(Close Window)
Topic: Loops DVD
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 15, 2007 01:05PM)
I am suprised no one has talked about the new loops dvd's coming out the 22nd. This has Daniel Garcia, Justin Miller & Nathan Kranzo as a three dvd set teaching some of their most unique routines utilizing the one product many magi shy away from (LOOPS). I know with these three they will have some of the most killer routines that has been produced using this utility. Has anyone else heard the word??
DG supposedly has a breath taking routine that made women cry using loops. Looks interesting.
I find it interesting that justin is releaseing "the cloak" a loop hook up of some sort around the same time
[quote]
On 2007-05-15 14:21, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I find it interesting that justin is releaseing "the cloak" a loop hook up of some sort around the same time
[/quote]

Me too. Maybe it's Justin's refinements since the shooting of the Ellusionist dvd? Justin?
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 15, 2007 01:32PM)
I seen the ad a few days back on the cloak but didn't put 2 & 2 together. I would rather spend the extra cash and get all three dvd's but they do not have a price on them yet. Anyone have an idea of the cost? Also I had just bought some elastic IT but haven't tried to make loops. Any suggestions on how to tie them?
Hey guys,
The Cloak is NOT A LOOP HOOK-UP it is a BRAND NEW ELASTIC HOOK-UP that will for the first time ever allow you to haver freedom in your animations and levitations. The Cloak will be released in July..

As for the LOOPS dvd..man are you guys in for a treat. Danny,Myself, and Nate have left nothing unturned in this 3 dvd set.
There is not one filler moment on this 3 dvd set..every item you see we either perform in our real-world performances or in our lectures and master classes.
Finally LOOPS gets its due reward.

Justin N. Miller
[quote]
On 2007-05-15 14:20, VcosNJ wrote:
DG supposedly has a breath taking routine that made women cry using loops. Looks interesting.
[/quote]

That may be the "butterfly" that was well talked about a while back.
Can't wait for the demo.

[quote]
On 2007-05-15 16:01, jussy wrote:
Hey guys,
The Cloak is NOT A LOOP HOOK-UP it is a BRAND NEW ELASTIC HOOK-UP that will for the first time ever allow you to haver freedom in your animations and levitations.
Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

Thank you Justin, for the scoop on The Cloak.
That helps a lot. It sounds like something really workable with all that freedom.
I'll keep an eye out for it.
Ahhh, I guess I might get both I have more intrest in the cloak tho. I wish these guys would produce this stuff independantly. ordering from e makes me feel cheap and dirty lol
And also dang I was hoping you might have this at the your lecture on friday justin =D
The loop DVD is coming out on 22nd? where to buy, Ellusionist? I checked the site and see nothing about it.
The brad said they would be 50 for all three plus loop discounts. and also mentioned they would 70 if bought one at a time (or 24 bucks basiclly ) I'm liking the price tho not bad at all
Wise they don;t have pages up yet. I know your forums are for 16 year olds but they do release info earily there -D
Josh,

At the $50 price tag for all three volumes this is almost impossible to pass up =)

If you feel a bit dirty afterwards you can always wash up and enjoy the magic!

--Jim
[quote]
DG supposedly has a breath taking routine that made women cry using loops.
[/quote]

Not that I don't believe it, but that's just hype. I know a girl who starts to cry whenever I "fry" her (or whatever the latest buzz word is).
FInally some news on this.
Thanks for the update.
[quote]
Not that I don't believe it, but that's just hype. I know a girl who starts to cry whenever I "fry" her (or whatever the latest buzz word is).
[/quote]

I'm holding out for the performance that causes a spec's head to explode, like in Scanners movie.
Trailer is up on their website

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Loops/Loops-Teaser.php
It looks great, but I'm afraid like any E products this will be overly exposed on the internet.

I hope E will raise the price if the materials are good as they claim to be.
The trailer looks great. I'm always looking for new ideas for Loops. Can't wait for the release.
Message: Posted by: whateverisisright (May 15, 2007 07:56PM)
Can't wait...could NOT be more excited.

I'm also VERY curious about The Cloak. Good thing it's July though...It'll give me time to beef up more of my loop effects.
I have been looking for a good loops dvd for a while.

Ellusionist web site says...

