(Close Window)
Topic: Taste?
What is your favorite food to eat while dinning out with someone?

I never know which place to take my friends when ever we go out.. so I'm just wondering so that next time I'll have a good place to go out and eat....

thanks.

Chris
If you're going out with the guys- Hooters (duh!)

If you're entertaining a special chick it's best to find out her tastes in advance and commit them, along with everything else she has said thus far, to memory.

If you're going out with a mixed company of friends- Hooters (duh!)
McDonalds. Just kidding.

Want to find out what's good? Here's something we did to expose our kids (and ourselves) to foods from various cultures.

We went through the yellow pages restaurant section and turned to the part that lists by type of restaurant (Chinese, Greek, French, etc.). We wrote each type of restaurant down on a slip of paper and put them all in a little bag. Once a month, we pulled one out at random and picked a restaurant that sounded (or was recommended) as having the most authentic food of that particular type.

When we got there, we shared two entrees, two appetizers, and two desserts (there were four of us). We tried to order things that were a true sampling of the culture. Let me tell you, there is some really good food out there in the world. Peruvian knocked my socks off (they put french fries in their stir fry - how cool is that?).

Scott
I'm 100% with my bud Yak !
If you are the slightest bit adventurous, try sushi. My wife and I love it and have been eating it for years. I do understand that alot of people want their food cooked and not just unconscious but you are almost bound to find something you will like.
. . . because, as the old song goes:
"If you knew sushi
"Like I know sushi . . . "
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
WOW, these are great places to go to, why didn't I think of it... well thanks, :)
Try Malaysian food.
Either a good Thai place or Vietnamese.

For Thai I'd recommend 'Pad Thai' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_Thai )I usually go with either the chicken or shrimp.

For Vietnamese have 'Pho', Vietnamese noodle soup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph%E1%BB%9F Typically there's many to choose from. I usually go either bbq pork or seafood.
Indian for preference, then Italian
Is this a serious thread? OP has such a non-preference about food that the choice of what restaurant to go to is being deferred to a random poll? If you really care that little, I vote for letting your friends decide rather than offering a suggestion that is a consensus from a bunch of internet strangers.

Other than that, Indian food, preferably vegan.
Indian, Southwestern/Mex, French, Sushi, Italian.
Basically in descending order of favor...
[quote]
On 2010-10-18 16:41, gaddy wrote:
Indian... in descending order of favor...
[/quote]

Every 6 months or so, Gaddy and I find common ground.
Pemmican and bannock. ;)
Go to Yelp.com or Chowhound.com. Type in the area you'll be hanging. Pick one that gets good reviews. Live a little.

If you want to make it an adventure, try hunting down one of those Gourmet Food Trucks so trendy at the moment. Some of the stuff is down right tasty.
Indian (not the pemmican and bannock type), Chinese, all you can eat sushi.

I like Italian food, but unless it is a really special place I find that the food at most Italian places is about as good as I can make at home given an onion, some garlic, a can of Ragu, and some pasta to work with.