(Close Window)
Topic: Baby Stinky
Is anyone familiar with this wonderful puppet and has anyone structured an effect around it? I'm working on one now.
Hello Sandstar

Gordon Astley who acted as the Butler at our 'Hammer Family' nights used to use 'stinky'. During the latter part of the evening he would carry the baby and introduce it as 'Baby Hammer', then ask one of the female guests to hold it for him and then suddenly reveal it's face. It always caused a scream and then a laugh. However I have never heard of a 'routine' using the baby.

Best of luck, if it can be done it would be a unique effect indeed.

Keith Hart
About twenty years ago when I was a bartender,I used to alway's carry Baby Stinky in the trunk of my car.
I would wait until the opportune time when it was about 98 degrees outside....When I would get some older female guests...I would act like I forgot about my kid in the car.
The usual scenario was the ladies would begin chastising me..."Are you crazy?...you left a child in your car in this heat"...yada yada.

I would rush out to my car and return with Baby Stinky.[I also had a small tape player and a great cassette of a baby crying]
The women would be going nuts..."you should call 911 etc."{The locals were in on it and would just sit there].
So the baby would be crying,and would finally 'burp' and stop crying,at which time I would turn the baby around and reveal the face to much laughter and screaming.
At the time this was quite hilarious.The cassette was a marketed item,but I don't know if it is still available.
I don't think this qualifies as a routine,but it mighy give you a couple of ideas.

I just remembered the tape also had a segment of the baby sucking on her bottle.{I used a tiny baby bottle]

So the tape format was:Crying...then sucking sounds on the bottle...then quiet...then a loud burp...and crying again.

It was a lot of laughs. :)

Rich
Thanks to both of you for those great stories. I have such a perverse sense of humor that I have always loved the response to Stinky. Several times I have given him as a birthday gift to friends. As far as a routine is concerned, I think that a Stinky version of John Archer's Collared (based on the Koran medallion concept) would be absolutely hilarious. The idea would be that this is a Goth baby with his own dog collar. But he has no name yet and the audience needs to name him. That's the jist of Archer's great routine. He uses a stuffed dog. John told me that Collared is soon to be released by Alakazam.
Though a bit more expensive, I think I prefer Its Alive.
http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Props/Puppets/Its+Alive-1005004/?utm_source=sli&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=champ

Dave
Ooh...What a pretty lil thing that is...
I would love it and squeeze it and name it George...
Thanks for the link Dave!
Gwyd
Yeah, I've seen It's Alive before. It's pretty cool, but my vote still goes to Stinky. I don't know why, but for me there's just something particularly vile and hilarious about BS. It's Alive looks a bit too Hollywood.
Interesting site...
Thank you....I keep the addres, I m sure will need this someday.

CC
[quote]
On 2007-01-24 05:41, PaleoMagi wrote:
About twenty years ago when I was a bartender,I used to alway's carry Baby Stinky in the trunk of my car.
I would wait until the opportune time when it was about 98 degrees outside....When I would get some older female guests...I would act like I forgot about my kid in the car.
The usual scenario was the ladies would begin chastising me..."Are you crazy?...you left a child in your car in this heat"...yada yada.

I would rush out to my car and return with Baby Stinky.[I also had a small tape player and a great cassette of a baby crying]
The women would be going nuts..."you should call 911 etc."{The locals were in on it and would just sit there].
So the baby would be crying,and would finally 'burp' and stop crying,at which time I would turn the baby around and reveal the face to much laughter and screaming.
At the time this was quite hilarious.The cassette was a marketed item,but I don't know if it is still available.
I don't think this qualifies as a routine,but it mighy give you a couple of ideas.

I just remembered the tape also had a segment of the baby sucking on her bottle.{I used a tiny baby bottle]

So the tape format was:Crying...then sucking sounds on the bottle...then quiet...then a loud burp...and crying again.

It was a lot of laughs. :)

Rich
[/quote]

Classic.....:cool:
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Feb 26, 2007 05:44PM)
It's Alive is wicked! I just flashed on the image of trying to board a plane with that little precious tot. A babe in arms. HA!

As for baby stinky, I have not heard of this puppet. However, David Ginn did one called "Computer Baby" that was similar to this. It was a mini cassette player that wore a little diaper. It cried, laughed, made sucking noises when fed a bottle, and burped on cue. Really funny and always good for a laugh.