"A NEW TEASER WILL APPEAR EACH DAY UNTIL LAUNCH ON MAY 22"
I really wish it had a slider bar on the teaser. It's so fast you pretty much miss everything.
Though, the one thing I did catch that I AM very curious about was the flapping origami bill butterfy. I saw someone make one on one of the A&E magic documentaries and always wanted to know the folding for it. I hope that IS included, and not just an effect with the folded butterfly with out the flapping wings bit.
[quote]
[/quote]

I think that's cause he flicked the loop and it hit her in the eye.
The Origmai Butterly can be found in Money Folding Foolery and I think it's by Robert Neale....sorry I can't remember for sure. Some neat folds in there. A cool one is where you fold a magician's tophat and a rabbit emerges from it. Both books are worth a look, but enough about money folding....back to LOOPS!!
Ive played with one of those flapping paper cranes, people seem to love it.
I hope this set isn't too card heavy.
jimesw that's funny!
Its "Folding Money Fooling"
[quote]
On 2007-05-15 21:33, gdw wrote:
Though, the one thing I did catch that I AM very curious about was the flapping origami bill butterfy. I saw someone make one on one of the A&E magic documentaries and always wanted to know the folding for it. I hope that IS included, and not just an effect with the folded butterfly with out the flapping wings bit.
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

What was the routine like?

All the best,

Kranzo
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 11:10, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]Yea they did, I'm not sure about routine or trick at all. All I know its in this book "Folding Money Fooling". Trick called Fluttering Butterfly. Here is book cover http://www.wonderworkshops.com/image.php?productid=72, and from what it seems, butterfly moves.
What time do they change the teasers each day?

First one looks pretty impressive. Sounds like its jam packed with useful info.
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]

I believe it was one of the A&E History of Magic specials, or what ever they were called.

Guy with long hair, he folded the bill, made it flap a bit and then changed it into a real butterfly. He also did a bunch of coin work on there too.
I think (could be wrong) it was loslander.

Justin N. Miller
As much as I try to not let the hype get to me, I'm become excited about this one. iv had quite the desire to do some stuff with threads for a while... especial kevin james floating rose, and these from E plus justins cloak hook up, sound like a good start. iv not see the cloak obviously but I do a few of justins effects such x marks the spot, silver dream, and even the card printing thing and they always play real big espeaclly X, and iv come to trust what he puts out
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 12:54, jussy wrote:
I think (could be wrong) it was loslander.

Justin N. Miller

[/quote]

I don't think it was, but would have made sense. This guy had black hair. More of a bizzare approach, and by that I mean the more story oriented magic.
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]

don't worry Nate... they didn't do the effect I teach on the dvd. It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling) who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand. It is an AMAZING effect and one of the effects that Andrew is known for. I have always been facinated with oragami and studied many books on the subject. As for the oragami butterfly itself... it is taught in Robert E. Neale's "Folding Money Fooling" ... the book is really good and offers a wide variety of magic related oragami with dollar bills. In the introduction it says that all the oragami folds are original to him, so I'm guessing that he created the oragami bill butterfly that I use in the LOOPS DVD. Not to worry, I NEVER claimed the oragami fold as my own, AND I also referenced Mr. Neale's book and held up the book for the camera to get a shot of it, when I was in San Francisco shooting for the LOOPS DVD.

As far as the DVD... from the small amount that I have seen, it looks like it is a GREAT DEAL of information regarding loops as a tool for some killer effects. Both Justin and Nate have some AMAZING effects on the DVD and offer some really good insight on loops managment. I think we all offer a great deal of respect for Finn Jon creating a GREAT TOOL for some POWERFUL magic.

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
Thank's Mr.Garcia, While you are around I know a few people would be interested in
any news of your wallet?
Teaser #2 is up with an effect not taught on the dvd.
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 14:18, dg magic wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]

don't worry Nate... they didn't do the effect I teach on the dvd. It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling) who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand. It is an AMAZING effect and one of the effects that Andrew is known for. I have always been facinated with oragami and studied many books on the subject. As for the oragami butterfly itself... it is taught in Robert E. Neale's "Folding Money Fooling" ... the book is really good and offers a wide variety of magic related oragami with dollar bills. In the introduction it says that all the oragami folds are original to him, so I'm guessing that he created the oragami bill butterfly that I use in the LOOPS DVD. Not to worry, I NEVER claimed the oragami fold as my own, AND I also referenced Mr. Neale's book and held up the book for the camera to get a shot of it, when I was in San Francisco shooting for the LOOPS DVD.

