(Close Window)
Topic: Melvin Burkhart Tribute
On Saturday Feb. 17th, 2007, we will be doing a tribute to Melvin Burkhart-The Original Human Blockhead, on what would have been his 100th birthday. The time is 2pm. The place is the Coney Island Museum, 1208 Surf Ave. (at 12th St.) in Coney Island, NY. It will be a party with guest speakers talking about the man, footage of Melvin, champagne and cake. We encourage all blockheads to come and bring a nail as we will salute Melvin by doing a mass Blockhead Act! Even if you don't do the act, we encourage everyone to come and pay tribute to a truly original performer and one of the nicest guys ever.
I'm going to try and make it.

Brett.
Count me in Todd
Are we the only ones from the Café going?
I would truly love to attend, but we have a show that night.

If it doesn't feel too forced, perhaps I'll dedicate my blockhead routine to Melvin at that show.
[quote]
On 2007-02-12 19:47, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Are we the only ones from the Café going?
[/quote]

Appears so, unless of course people are just sort of playing their week by ear. I just knew well in advance my weekends would be free hence my response. Looking forward to meeting ya Brett.
You too, much fun to be had I expect.

Brett.
Todd,
Please count me in on that, I would be honored to pay tribute to a man that has helped all of us make some money.