(Close Window)
Topic: Spider Pen Two & The Spider Watch
I shot Yigal an email a couple days ago inquiring about the release date on the Spider Watch, this is the reply I received...

There is a possibility that we might come out with the Spider Pen Two before the Spider Watch. Both of the new devices have additional hi-tech functionality never seen before in the marketplace (they are not just original Spider Pens with a different shaped body). These products (as well as several other super-secret items now in development) will completely "raise the bar" in the art of invisible thread and set a new standard of excellence for years to come. And both will be for sale this year…

So... Spider Pen Two, Spider Watch, and a couple of super-secret items from Mesika to be released in '07... I'm just speculating here but I'm imagining the new high tech functionality he's referencing would be something along the lines of retraction speed regulation (i.e. a control knob which would vary the speed the motor retracts the IT, enabling the user to vary the speed which an item levitates or animates). I'm sure he's thrown in a couple more innovations too, but I'm pretty confident Spider Pen Two will have this functionality in some way, shape, or form as will the Spider Watch.
Any specific ideas on dates?
I like the spidey watch idea. What month in 07 can we expect this?
Can't give out exact release dates yet... but the releases might coincide with Angel's new season (which starts in June)...
Don't get me started.
Hopefully these are out soon! And man Paisa that just sucks...I'm prayin for ya! Back up your magic onto a harddrive, that's what I am going to do just in case. If you have an older ipod you could even use that. Back on topic, the watch has always been something I think a lot of people thought about, if he can make it and make it well, I think there is a lot of potential there.
Adam
Can't wait for it to release
Any news on a release as we go into October!
I guess it won't come out...
Not coming out? ..Say it isn't so...:(
Spider watch? Is that not the same as a small ITR up the sleeve?
Hopefully the quality of a Spider watch will be more up to date than the Spider Pen 1 as I'm sure it will look funny if we are wearing watches that look like they just came out of a box of cocoa puffs. :-P I love the ideas, just hope for the money he uses better materials as I'm sure it would get better reviews and sell.

-Luke
From what Yigal was quoted as saying back in April/May (seen it somewhere), both of these where supposed to be October releases (or atleast he was shooting for an Oct release), and Spiderpen 2 was pretty much almost finished at that time. Wonder whats taking him, and hopefully SP2 is made of better materials this time around, as it deserves better then that cheap thin plastic it is made of.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (May 23, 2008 08:42AM)
Any updates on these?
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (May 23, 2008 10:28PM)
The spider watch sounds amazing!

does anyone sell extra loop holders for the wallet?
I also would love to know about any updates/release dates.
Thank you!
Sam Best
Check out my second post in the below linked discussion. It was made in 2003.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=25320&forum=4

Ron Jaxon
Any news on your watch Ron?
I got my own and I made a couple for other magicians to test out. They liked it but had the same issues I had and it's why I put it on hold because I wasn't able to work out the power issue. The battery would die down too fast. I experimented with an external power supply (Larger battery on a wire connected to the watch or a row of smaller batteries on the band of the watch). But I didn't like the fact that it wasn't all self contained. I wanted to just put the watch on like any normal watch and be ready to use it.

But because it uses a tiny watch battery it works great for a while but then the battery would get weaker and the tension would change. So I never liked that and to be honest I'm not all that knowledgeable in that kind of thing.

On the other hand I'm sure many new technology's have come out in that area since 2003. So we'll see if Yigal was able to work those issues out. If he did I'll buy one.

Ron Jaxon
Any news on the spider watch?
I'm still looking forward to these being released. Does anyone have any more information on them?
Me too, I'm still looking forward to these. Hopefully all the problems are solved in the second version of Spider Pen.
Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank those of you who had a chance to stop by our booth at the IBM/SAM 2008 combined convention in Louisville, KY and pre-ordered our new Spider Pen Pro. Unfortunately we were only able to take pre-orders on 100 pieces, and have since then completely sold out. So, if you were one of the lucky folks to order the item in time, you should be receiving your unit in the next two to three weeks.

We will post a video of the convention in the next couple of weeks so that everyone can view a demo of the product, however it will not be ready until after we have replenished our supply, and the item is available for sale once again.

Since 2004, the Original Spider Pen has been an incredible success with magicians all around the world; introducing the idea to the magic community. There have been many improvements in technology from its initial release though, which have otherwise allowed me to implement new, advanced features that would not have been available at that time. This is why I have decided to include them in my new Spider Pen Pro.

The big additions on the new Spider Pen Pro are a power saving function with a longer-lasting battery, plus a remote control and toe-switch feature. With the toe-switch, you will be able to remotely perform with hands free operation over 30 ft. away; all the while with no suspicious movements or hand gestures. This will allow you to focus on your performance, instead of where your thread is located. Levitate a dollar bill or other small object; making it raise or fall under your command. Or, try our new "Dancing Effect" feature, and have it jump up and down as though it were possessed (much like Fred Kaps' dancing cork or Kevin James' floating rose).