As far as the DVD... from the small amount that I have seen, it looks like it is a GREAT DEAL of information regarding loops as a tool for some killer effects. Both Justin and Nate have some AMAZING effects on the DVD and offer some really good insight on loops managment. I think we all offer a great deal of respect for Finn Jon creating a GREAT TOOL for some POWERFUL magic.

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
[/quote]Well said.
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 15:42, Barry Gitelson wrote:
[/quote]Was it a joke by ellusionist. Nahh.. are they pulling my leg, where the cameras, is this Punk'd?

Back to reality, I found it pretty hilarious. I mean come on "Here the teaser for Loops, of effect we don't actaully teach."
Ahahaha! what a teaser!
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 16:56, Pavloter wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]Was it a joke by ellusionist. Nahh.. are they pulling my leg, where the cameras, is this Punk'd?

Back to reality, I found it pretty hilarious. I mean come on "Here the teaser for Loops, of effect we don't actaully teach."
[/quote]

I'm sure it was just to show how a simple trick with loops could be so powerful to the audience.
HEY HEY HEY, no loop talk without me involved. So now where were we?
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 20:54, paisa23 wrote:
HEY HEY HEY, no loop talk without me involved. So now where were we?[/quote] LOL! That's the spirit! :)

Guys, this looks GREAT!!!
I can't wait to [i]absorb[/i] all the well kept secrets this has to offer.
What a treat for the magic world!

Congrats!
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 16:56, Pavloter wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

LOL!

All the best,

Kranzo
Okey, they changed that teaser for the Butterfly effect. It is nice effect and reaction is cool, BUT was it strong effect or nice presentation of Garcia which made lady cry? Thinks about it. OR maybe she just has Hay-Fever or Allergy for paper butterflies, who knows. I liked it, hopefully it will be easy setup.
I think the whole women crying thing is kinda rediculous. maybe it was that time of the month or somthing. howver you look at it its still a folding piece of paper. amazing paper ... yes. act of god .... hardly. if you cacth my drift. note I'm not "downing" the effect at all, but just the hype on this effect is just to much
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 09:12, Joshua Barrett wrote:
I think the whole women crying thing is kinda rediculous. maybe it was that time of the month or somthing. howver you look at it its still a folding piece of paper. amazing paper ... yes. act of god .... hardly. if you cacth my drift. note I'm not "downing" the effect at all, but just the hype on this effect is just to much
[/quote]I understand what you say about hype of Ellusionist promotion, I think DVD would be better off without Ellusionist at all, even though they probably finance it etc.
But lets don't be sexist mate, but yea I know what you mean.
Pavo, I was merely joking, sorry it soundsed sexist, it was ment for more of a har har kind of thing. I do think these will be great tho =D
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 09:32, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Pavo, I was merely joking, sorry it soundsed sexist, it was ment for more of a har har kind of thing. I do think these will be great tho =D
[/quote]Yea I know mate, so was I.
I think its just too earily in the mourning for me =D
Sound like a great DVD !! Hope they also teach how to make loop :)

Concerning the butterfly effect, I just watched the teaser but it looks like the basic effect from Robert Neale where no loop is required (wings can move with very little movement of finger=> It is one of my favorite effect in Neale book).

Nicolas
I can't wait till next week for this release.
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 10:44, papawemba wrote:
Sound like a great DVD !! Hope they also teach how to make loop :)

Concerning the butterfly effect, I just watched the teaser but it looks like the basic effect from Robert Neale where no loop is required (wings can move with very little movement of finger=> It is one of my favorite effect in Neale book).

Nicolas
[/quote]Loops needed for self-folding part.
3rd video is up, with effect, so called Hair. I don't really know, I think it shouldn't been placed on that dvd, due the strength of effect. I mean no "Real Ellusionist Magician"* will understand full potential of this effect.

