(Close Window)
Topic: Help Wanted -Finisher/Spray Painting
Looking to farm out some work and need a professional finisher/painter. I will not even pretend that I fair well with paint gun in my hand, a loaded 45 would probally yield better results for me :)

Anyhow looking for someone to do some spray work, simple one color items.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks
Jake
If your piece is sanded, primed and ready to go, any autobody shop will do it for an hourly rate, plus paint. Auto paint these days is a 2 part mixture.. practially bomb proof. It's not normal for them to paint something not a car.. but smaller ones will do it.. you local earl sheib may not. Just make sure it's pre-finished..if they have to do any sanding or priming at all.. they probably can't do it. they don't' normally work with wood.

Most cabinet shops these days work with pre-finished MDF or veneers... and may no longer be able to help you.
Bottles?
Hey there Jake,

I live 2700 miles away from you so this advice may be of limited use. Go look up furniture stores in your town. We have one here that you bring him a picture from a magazine of what you like, and he builds a knock off. His finishing job is minimalistic, but very good. He event adds a bottle of extra touch up paint in the color of your choosing. You might find such a place in and big city.

Good luck
Jake, have you considered powder coating? It works on just about anything from shock absorbers to peddle cars. The variety fo colors are almost endless.
! was always under the impression that powder coating is only for metal items as you have to put the item in an oven. Am I wrong?
Ray
Ray,

You are not wrong, powder coating is usually an epoxy based material that is electrostatically deposited and baked in place at about 350F.

Regards,
Bill Sutter
I thought the items to be painted, are metal. Did I misunderstand?