(Close Window)
Topic: Boxing Match by Masuda
Does this effect use a force or is can it be any chosen card? And does this give other info for other possibilities for the gimmick?
Yes... a force is required. Other possibilities for the gimmick are not supplied, but with a wee bit of imagination, other applications will become self evident. A very nice and visual card switch device.
The method I have learned uses a force, it's a really great trick.
Is a specific force required or can it be any force, i.e. hindu shuffle?
This is an AMAZING trick! Well made, ANY card is chosen, no need to know any type of force. You show the deck with different cards, have them chose one!

Great idea, and a great trick
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 21, 2007 11:51PM)
It is a very nice trick . . . the idea behind is perhaps even better. Masuda is a very bright thinker.
I aggree. Masuda is a mastermind. And yes there is a force but it is quite easy to do.
When I watched the demo on you tube, I could swear the inside of the card case looked like there was some black writing in it after he removed the KS until he changed the angle.
Is this in any form or shape in terms of force similar to Jay Sankey's Penalty Box?
I just watched the demo and I understand it's totally different.
I have this and F.B.H. , F.B.H is pretty good but you will need to start using one of the supplies that comes with it once you use it a lot. You can buy this supply for under $5 and it will last for your whole life.

Boxing Match is very good, probably one of the best gimmicks. Think of the possibilities you can do with this gimmick.
I have this and it is a powerfull effect. I am working on a two card in the box effect. one card at a time..

Sebashtion H.
There are quite a few possibilites that can be utilized using this gimmick. For example you could do something along the lines of two cards fusing together (AOC and 3OC) to form the selected card the Four of Clubs. The gimmick is very simple and can be used in many different situations.

Hope that helped a little,
NOah
Is it possible that the spectator selects a card face down, and put it in the box still face down. You give the spec a billet, and written on it is f.e. 8 of hearts!
Now the card is removed from the box, turned around, and itīs the 8 of hearts!
is this possible?
bst kiki
Found the answer!

kiki
Just got this yesterday and am thrilled with it. Really nice!!! If you want the force to be a different card you can use a couple of regular decks to set it up. That way you can do the effect more than once to the same person....
Yas anyone noticed in his DEMO how much cleaner it looks than when performed the "normal" way?
A force is required.