(Close Window)
Topic: White Art? Wearing white.
As some of you may know, I'm just getting back into magic after a long hiatus. Well I'm slowly putting together a Gospel routine. One effect I would like to do is levitating a paper heart. Now here's my problem. My wife and I are members of The Brothers and Sisters of Charity Domestic. Our religious community wears white from Spring until Fall. I'd like to do threadwork, but I prefer loops. Are there any pre-made loops that are white or clear? I'd like to perform for our brothers & sisters in community, but I don't want to perform out of our habit (a white tunic). Here's a link to my website so you can see what I'm talking about. Any suggestions about performing in white are greatly appreciated.

http://davidmazurowski.truepath.com/

Thanks and God bless...
In the 70s, we did a lot of "white art" magic. Find stage magicians who are at least 50 years old and you may find a garage of good props and ideas. They do exist!

(Sorry, I gave away my white costumes to a little theater group for their costume inventory.)

Good Luck!

It will be fun.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
I remember some of the old white on white stuff, but haven't seen any of it in years. One problem even if you find a white thread is that white on white still can cast a shadow, you have to be very careful of lighting. Black on black does not cast a shadow.
Photius,

I agree. The world of flat black covers a multitude of sins!

Shadows show on white that never show on flat black.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Ah well...I'll stay away from IT until the Fall. We wear brown in the Fall and Winter. Thanks so much for your replies.