(Close Window)
Topic: List of Magic TV Series - Do you Know of Any?
Here is a list of TV shows series aired on television. [b]Do you Know of any others?[/b]
(Not specials like Magic Circus or World's Greatest Magicians)
[list][b]
[*] [url=http://www.markwilsonmagic.com/] Mark Wilson and The Magic Land of Allakazam[/url] (5 Years - 1960)
[*] Dick Williams and Magic Land (23 Years)
[*] [url=http://www.magic2motivate.com/]Wacky Magic Cartoon Club with Steve Hart[/url] (1 Year)
[*] [url=http://www.magicweek.co.uk/review_video_magic_ranch.htm] Don Alan's Magical Ranch[/url] (13 Episoles 1961)
[*] [url=http://www.drmagicshow.net/home_magic.htm]Dr. Magic Show[/url] (Still Running on Local Cable.)
[/b][/list]
You forgot "The Magic Clown" ('51-52,NBC), Gerry Larsen (Bill Larsen Sr.'s wife) that did "The Magic Lady" in the late 40's, "The Kuda Bux Show", "The Dunninger Show", "The Amazing World of Kreskin", "The Paul Daniels Magic Show", "The Magic Palace" (Dale Harney's syndicated series in the late 70's), "Maximum Dimensions" (Max Maven's educational series) plus there are several other series in the UK at present.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Mr.Wizard... more of a science show, but it had some magic type stuff too.
You forgot early 70's magician star Bill Bixby playing a magician gum shoe solving crimes.
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Feb 7, 2003 01:25PM)
Ah yes, Bill Bixby. He wanted my dad to work with him on a movie in Canada long ago.

Bill Bixby did enjoy magic.
Bill Bishop The world of magic.
I think that's the title out of Chicago.
Was on about ten years ago. Maybe still on. I don't know.
If you check out the BBC and ITV archives, both available on-line, you will find listings for series by David Berglas, David Nixon, Wayne Dobson and series such as 'The Best of Magic', 'Secret Cabaret', 'The Magic Comedy Show' and 'Something Strange - with Max Maven'. All of these were aired throughout the UK.

Good luck!
Paul Daniels, that World's Greatest Magic thing and the masked magician to name but three!

:P
When I was in England back in '92 I actually caught [i]Secret Cabaret[/i] on the BBC. That was the coolest.

It featured magicians from all over the country and there were new ones every week. They all performed in kind of a "WGM" style, but it was great to see famous and not so famous magicians sharing a stage. We should do that here. I have heard of some larger areas that do public access that some magicians do perform on weekly shows.

S. Patrick
Gerri Larsen's [i]The Magic Lady[/i] was one of, if not the first, show for children which used magic. For those not familiar with Gerri Larsen, think Bill and Milt Larsen of the Magic Castle—it was their mother.

There was also Dunninger's television show from the 50's and Kreskin's in the 70's. Mark Wilson also had his show [i]Magic Circus[/i].

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
What was the show in the 80's about a crime solving magician with Hal Linden and Harry Morgan???
Magic (the magazine) had a whole series discussing magic on TV (local shows, specials, British shows, and more - ten parts in all I think) a couple of years or so ago.
Hal Linden's show was titled "Black's Magic" and was shot in Vancouver, Canada.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
A few more I can think of offhand (all UK TV);

"Stuff The White Rabbit" BBC2 - I forget who was involved, but it was mostly card tricks as I recall.
Various Penn and Teller vehicles - channel 4
Max Magic - Sky 1 - Max Somerset and friends (including Joe Piper, who posts here), just concluded. A thoroughly enjoyable series, see seperate threads.
Quick Trick Show - Childrens' ITV
Illusions - Childrens' ITV (80's)
The Hypnotic World Of Paul McCenna ITV - very succesful 90's primetime hypnosis series.

And may I add that Secret Cabaret was ace. I wish I still had my old tapes of it; unfortunately they got taped over with horrible soap operas by my Mum and sister (these things happen when you're growing up in a family environment), which means the only video footage I still have of the wonderful Simon Drake (who is one of my heroes) is from the Iron Maiden "Raising Hell" special. If anyone has a source for Secret Cabaret tapes I would be very interested.

I suppose since Bill Bixby's been mentioned, "Jonathan Creek" could get a mention here - a BBC murder mystery series where the hero is an illusion designer for a comically pretentious stage magician, who (the hero not the magi) uses his knowledge of magic principles to solve crimes. It's a good show and a lot of fun, but is notorious for having some of the most ridiculous "solutions" ever seen in the history of the whodunnit genre.
What about the Jerry Sadowitz vehicles that have appeared sparodically on BBC2 and Channel 5 over the last decade or so?
I really enjoy Jonathan Creek. It's newer episodes though, where his original sidekick woman is now gone, have even more rediculous outcomes. Still a fun show to watch. Many shows have also had some kind of magic cameo, such as the X-files episode with Ricky Jay. It was in season 7 or 9, I can't recall which offhand.

