(Close Window)
Topic: Instant Thread system - Bruno Copin
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

does anyone has this? is this something like yigal mesika elastic?
I think this is the correct link:

http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/products_detail.cfm?item=8045
Although I don't have Mesika's system, I believe Copin's is not like Mesika's system. Copin doesn't use elastic thread and the set up is quite unique, nothing like the other ideas out there. It will improve thread management a lot and make it much easier if you break one!

Cheers,
Al
I'm wondering how easy to hook this up. Is it like a reel where you can easily pin it?
This is a gimmick that allow you to secretly steal the thread and hook it up. The hook up is easy and unoticed. But the problem is it only hold one thread at a time and it is quite big (relative to boss reel).

I don't think it worth that much money. But then again, if you are a daily IT user, it can save your whole trick if your original thread is broken. So I guess whether it is worthwhile depend on who you are.
Ok thanks, quite interesting, but my only concern is the size. How big are we talking about? more than size of a pen?
About the size of a T.T.
This device has no equivalent, it's the only system which does what it does, as far as I know.
It allows you to get "instantly" a defined lengh of IT with two anchorpoints.

"it can save your whole trick if your original thread is broken":
I guess it's what it has been invented for.
It also allows you to be ready at any time, which is usually impossible with these kinds of hook up.
Is the device suitable for "impromptu" situation?
What do you mean of impromptu? If you means that you can instant perform IT works with the ITS. I supposed it can.

You put your ITS in your pocket and then you can steal it out anytime and hook up with minimal notice frm the spectator. But you only have one thread. You need about 1-2 minutes "private time" to reset the gimmick for another thread.
What I mean by impromptu is a sudden situation where you ask to do magic and where you have very little time to do any preparation.

ITS sound pretty 'impromptu-ish' for me.
In this sense, it is a good tool. But then, you can have similar effect with many other IT gimmicks which is much cheaper.

Sounds like you are very interesting in it. So I guess it doesn't hurt to buy one as long as you can afford it. It is a good tool. My major concern is the price.
This ITS is the best invention in invisible thread world before a very long time.
I pass long time with Bruno Copain this past week end, and he make for me a lot of demonstration of his repertory.
One word, marvelous...

I spend lot of training time with IT, but without do it in real condition. That is because of the set up and the problème to have the IT before the begining of your show.
With the ITS, you can, when you want, do IT work in any part of your show.
You are afraid to break, no problem. Just wear an other its and you have an other thread allready in position.

So, I the ITS is my best utility purchase in magic before long time.

My two cent

damien
Does he teach the handnling for the card that turns over and spins?
No, unfortunately. You need to buy the DVD (called friends?) to lrn that. It only have a piece of small paper talking about how to hook up.
Pete,
It s a GREAT DVD he uses thread in a way like no one else has.
Justin N. Miller
Agree. It is an excellent DVD. But it is very expensive. Then again, expensive or not depend on who you are I suppose?
I honestly do not see how this has any advantage over a reel.
[quote]
On 2007-03-14 05:42, gdw wrote:
I honestly do not see how this has any advantage over a reel.
[/quote]

For me, have a "free" thread and not a tended thread is not comparable, you are more free in my opinion, you can animate the "thing" when you want.
So, the utility is not the same, if you just do a floating bill, continu with a reel.
But if you would have a new tool to do real magic, go with free thread.
And the ITS is the new way to manage it...

my two cents
damien
What exactly do you mean by a "free" thread?

One without tension? This is why I use the Spider Pen. Instant access to a tension free thread, or one with tension if you wish.
I mean without tension yes.
And like I say it, it's not comparable with a classic ITR.
But I don't know the spider pen, I never use it.
Because of the pen you can't have the body hook where you want
It's a question of sensation. But I prefere to attach the tread behind my ear and I can have a very good control on it.
With an ITR, I'm not sur of that.
You can do that with the spider pen. If you are interested in those types of anchor set ups and want to have them on the fly, then I would advise trying out the Spider Pen.
If this allowed for many uses with out the reset, I think it would be great. Other wise, it's just a thread holder. There are many ways to store, or spool your IT before you want it.