*"Real Ellusionist Magician" - so called magician who collects colourful playing cards. Got in collection at least one Black Ghost deck, has Ellusionist Cap or Shirt, and think that Brad Christian should take part in FISM, because he can win it and ellusionist ROCKS. Super cool magicians.
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 09:21, Pavloter wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]I understand what you say about hype of Ellusionist promotion, I think DVD would be better off without Ellusionist at all, even though they probably finance it etc.
[/quote]

You are right. We financed it, came up with the idea in the first place, chose the artists that we wanted to be involved in the project, directed it, produced it, filmed it, authored it and are now promoting it. So if we didn't do all that you would be sitting there with no three DVD Set to learn from. I'm not sure the "DVD" would be better off without Ellusionist, but you are welcome to think that. I just wanted to make sure you have all your facts.

Peace,

Brad.
Wow all that from thinking ellusionist just might not make girls cry? joking aside come on brad, were all gonna buy the thing so what are you so upset about? were having some fun with the marketing techniques and so forth. if you don;t like that then use tradional ads. but if you want to be all "kewl dude, in yo face! magic xtrme, then I think we should be allowed to have fun with that. lighten up, that's all I'm saying. I like to think my 50 bucks gives me enough right to poke some fun
I am taking it that Hair is a take on Psycokenetic Touch by Banecheck. Interesting take on it too.

I believe there was a similar use for thread with the old one handed set up and "feeling" energy.
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 15:47, bradchristian wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

You are right. We financed it, came up with the idea in the first place, chose the artists that we wanted to be involved in the project, directed it, produced it, filmed it, authored it and are now promoting it. So if we didn't do all that you would be sitting there with no three DVD Set to learn from. I'm not sure the "DVD" would be better off without Ellusionist, but you are welcome to think that. I just wanted to make sure you have all your facts.

Peace,

Brad.
[/quote]*rubbing my thumb and forefinger together*
Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the Ellusionist.
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 16:19, Pavloter wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 15:47, bradchristian wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Peace,

Brad.
[/quote]*rubbing my thumb and forefinger together*
Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the Ellusionist.
[/quote]

You sure you're not playing it for yourself ?
I mean..you seem to make a point of how much you dislike Ellusionist everywhere, even on the E forums, thankfully you're banned from them. When you're not telling the world how much you don't like E you're just being an ass to people..I mean, come on..Getalife.
Ok guys lets just stop there. id really like it if we could get the thread back on track and keep it for getting deleted.

I for one am looking forward to the dvd's thread work can be really great and I think those that star in the set have proven there worth
All looks good. But I supposed most of us know how to do these tricks with loops.

I am interested in this DVD because someone said that it discussed how to fix the reflection problems and how to do loop tricks under spot/sunlight. I think that is the part where it interested professional rather than 16 yrs old kids.

But frm the adv and demos, it doesn't really stated that these topics will be discussed in details. Anyone can give me some idea if these will be discussed in depth in the DVDs?
I think its really going to be hard to say bud. when silver dream came out. they advertised a "in-depth" study of sleeving. to me at least I didn;t see anything in-depth. I might suggest to wait until after release to ask some one that already has it for a sure answer
I'm really eager to see how many non-card tricks there are...I love the scary applications of loops that blow people away.
If you are genuinely interested in keeping up with the details of the effects and the composition of the dvd's themselves I suggest you at least read the forums dedicated to the products:

http://www.elusionist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Nate, Danny, and Justin are all posting responses to questions on a regular basis. All we are doing is cross-posting and quoting that material here for those too lazy to visit that forum.

--Jim
Message: Posted by: whateverisisright (May 18, 2007 01:01AM)
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 21:33, MagicBrent wrote:
I'm really eager to see how many non-card tricks there are...I love the scary applications of loops that blow people away.
[/quote]

I agree. And since the 3rd trailer has come out, I'm interested in the Daniel Garcia effect "hair." From what I gather, it's a PK Touch type effect. Looks very cool...
I think Loops have always been slightly underrated, and I'm really excited to see the get such attention by guys who see the power in simplicity. Can't wait. : )

||sean ||
Looks like it could be a sick release. Finally something of proper quality from E, been waiting a couple of months now..
:) chill brad..hehe.. will def pick it up
The Butterfly effect is simply one of the most beautiful things in magic I have ever seen. That alone would be worth a twenty to learn and have the rights to perform would be worth another twenty.

