(Close Window)
Topic: Best Of Friends III
Anyone have this book by Harry Lorayne? It hit the market a couple weeks ago. How about a review? Thank you.
Cardamagically,
:hypnodisk: KRaZy4KaRdZ :hypnodisk:
:) :bwink:
I've ordered this but haven't received my copy yet, but I live in Hong Kong. Any body had received the book?
I had an email from Harry that the book was slightly delayed at the printer
due (in part) to all the bad winter weather in the USA.

I am waiting for my copy!
Yes, me too. I really can't wait to have a glance of the book. :)

Best,
Andrew Loh
All present orders are in the mail!! Finally. As of just yesterday. Andrew,you're going to wait a long time, since I don't have an order from you. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
Can't wait for my copy!
I'm just back from a week in Vegas with my wife and 8 year old son, Noah. We saw lots of magic.
I was pleasantly surprised to see, in one of the Houdini magic shop tourist traps, a copy of "My Favorite Card Tricks" for sale. That and the Tarbell course were the only "real" items in the shop!
Coincidentally, I had a copy back in my hotel room which I had brought from NY to read on the plane.
Larry Zaslow
Harry,
Can you give us here on the board a price for Best of Friends 3? Or do we need to email you?
Thanks
Wade
From the ad in the current Genii:
BOF III is $76.95 plus $7.95 for US shipping. Total of $84.90
Contact Harry directly for ordering.
Best,
Larry Zaslow
That's correct,if you send a check or Postal Money Order. For credit card or PayPal payment, please add $5.00 to cover extra charges. Best bet is to email me directly at the email address below. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.
Thanks to both you gentlemen. Time to start bothering the wife for a few extra bucks here and there. And Harry, when ready I will send you an email.
Thanks again
That's great news. Can't wait to receive my copy!
Well, it's the 24th of May and I still haven't seen a review on this book. Anyone read this yet? What's your opinion?
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>>DOM
:) :bwink: :confused: :(
I personally love this book. It offers a huge selection of ďAĒ material from an incredible list of creators/performers. I am not anywhere near getting all the way through it, given that it offers 522 pages, and roughly 130 items from 40+ contributors (ďAĒ list of names, as well) but Iím certainly enjoying reading and working my way toward the final page. With more and more single item, $15 - $20+ releases (many of which arenít worth the cost of the free shipping) itís amazing (and heartening) to find such a value, filled with the caliber of material and quality of instruction that Harry Lorayne is so well known for, and continues to deliver.

My two cents... :)
As a matter of fact, I like a lot of the material in this book, too. It is almost as good as the first volume, which is my favourite volume in the series with lots of stuff that was rather groundbreaking.
(I only wish that it had line drawings like the other volumes instead of photographs, which I usually prefer.)

Denis
Hi: There was, is, a review of BEST OF FRIENDS, VOL. 3 in the June (I think) issue of GENII magazine (by Mike Close). People who know me, or rather my work, don't wait for reviews. And I don't bother sending review copies to anyone. Those who want to do reviews have to "manage" on their own. I honestly don't need reviews. Interesting - everyone is raving about, well, at least happy about, the wonderfully clear and explanatory photographs of my hands in the book - but, "there's always one". HL
[quote]
On 2007-05-24 11:35, Denis Behr wrote:
As a matter of fact, I like a lot of the material in this book, too. It is almost as good as the first volume, which is my favourite volume in the series with lots of stuff that was rather groundbreaking.
(I only wish that it had line drawings like the other volumes instead of photographs, which I usually prefer.)

Denis
[/quote]
Thanks Denis, I feel that Volume I is the best also and the drawings are a work of art IMHO.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRazy4KaRdZ>>> DOM
:) :bwink:
BOF 3 is AWESOME! I have been fooling everyone with Guess Quotient for the past week. The entire book is full of WORKABLE TRICKS! That's right, a book full of tricks that you WILL use and will fit perfectly into any serious worker's set list. This book is easy worth twice the asking price.
How does the quality of the material in Volume 3 compare with Volumes 1 & 2?
Motown, this is the best submission I have ever seen from Harry. It blows it predessors out of the water. The Allen Ackerman and Andi Gladwin Material is top notch. There is an awesome Max Maven Card Trick, and Sol Stone's material is (as always) awesome. $500+ pages of usable material.
Thanks! Good to hear.
Any idea where can get BOF 2? Tks
Have you checked with Harry Lorayne?

[quote]
On 2007-08-01 12:25, Andrew Loh wrote:
Any idea where can get BOF 2? Tks

[/quote]
Best of Friends Volume 2 is Out Of Print. Check ebay for a copy.
There is one at a local store here. I can check the price this weekend if you wish
Thanks folks but I have checked with Harry Lorayne, out of stock!

Andrew
Why is one and three available, and not two? WHY is two out of print?
[quote]
On 2007-08-07 16:52, sirbrad wrote:
Why is one and three available, and not two? WHY is two out of print?
[/quote]

Because it was published over 20 years ago and has sold out!

Volume 1 was first publised in the early 80's but it was reprinted by L&L maybe 5 years ago, so copies of the reprint are still available, and Volume 3 only came out this year. Volume 2 has only ever been published by HL himself, and hasn't been reprinted in recent years.

I agree with those who say that Volume 3 is the best of the three volumes - it contains a phenomenal amount of workable material.
I think if you manage to get BOF 1 & 3, it will keep you busy for quite some times and the quality of the materials from various excellent contributors. Should be a great read during holidays.
This one is on my "to buy" list!
Best Of Friends III is incredibly jam-packed with great material. I'm currently wading through it slowly, page by page. Full of excellent & doable magic. As usual, Harry's writing is very lucid, clear & entertaining. I especially like the numerous amount of photos of Harry's hands demonstrating the moves, it makes everything much more easy to follow.

All of Harry's books are really worth getting.

Best,
AL