(Close Window)
Topic: Protecting paint
Hello all,

I just refurbished one of my old tables and put a lot of work into the paint job it got. I would hate for it to get ruined prematurely.

I was wondering if there is some kind of clear coat or sealer that can go over the finished job to protect it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
A clear spray laquer may work. The Osborne books discuss types of painting, paints and finishes. Dick Gustafson also has a book out which discusses the home workshop and his suggested finishes. If you have the Osborne books, take a look in there. I am sure you willl find something. If not, maybe there is someone here with actual industry experience on finishes that could post something for all of us on recommendations today.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Anybody have any experience with this? C'mon :)

Brian
Hi guyes we use a clear automotive clearcoat to protect our surfaces.

~Adamant Design & Fabrication
The best method of protecting paint I've seen is protective cases.
clear automotive clearcoat is the best.

Zigmont
I went to the local paint store and they gave me a few options. I went with Minwax Polyurethane. The first coat is drying right now and so far so good. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Thanks for the recomendations!

The polyurethane I used turned out real nice. I'd recommend it to anyone doing any type of similar projects. You can get it in high gloss and a satin (duller clear) finish.

Good Luck!
Brian