Kevin
Secret Cabaret was fantastic. I also enjoyed the 4 parter 'Magick' which was on chan 4 in the UK last year. Stuart Mcleod and Barry Jones
The show that got me started in magic about 19 years ago and was the first show of one of our greatest magicians;

"Ticks and Tracks"_ Childrens BBC One
Paul Zenon
If you bring up creek then you can add

Bulls**T by Penn and Teller
Mystery Hunters David Acer

War of the wizards show ( IBM VS SAM) I bevlive it was on tv.

That is all I can think of.

Tom
Good evening,

I am a French magician and I have collected the TV of magic of the whole world for more than 20 years.

If you are intérréssED contact me I will give you more precise but there is more than 600 emissions last on our televisions.

In this connection I seek collectors to make exchanges

Not serious to abstain from.
The first TV series I saw Paul Daniels on in the 70's was called 'For My Next Trick' with Terry Seabrook, John Wade and impressionist Faith Brown.

Long time ago but two things stand out in my memory:

PD did a stunning Siros levitation right beside the front row of the studio audiance and a wonderful Misers Dream with Faith Brown ((un)dressed à la 'Cabaret') singing Money Makes The World Go Around. Coins and notes seemed to pop out of every part of her body!

Can someone please tell me the name of a new TV show about magic or magician's. It's not the show 'The Magicians' on the SyFy network. I head about a new one, but can't remember any of the details.

Thanks!
I think it has something to do with a magician helping the police (or FBI or CIA) debunk phony psychics. It is not a documentary (or fake documentary even)
You're not referring to Shut Eye are you? It's about a retired stage magician turned conman ("Gypsy").
Shut Eye is a pretty good show. It was filmed in Vancouver, Canada, but took place in SoCal.
I have quite a few TV series Doug Henning David Nixon,PauL Daniels Stuff WHite Rabbit Money Magic ,also a timecoded copy of UK mentalist Marc Paul's rarely seen Tv series.PLus lots of other rare stuff my memory wont let me remember right now.
[quote]On Jan 7, 2017, acortest wrote:
Can someone please tell me the name of a new TV show about magic or magician's. It's not the show 'The Magicians' on the SyFy network. I head about a new one, but can't remember any of the details.

Thanks! [/quote]

I think you might be thinking of "Deception" which should be running on ABC.

1999 saw a short lived animated series called "The Magician" where a 21st Century magician fought crime on the side.
I'm re-watching a show called "The Mentalist". The show is a crime/drama about a former Psychic/Mentalist tracking down a serial killer. Magic is not the primary focus of the show, but lots of fun tidbits (both magic and mentalism).
Hustle was a good series that showed a lot of sleight of hand and such.
Derren brown has also had a few tv shows that were all good. The masked magician (whatever your thoughts) was also quite popular and I believe is still available on a few streaming sites.
There's obviously hundreds, many have been mentioned. There's shows that are actual magic shows, like David Blaine's Specials and Dynamo's Magician Impossible, then there's shows that are fictional but feature magic/mentalist themes like The Mentalist. Additionally, there's documentaries and reality shows about magicians, gamblers, con artists or magic history, like the old BBC History of Magic, And then there's talent shows which either often have magic acts on them, like AGT, or which are entirely about magic, like Penn and Teller Fool Us.

I didn't see Phenomenon mentioned, but I've only skimmed the thread.

I imagine a full list woild end up being quite huge! :)
The Wonderful World of Magic, from the 70's staring Bill Bixby. It consisted of acts recorded from FISM.
December Bride"

"December Bride" had Harry Morgan as the amateur magician neighbor, he played the same part on "Pete and Geladas."

"
[quote]On Jan 8, 2017, acortest wrote:
I think it has something to do with a magician helping the police (or FBI or CIA) debunk phony psychics. It is not a documentary (or fake documentary even) [/quote]
I recently saw a tv show called deception I believe this is what you were talking about
[quote]On Mar 16, 2018, Teddy Meagher wrote:
[quote]On Jan 8, 2017, acortest wrote:
I think it has something to do with a magician helping the police (or FBI or CIA) debunk phony psychics. It is not a documentary (or fake documentary even) [/quote]
I recently saw a tv show called deception I believe this is what you were talking about [/quote]

No, that would have been The Mentalist. Deception had no phony psychics being debunked. Only the viewers were conned. Deception, by the way, has not been renewed, but you can see it on Hulu if you want to see season 1.
Does anyone have an episode list and/or any other information about Peter Pit's "Watch Closely" TV series? Vernon and Channing Pollock were among Peter's guests._GENII_ reported in "Bagdad" for May 1968:
"IN HOLLYWOOD, Peter Pit filmed the first show of a proposed series on magic for television, called 'Watch Closely.' It will be a half-hour show featuring magicians from all over the world. Peter is the star and co-producer. A very animated magicians’ rabbit named Tricky O’Hare assists Peter."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
There are obviously hundreds of magic tv shows over the years and in many languages. We have tried to compile the list of American shows that pushed magic in a new direction, helped shape the field of magic, or tried to envision TV magic in a completely new way. Here goes... https://www.carnivalofillusion.com/best-magic-tv-shows-of-all-time.php
Tricky TV by Stephen Mulhern was one of my favorite magic shows.
Jay Sankey had a show called Spellz which taught some great magic