true gentleman. Daryl showed everyone that he was really the Magicians' Magician. Sean Fields got some great reactions from the hotties with his effect SAW. Nate Kranzo fooled the hell out of us all with the ring in the lemon effect and actually made me laugh out loud at several points during his act. Thanks for making me feel like a kid again.

Thanks to all the Staff at the convention and a special thanks to Chairman Paul Emmanuel for the MAGA convention organization. I can't wait to see you guys again next year!!!!!!
I want to thank you all again for coming to our convention. The Line-up will be posted next week for 2008. See ya there!!!
This convention was a blast!

Thank you, Paul, for bringing me down.

It was an absolutely fantastic experience. Daryl is simply one of the best performers/lecturers around. Keone is a flourish monster. Joe Jesse is simply insane. Mike Powers is brilliant, and a heck of a nice guy. My man Kranzo simply destroyed everyone as usual. Eric Jones is aptly named Godhandz; he is incredible.

I cannot wait until next year.

We had some monster late night sessions, and that was fun. Lots of fun.

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to see you all next year!

Fields
[quote]
On 2007-04-02 17:25, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]
What is that supposed to mean nate?
Justin N.Miller
All of the talent listed above was so willing to spend the time teaching and sharing ideas with all who attended the convention. I have been to my share of conventions where it was all about selling products for the lecturers, but not the group that Paul put together for the MAGA convention. It was an extremely valuable experience, and I look forward to next year. Thanks Paul!
I can't wait to see Nate perform again. He is one heck of a nice guy and an even better performer. Its nice to see someone as gifted as Kranzo share his material.

Joe Jesse
[quote]
On 2007-04-04 15:46, jussy wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-04-02 17:25, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]
What is that supposed to mean nate?
Justin N.Miller

[/quote]

It's none of my business, but I'm assuming Nathan was laughing because he thought Justin meant to say "unfortunately". The way it's written it reads as if Justin feel fortunate that he can't attend.

Not sure what "on your mind" is talking about.
No,
I meant fortunately.
Justin N. Miller
Oh, then I WAS way off base. That's what I get for sticking my nose into other folks business.

Carry on.
Sorry, let me clarify Vandy Grift, I meant fortunately to mean that I am very fortunate right now to be on a lecture tour, not fortunate meaning I wasn't going to be at this convention. It sounds like a great line up. Sorry if that was misinterpreted.
LOL! I hear ya Jussy.
It was a GREAT line up!

All the best,

Kranzo
Kranzo, Fields, Godhandz, Keone, Joe, Nikki these guys are the reasons I got into magic. To have fun and take the time to share knowledge. There were no egos to be found. Daryl was awsome he took time to talk with me and sign my copy of Brainstorm. Powers floored me with some awsome mental card effects. Paul you were like Voltron's head and the rest of us your arms and legs. Great job bud. To the MAGA club your cherry has been popped, great job and I will see you next year. I can't wait to SESSION again with you guys, we truly made history...watch out for the flying monkeys...hey K wanna see a hot dog trick. Also someone got my Tricycle case and I ended up with some Canadian cards (Fields?) oh well the price you pay for late night magic jams. Next year lets get Paul Harris I'll buy his rootbeer. Peace,
Kevin
HA HA HA HA....

He said hot dog.....If I see that *** trick one more time before I get to heaven, I'm going to send the guy that showed it to me there ahead of me......lol
LMFAO Eric

Video coming soon. Joe's point of view. lol.
Yes the Hot Dog master with be in full effect next year. I will see if we can't get him a new vest by then. LMAO
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Line up is done for next year. We will start another topic soon with some info about next year's convention. Also check http://www.joejesse.com/forum/ for more discussion on next year.
http://www.joejesse.com/videos/misc/maga1.wmv

There is the video from the convention. The highlights. I had a blast. I can't wait till next year.
Next year's Lineup will be released on Friday!!! I will keep ya posted. THANKS!!!!
Sweet! Can't wait...

Kranzo
Here is next year's lineup. Some of our talent is returning next year to bring you more mania. Here we go!!!

Michael Finney
Chris Capehart
Shoot Ogawa
Kainoa Harbottle
Nathan Kranzo
John Tudor
Robert Moreland
Eric Jones
Joe Jesse
Luke Dancy
Sean Fields
Keone

We also have a Surprise guest in store!!! MORE TO FOLLOW!!!!!
Besides me that is a killer line up!!! Will be tuff to beat last year but this is a good start.

All the best,

Kranzo
WOW,

What a line up. Perfect timeing too. Now I have till next year to work on my french drop.

See ya'll next year,

Robbie Moreland
[quote]
On 2007-04-28 19:08, RMoreland wrote:
WOW,

What a line up. Perfect timeing too. Now I have till next year to work on my french drop.

See ya'll next year,

Robbie Moreland
[/quote]

And I might just have my double undercut down pat by then.......
French Drop? Double Undercut? (umm I need to learn how to hold my silks properly. Darn Monkeys) Man I reeeaally need to practice for next year. I can't wait. :P
Alright guys. Don't be bringing out the big guns on me now. I will have to slay you with "The Glide"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY4pSUToWms

Later gang,

Robbie
I'm putting the finishing touches on my hamburger-cheeseburger transposition. I promise no squeaker either. This should give hot dog boy a run for his money.
Hotel is booked for the convention next year!!! It is the soon to be Hilton Doubletree. More to come..... http://www.magicartsguild.com
Oh wow...DoubleTree....Ballin'.....lol
Yeah Got two executive suites those will be session central lol!!!
I have a new version of Card on Sky in the works. You guys are gonna trip.