As far as Brad's marketing you might want to put your talent for reading to good use. I'd suggest any book by Al Reis. He and Jack Trout are the gurus of a subject called Positioning. I also recommend a book called Focus by Al Reis. Brad did "it" correctly and is reaping the benefits.

Good job, Brad!

Randy
Have to agree, Butterfly Effect is on point. Cant wait to get my hands on this.
[quote]
On 2007-05-17 16:56, wise owl wrote:
All looks good. But I supposed most of us know how to do these tricks with loops.

I am interested in this DVD because someone said that it discussed how to fix the reflection problems and how to do loop tricks under spot/sunlight. I think that is the part where it interested professional rather than 16 yrs old kids.

But frm the adv and demos, it doesn't really stated that these topics will be discussed in details. Anyone can give me some idea if these will be discussed in depth in the DVDs?

[/quote]

Yes.

: )

Kranzo
I agree -- the Butterfly effect is really beautiful.
I was not expecting much...

But, yes, it looks really good.

I enjoyed the butterfly effect.
I just watched the domos. WOW! I'm getting a copy
We (the artist) are all very excited about this project. This is REAL WORD material that will fryyy.

Justin N. Miller
As for the loops themselves....There are excellent loops, and terrible loops,
according to other threads on the Café....I really hope you include some nice
loops with the dvd, so we can play with this right away....
According to the various posting that's been going on, Loops are not automatically included when you buy the DVDs, but will be offered at a discount when you buy the DVDs. That gives you a chance to stock up when you first order the DVDs.

For the future, MJM Magic has a nice price on Loops, as well as on Yigal's spool of elastic IT.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin....
[quote]
On 2007-05-20 10:30, Mercury52 wrote:
For the future, MJM Magic has a nice price on Loops, as well as on Yigal's spool of elastic IT.

Kevin
[/quote]
"Infinity" IET is still the best deal for the finest invisible elastic thread in the world.

Rudy
Rudy told it like it is....
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 14:18, dg magic wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone did this on A&E?

All the best,

Kranzo
[/quote]

thanks to all,

Daniel Garcia
[/quote]Will it work with another currencies, like lets say Euro's or British Pounds?
Now I don't remember who it was but I saw someone on t.v. in Vegas do the Butterfly Bill bit, Not what DG does but just the Fold and turned it into a real butterfly, I never found how to do that effect, but combining that with the DG's Loop effect I think would be really sweet. Just my thoughts.
Paisa23 - It was Andrew Goldenhurst (spelling)on an A&E special who performed a trick where a folded dollor bill butterfly turned into a REAL butterfly in his hand.

Danny Garica mentioned this is a post on the second page of this thread.
Got-cha. sorry for the double post. [b]I WANT MY LOOPS DVD!!!![/b]
The 5th and final teaser is up . . . I guess . . . ?

Here: http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Animated-Miracles-Yigal-Mesika.htm

It mentions the 5th teaser on the teaser page, and then gives a link to the above link...

Looks like their trying to plug more products with the release of LOOPS. Lol.

-Vinnie
Well the full trailer is going to be out tomorrow along with the release of The Guerrilla Guide To using Loops. So the trailer should be a lot longer and show more effects.
Just placed my order.
Wow, I'm surprised theres no new posts here. LOL... It IS the release day.

Guess everyone's too busy ordering it. LOL.

And Dan, Nate, and Justin: The price on these DVDs are great! You guys could have easily made the 3 DVD set $90 and still had as much success in the release! Great pricing!

-Vinnie
I agree $49.99 for the 3 DVD set is unbeatable.
Does anyone still make there own? I used to make them all the time a few years back but the thread that I was using was just to weak. Has anyone made there own using the new mesika thread?
Common guys, let's hear some reviews. Download it >.<
[quote]
On 2007-05-22 20:56, Blindside785 wrote:
Common guys, let's hear some reviews. Download it >.<
[/quote]
Still watching it so it is hard to review it... there is some good information to watch and learn.
Review the tricks then? Like what they look like and all that jazz :)
[quote]
On 2007-05-16 15:18, Markymark wrote:
Thank's Mr.Garcia, While you are around I know a few people would be interested in
any news of your wallet?
[/quote]

And after that, there was a ... silence ...
Under $50 bucks for 3 excellent DVD is a bargain. But unfortunately they don' give discount to buy both DVD and the dwnload. I guess most people will prefer the DVD then?