Like our Original Spider Pen, the Spider Pen Pro also uses the same Spider Spools which many online retailers already carry. Just place one spool one top of the pen, and you're ready to perform.

As I mentioned before, the pre-orders for the Spider Pen Pro have completely sold out, though we will certainly keep you updated as to when they will be ready for sale once more. Here's an ad that we created for the item, and should answer a lot of your questions, though you can always email us through the website at: http://www.YigalMesika.Com

Sincerely,
Yigal Mesika

P.S.: For those of you who were at the convention, it would be much appreciated if you might be able to give your sincere, initial opinions on the Spider Pen Pro for those who missed it.

The advertisement may by viewed by visiting this link:
http://www.yigalmesika.com/MagicCafe/SpiderPenAd.jpg
Just by looking at the adv, I already fell in love with it!!

I am glad it is made with steel, so now it looks like a normal pen. Unfortunately I am not in US and can't buy it frm the convention.

Just would like to know:
1) How much is it?
2) Will it be included with effects DVD?
3) When will it be ready for the public?
4) Do you limited one per person who order??
How much? I'm guessing $100? Def worth it if so, compared to the cheap construction of the first Pen.
I'd bet closer to $200. Around $190 or so.
^ Def will not disagree with that, I'm actually thinking around the same price as ET ($149-150). I'll get it no-matter what... Totally feasible considering the construction of the pen and what Yigal's offering. I seriously cannot wait for this, and the pen looks just like the chrome looking pen I walk around with at work, can't get any better! No tangling, bouncy floaty objects, uses triple "A" batteries, crome finish, no cracking, toe switch, no movement! Just WOW! :)
WOW. Thanks Yigal for the INFO. I'm excited for this pen. I'll be sure to order one once its out again for ordering.
Can't wait for this pen! I had the first one, and it was great. No issues with breakage really. This new one sounds excellent though!
Does anyone know when they are going to take orders for the second batch?
I want one and I want it now. :)
I feel the same way Silvio.... I can't wait!.
I bought the original pen back in 2004. I liked it and it worked well, but ultimately, I never used it, mostly because I thought it looked a little fishy, and I wasn't a fan of the tiny batteries.

This new one looks fantastic though! Looks normal, uses a more standard battery, and has some nice new features as well. Wish I could've gone to Kentucky this year and seen it!

Looking forward to a demo, pricing info, etc. I think this will be one hot item!
Is there a price tag for it already?
[quote]
On 2008-08-14 11:57, Mercury52 wrote:
I bought the original pen back in 2004. I liked it and it worked well, but ultimately, I never used it, mostly because I thought it looked a little fishy, and I wasn't a fan of the tiny batteries.

This new one looks fantastic though! Looks normal, uses a more standard battery, and has some nice new features as well. Wish I could've gone to Kentucky this year and seen it!

Looking forward to a demo, pricing info, etc. I think this will be one hot item!
[/quote]

Yeah when things are too gimmicky then can be uncomfortable to work with. This new one seems promising. Looking forward to the new features.
[quote]
On 2008-08-19 13:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:
[/quote]

My buddy tells me Yigel was selling some of these at the convention for $80. I also heard the pen kept popping apart for some due to issue's with the middle ring on the Pen, so yigel had to go back to the drawing board and put a better ring on the pen. Just reporting what I been told.:)
Let's hope it is better than Spider Pen I, which was trash (read the Café posts - it seems that half the posters' - mine included - did not work). Does anyone know if this one is reliable? It's a good concept; the execution or engineering were poor on the first version . . .
[quote]
On 2008-08-19 16:16, Piz wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-08-19 13:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:
[/quote]

My buddy tells me Yigel was selling some of these at the convention for $80. I also heard the pen kept popping apart for some due to issue's with the middle ring on the Pen, so yigel had to go back to the drawing board and put a better ring on the pen. Just reporting what I been told.:)
[/quote]

Wow...so they are still made in China huh?! ;)
I mean honestly; Why can't they make a quality product that doesn't fall apart after a few uses? I'd definatively pay more for a quality prop.

I am looking into Sean's iThread as well.
Looks good, any news on when it will be available for overseas customers and a rough RRP?
Any updates on this Watch yet?
Is there anything new??
[quote]
On 2009-02-24 13:39, cyberdog wrote:
Is there anything new??
[/quote]

Yes, his Tarantula was just released. Maybe it will tide you over until Spider Pen Pro.

Best,

Doug L.
Hello:)

Does anyone know where I can buy the spider pen pro?
Or is it out yet? I've been searching online and can't find it anywhere.