It certainly does sound like it may be an interesting item, and the methods shared and handling in the vid sure are probably great, but I am not sure it sounds to practical for me.
O.K. its not too expensive so I just ordered it from HP. Will take a week to get here, then I'll tell you what I think. If you can hook up for KJ rose on the fly, it'll be worth it.
Well it arrived yesterday and I put it together last night. What it does is delivers a pre determined length of thread with the balls of wax on ends or leave one end anchored to the holder. You determine the length you want stored It is not a thread reel. I prefer a single thread for some IT work instead of useing a reel, this delivers that single thread beautifully and covertly for a seemingly impromptu type situation. You can safely carry it around till needed. Alternatively, if the thread on your reel broke, you could hook up in front of spectators and continue most effects. Its simple, and you carry it in your pocket or cigarette pack etc, etc. The instructions are a bit of a problem, written on a very small sheet, like the warrenty you get with a casio watch, it must be a French thing. I had to read it a couple of times but finally got there. The ideas for hooking up in front of persons is clever. If you are a thread worker I'd say you will like this. IMHO it was worth the money
Question : Do you got some IT included with the buy of this ITS ?
I got some sample. But the adv doesn't said that it is included. So I am not sure whether I am lucky or it is standard.

Still, 50 bucks for a holder of one thread, I think it is a bit expensive. Seriously, you can make your own (with difft methods) very cheap. I made one myself few yrs ago with dental foss box. It can serve similar purpose very well.
I received thread with it as well
Yes it comes with the thread. Please guys, don't tell too many people about Copin's thread work. SSSSHHHHHHHHH!

Cheers,
Al :)
Does it come with just the workings of the holder, or some actual routines as well??

There are several thread storage systems discussed on the Ammar thread videos too mind you. I modified one method into a gimmick contained within a stack of cards and it held several lengths of thread at once, all with anchors for both ends.

I am still not too convinced on the benifits of this system.

Again, though, does it have routines and work included that may be worth while ontop of the storage?

Thanks
Glenn
No, its just a good single thread hookup storage system, no routines. It does instruct you how to hook up in front of people so it looks like its very impromptu though. Nothing earth shattering, but clever. I think HP have them on special at present till tomorrow night
I came up with a system just like this about 2 years ago I posted in the ITR section using a pen tube and a rod I am wondering if it is the same set up. Mine was plenty small enough to fit under a watch so the size description seems off so it might not be. Just wondering.
I received mine today. It's a clever gimmick. It is not too big and can fit into your jeans nicely. No long set up.The hook-up only takes few seconds and you can do it in front of your spectator! Great for 'impromptu' situation.Defitinely worth the money.

anyway, I suggest you guys to purchase his "FRIENDS" dvd as well. There are some great ideas in the dvd.
[quote]
If you can hook up for KJ rose on the fly, it'll be worth it.
[/quote]

takeachance, did it work well for the KJ rose?
Yes, I use the Fearson hookup and with a bit of practice it means you can carry it all day (or days)ready for the right moment and hook up with any napkin rose. If you were to do KJ's full version I would stick to his hookup though, Copins allows you a shortened version seemingly improptu.
The DVD are coming in 2 volumes. Are they both explaining all routines using ITS?
[quote]
On 2007-04-11 00:15, indomagic wrote:
The DVD are coming in 2 volumes. Are they both explaining all routines using ITS?
[/quote]

They both explaining routines with IT.
Not with ITS which is a IT holder.
Does anyone know how good Copins invisible thread is? He sells it for 25 dollars and I really don't want to buy it if it is just kevlar or wooly nylon.
Is Mr. Copin's ITS anything like Socrate's Spider Gimmick?