I do. that's probably why we don't have many revw here yet
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 23, 2007 07:59AM)
I had bought a spool of silkworm at the Battle of Magicians this year knowing this was on its way. I had worked with loops before but didn't have too much experience with them (although I did use them in a show for a PK effect with a fork.) I have found a great way to tie IET and make perfect loops but it does take a while to get a feel for how to keep track of where the thread is all the time while making these. If you search the forums for loops you can see where a gentlemen posted a diagram on how to tie a loop. This is the same way I make them. If anyone needs any tips let me know and I'll see if I may be of any help.
Happy Looping!!!
I ordered the dvds and a spool of yigals thread , should be good!
I bought the download version (all 3), I'll post a review later, but I can already tell you that this set is amazing. If you have any specific questions before my review then ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Cannot wait for some reviews. Hope you guys like it.
Justin N. Miller
I opted for the DVDs, I just have to wait.
[quote]
On 2007-05-23 12:05, paisa23 wrote:
I opted for the DVDs, I just have to wait.
[/quote]

can't you back up up the download and make a disc for personal use?
You can put them on disk, but if you try and play them on a different computer to that which you used to download them, your files will be ruined.
Was there that final trailer with the release?
Nevermind, I found it.
Now if I could only order some time to practice on the web id be good to go =D
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 23, 2007 12:32PM)
Justin,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you guys (including NK & DG) have done to help inspire new and old magicians. Showing how the younger generations approach to the magic world has created a whole new realm of magic. Great job guys and can't wait for some more things to come.

PS. I looked forward to meeting you at the Battle in Canton but didn't see you there?

JT
To see Justin and Kranzo's thinking will be a thrill. They KNOW what works!!!
Congratulations to everyone!

Looks like a great package.
Looks incredible, I have never liked loops alot, but this looks like its going to change my thinking.
I think the ultimate would be for in the Butterfly effect ("Life"), it would be AWESOME to have a killer ending where the bill actually changes into a real butterfly!

How? I have no clue, but if anyone has any help on how this can be possible, post it!

=]
-Vinnie
How about a fake blood drop, and a gimmicked knife just to hold it? ;)
[quote]
On 2007-05-23 22:36, gdw wrote:
How about a fake blood drop, and a gimmicked knife just to hold it? ;)
[/quote]

Or half a skittle?
[quote]
On 2007-05-23 22:06, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
I think the ultimate would be for in the Butterfly effect ("Life"), it would be AWESOME to have a killer ending where the bill actually changes into a real butterfly!

How? I have no clue, but if anyone has any help on how this can be possible, post it!

=]
-Vinnie
[/quote]

It can Be done, I'm on the search for it. If I come up with it, then ill get up with you when I'm in Jersey. Hopefully in December.
The set is superb. I did the downloadable version. It is worth every one of those 5000 pennies. Life is great. And Vinnie, great minds must think alike because that was the first thing I thought of once I watched the Garcia section. I came up w/ a method that makes it work to. Having a real butterfly at the end will be killer. I'll post a full review tomorrow or friday. But if I were asked to give it a rating now, it would be 10/10.

Great job Mr. Kranzo, Mr. Miller, and Mr. Garcia. It's a great set. My thanks goes out to you for putting so much work into the set. I can't thank you enough. Again, Great job!
Not necessary to be a real butterfly at the end. If we add some thread work, it can eaily make the butterfly fly away. That would be cool too. Anyone watched 'illusionst movie'? the butterfly effect there is impressive too.

Also suggested everyone to buy money fooling book (previous pages mentioned). A Lot of the paperwork there can use thread loop to create amazing animation.
Off Topic::::

I just want to throw in something about Justin Miller because you were speaking of "The Illusionist". I randomly asked Justin Miller if his Elastic hook-up can achieve the same effect of what was in "The Illusionist", with the Slowing down the wadded up paper ball (It was an orange in the movie) when tossing it down to the other hand vertically and he said that effect could be achieved exactly as said with the setup.
Message: Posted by: WanderingMagician (May 24, 2007 04:27AM)
Are there any more reviews of this yet? Can anyone provide a review/more details of the effects included in all three dvds (particularly the non card items)?

I'm sure that the advice provided is top notch but, having already read Mesika's Animated Miracles, what new ideas are shared here, apart from the very intriguing Life effect?
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 24, 2007 07:26AM)
After seeing the butterfly (Life) effect on the trailer the first time I think we all had one thing in mind, HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT INTO A REAL BUTTERFLY?? Well anyone heard of the change cap?? That was my first thought. Try it out and let me know if it works for you. I had been looking at these for a while, now I may just have to pick one up.
Ive posted a full review in the Pdf/Downloads etc review section, here's a direct link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=211526&forum=159&0
[quote]
On 2007-05-24 08:26, Illusion & Beyond wrote:
After seeing the butterfly (Life) effect on the trailer the first time I think we all had one thing in mind, HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT INTO A REAL BUTTERFLY?? .
[/quote]

This is an Effect that Andrew Goldenhurst has been doing for a LONG time now... and there is a REASON that magicians tend to stay away from performing it.

it is because of RESPECT for an artist. Andrew Goldenhurst's Butterfly effect is what he is KNOWN FOR... and out of RESPECT FOR HIM...magicians tend to stay away from that effect. There is no law saying that you cant perform it... it is just common courtesy in the magic world. Andrew is not ready to share his effect with the magic world and I think we should all still repect that choice and him.

DG
Message: Posted by: Illusion & Beyond (May 24, 2007 12:57PM)
I didn't realize that was already done and I know what you mean about respect. The last thing I think anyone here wants to do is disrespect someone elses signature effect. I bet this looks great though.
Man, I can't wait untill I have a bit of money to get these.

Largely I want to learn that butterfly fold asap, lol.
[quote]
On 2007-05-23 23:24, paisa23 wrote:
It can Be done, I'm on the search for it. If I come up with it, then ill get up with you when I'm in Jersey. Hopefully in December.
[/quote]

Thanks man! Hope you can find something!

I'd love to get together when your back in Jersey too! That would be cool!
Maybe you could stop by one of the SAM 161 lectures or I'll catch you at the Roundtable which I'm going to start going to regularly once I get my license (July 25th) =]

Also, I was thinking of a very simple way to d the change would be to have an empty card box with the live butterfly inside, and then after you perform LIFE, just open the box, quickly drop the paper butterfly in, and the real one should come out and fly off.
That is just a simple approach to it, but I'm sure there are more magical ways to do it.

Great job on the DVD's guys! I loved them!

And honestly, the one piece of advice that I benefited from the MOST was the tip that Kranzo told us in the "Reduce Loop Breakage Techniques" section. I'm not going to say it here, but its the tip where he said: [i]"This is something that literaly I have never heard anyone tell before"[/i]
Kranzo, thanks for the GREAT TIP! I've been using the same loop the whole day performing numerous loop effects, and thanks to that tip, it is still unbroken!

Best to all,
-Vinnie
His name is Andrew Goldenhersh. Not GOLDENHURST.

All the best,

Kranzo
Nathan Kranzo's tip was great. It really helped me.
Great DVD set. I've been using loops for years and still got a lot out of these 3 DVDs. Each one had an effect that hit the spot for me and was somethng I would use. Ten dollar bills come alive; rubber bands penetrate one another and then float; cards pop out of decks and then flip over...
-- Steve Bosque
Vinnie and magicman899,

My pleasure! You are very welcome.

All the best,

Kranzo
Just received my 3 DVDs today and watched them right away. Really good stuff. Great variety of effects, clear teaching, clever thinking. Definitely recommended.

Kevin
[quote]
On 2007-05-24 13:57, Illusion & Beyond wrote:
I didn't realize that was already done and I know what you mean about respect. The last thing I think anyone here wants to do is disrespect someone elses signature effect. I bet this looks great though.
[/quote]

Without the Loop it is Bob Neale's fold/animation with handling and presentation by Andrew Goldenhersh. It is the intro to Andrew's butterfly routine he performed on TLC. Andrew then takes the routine from there but the handling is identical.

The only thing that is added is the quick levitation. In speaking with Andrew he mentioned he played with this approach but thought that it only detracted from the animation and turned it into more of a trick.

Different strokes for different folks.

All the best,

Kranzo